Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Sonicor T_T

Noble_One

so yeah im a bit bummed that they "fixed" the sonicor against nully bubbles. i ask why do this as this is a perfect counter (without rushing in) from a medium/short range on top of a great thing for bow/sniper users. do you guys think the change was good or bad?

Bad.

The game requires me to actually recognize them as a threat and challenges me to kill them through means other than mindlessly firing into crowds of enemies without any sort of strategy. 

Very bad...

ヽ(◉◡◔)ノ

._.

._________________________.

Edited by (PS4)buddy72757

Concealed Explosives also doesn't work as good anymore.

this is why i fell in love with it since we have virtually nothing to take them out from range aside from wasting ammo into there bubble for it to pop. with the sonicor it was one shoot boom bubble or kill.

please can re revert this change DE T_T?

this is why i fell in love with it since we have virtually nothing to take them out from range aside from wasting ammo into there bubble for it to pop. with the sonicor it was one shoot boom bubble or kill.

please can re revert this change DE T_T?

I don't think we'll have much luck with that. I've gotten the idea over many things happening like this for different weapons/abilities, that any new weapon or ability that easily dispatches a nullie is a bug waiting to be fixed. In other words, they intend for the nullies to be op against most of our strategies. 

Also, if they gave us one option, and only one option, that was super op against them like that, then no one would use anything else as secondary in a mission where they show up. 

I have to wonder where all of this is going. I played a little bit of Warframe in early 2013, and it's a completely different game now. Back then, taking out one enemy or small groups of enemies at a pace comparable to other first-person shooters seemed to be the norm, as opposed to today, when you powernuke half the map simultaneously after CC'ing them six ways to Monday.

The evolution of the game seems to have gone something like this:

1.) Slowly introduce ever more powerful weapons and mods to encourage platinum sales.

2.) Hey wait, S#&$, the players are powernuking entire roomfuls of enemies effortlessly. What to do?

3.) Increase enemy accuracy to aimbot levels so that maneuvering quickly barely makes a difference defensively.

4.) Give every other enemy a yank, knockdown, or AoE knockdown ability.

5.) Introduce nullifiers. Buff them regularly, make them increasingly bothersome to kill, and spam them out constantly in the endgame.

Of course, we all still powenuke entire roomfuls of enemies effortlessly and go 60+ minutes in endless missions anyway. There's no way to fix the power creep/out-of-control enemy scaling evolution that has occurred without majorly revamping the game as it stands now.

To be fair, the "bullet-jumping nuclear bomb ninja" thing we have going on in this game can be very fun in its own way, and I know a lot of people enjoy it. I certainly do too, or I wouldn't be playing.

Edited by Kastorius

Bad.

The game requires me to actually recognize them as a threat and challenges me to kill them through means other than mindlessly firing into crowds of enemies without any sort of strategy. 

Very bad...

ヽ(◉◡◔)ノ

._.

._________________________.

Yeah, now it requires to mindlessly jump into the crowds of enemies just to suicide kill that one nullifier.

Now the game sure is more fun and balanced, thank you DE.

Try using the Melee Throwables. I don't remember what mods were required to set them up for it, but I was using them before Tactical Potatoe put up a vid that showed them... which I didn't even realize that the mods I already had on my Glaive Prime would allow it to hit the Nullifier.

so yeah im a bit bummed that they "fixed" the sonicor against nully bubbles. i ask why do this as this is a perfect counter (without rushing in) from a medium/short range on top of a great thing for bow/sniper users. do you guys think the change was good or bad?

Dude, the enemy is allowed to counter us, we are not allowed to adapt and counter them.

Where is the logic in that?

Bad.

What is hysterical about people like you is that the safest way to deal with nullifiers is to MINDLESSLY FIRE INTO CROWDS OF ENEMIES WITHOUT ANY SORT OF STRATEGY.