Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Sonicor T_T

Noble_One

Yeah, now it requires to mindlessly jump into the crowds of enemies just to suicide kill that one nullifier.

Now the game sure is more fun and balanced, thank you DE.

Oh boo hoo, someone is angry they no longer can let Mesa do all the work and hide behind Frost's bubble... 

Such a hard life us Tenno live.

Most of the replies in this thread state weapons (or ways) you can use to quickly deal with nullifiers.

But DE don't realise, that's the exact thing that's wrong with them; they require a change in your playstyle. There is no "well a sniper is good against them because...", or "bows are useful against all enemies and are well balanced because...", there's only "use explosives to deal with them" and "slide into the crowd of level 80 enemies just to melee them". I don't want to have to change my weapons or playstyle to defeat one type of enemy. I don't want to physically hate solo defense because there will be a time when 4 nullifiers spawn with bombards inside. I don't want compromise.

What I do want is to be able to pick random af weapons and be able to kill whatever I want. Be it that they are only killable from the back, front, or in a small box on their left kneecap -- as long as they don't disregard multiple weapon types (I'm looking at you: snipers, bows, semi-automatics and shotguns) and insist on the player changing their playstyle drastically*.

Of course, people want a challenge, but making a damage capped bubble- that nullifies all abilities- is not the way to provide a challenge. Especially with no level cap. The difference between a level 10 crowd with a level 10 nullifier is exceptionally unequal to that of a level 100 crowd with a level 100 nullifier (especially with that 1-2 hit lanka**).

Please, for the love of all that is holy, rework that enemy.

These are some extra notes (*/**) which I'd like to add but aren't really related to the topic.

* - I mention drastically because a small change to playstyle, such as heightened mobility or taking cover, is completely fine.

** - That lanka also needs toning down a little (A LOT). Maybe new enemy scaling with multishot changes will cover this, maybe not, who knows.

Oh boo hoo, someone is angry they no longer can let Mesa do all the work and hide behind Frost's bubble... 

Such a hard life us Tenno live.

No, I'm angry about the fact that I'm forced to bring a specific equipment and play a specific playstyle because the developers prefer to destroy the game design instead of fixing the whole damage-powers problem.

Oh wait no, I'm just a noob Mesa player as you say and this game is perfect and doesn't need any change or fix at all.

No, I'm angry about the fact that I'm forced to bring a specific equipment and play a specific playstyle because the developers prefer to destroy the game design instead of fixing the whole damage-powers problem.

Oh wait no, I'm just a noob Mesa player as you say and this game is perfect and doesn't need any change or fix at all.

No one is forcing you to bring anything. Especially over 1 type of enemy that only occasionally appears in high level corpus and Void (i.e. T3/T4) tilesets.

There are specific weapons to deal with specific enemies more efficient then others. Sure you can bring a Glaive Prime with you, but it's not that difficult to either deplete the bubble itself, or plan how to get in the bubble to kill them, coupled with deciding factors such as clearing the squad around him first, or if a more sturdy armor frame like Valkyr, to run in, kill him off, and run back to your squad or kill everything else via Histeria/weapons.

I'm sorry that nullifiers can't be like just a normal grunt where we can just mindlessly kill them without a second's notice. They are supposed to be a threat like Heavy Gunners, Anti Moas, Bombards, and Tech Crewman. Only difference here, is instead of a high armor and/or health value, it's a more defense threat for their squad within the bubble, so you can't just use an ability to get it over with.

The Sonicore is still a very fine weapon as is, which still does very well against literally everything else, and hell, it's still fine against that 1 some type of enemy, despite you can't just shoot at it to 1 hit them. So I wouldn't make a big deal over something that you normally won't run into beyond those two situations (high level Void and Corpus tilesets).

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

So, your playstyle, involves never bringing a melee weapon into a mission?

Hmm...

And, your telling me, that none of the weapons you use are effective against the nullifiers? So you have to use others?

Hmm...

I mean, personally, I kill who I can around the nullifier at range, and then proceed to go in the bubble to kill the nullifier.

Or, I'll just take the bubble down from a distance.

This works with any one of my weapons, some better than others, but you saying it requires me to...

mindlessly jump into the crowds of enemies just to suicide kill that one nullifier.

Sounds like you simply don't know how to deal with nullifiers... that's your problem.

The only real problem is that some single shot and shotgun weapons can deal with the bubble well enough, that requires a rework.

Additionally, saying the Nullifiers become too strong to face inside their bubble is a problem with enemy level scaling.

the developers prefer to destroy the game design

Ok, whatever hallucinations make you happy.