The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash:bladestorm *toggle Drain Mode*

xLordKogax

Hello Waframe Community.

I want to jump right in since I have a lot to say and express on this Warframe that constantly lives in the shadows of Loki, and with all the changes happening lately.
Devstream 60's topic on reworking certain abilities and Ashs Bladestorm being the Topic but not happening makes me curious to know when will this change occur and how will DE go about the future changes.

As we have noticed alot of abilities have recieved the new Toggle Drain function. Some are fine with this some are not, and this function goes with the meta for spam caster play style which DE balanced out with the addition to Toggle Drain and its negative duration energy drain effect.

I think Bladestorm being a Toggled Drain Ultimate will change the way Ash is viewed and played as well as innovate new styles of play, along with keeping him Interactive instead of Press 4 and watch a Terrible 80's Ninja Film.

Bladestorm is a Great ability with Great potential and I seek to compliment his Ultimate along with all his other abilities in this new mode.

I will Review his full Kit and what I think should be implemented to further compliment his play style and abilities

SHURIKEN
*Ash projects 2 shurikens that track Targets within a field of view
*Enemies bleeding by shuriken can be free-teleported to and stunned for Finisher
*Shurikens scale off secondary mods (Concealed Explosives.etc.)
itachi-shuriken-reverse-o.gif

Project-Zed-Q-1-1024x640.jpg

SMOKE SCREEN
*Ash projects a smoke bomb obscuring enemies vision and stuns enemies who enter cloud
*Cloud Chokes enemies and opens them up for Finisher attacks
*Cloud stays up for casters duration and allows allies entry to Smoke Shadow
*Toggle Drain Smoke Screen maybe? (Just a thought)

BatSmoke_6230.jpg
giphy.gif

AC2_S_047_Smoke_Bomb.jpg.jpg?slideshow=t

^^CHOKE CLOUD EXAMPLE^^

TELEPORT
*Targeted Teleport Ash releases a choke cloud on the intended target you teleport to Guaranteeing Finisher Kills
*Enemies Marked under shurikens Bleed DoT can be Teleported too without having direct LoS
*Free aim Teleport similar to Itzals Blink with a shorter range (Optional)

hanzo-disappearswithninjasmokeanima.gif

deadpool_mugen_teleport_frenzy_by_psycho

Nightcrawler_Teleportation.gif

tumblr_mhhi5qbkxJ1s1popdo1_500.gif

smoke-bombs-gif-data.gif

BLADESTORM
Bladestorm is now a Toggle Drain ability and works just the same as Hysteria and Exalted Blade.
This will function similar and allow Ash players a more active function and synergy throughout the full kit while in Bladestorm just like Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

*Casting Bladestorm Ash/Clones appear and are consumed in Void energy transforming them into a Shadow Oni form like hereI5fJYPS.jpg
This was an idea I thought would look cool as Ashs Bladestorm mode since i asked Fulcrvm to design an Ash alt Helm why not make this his Bladestorm mode.

*Bladestorm scales off of Melee mods You have equipped

*Casting Shuriken in Bladestorm Ash/Clones appear and Project 2 shurikens each (6 shurikens total)

bAjoJE.gif <<Bladestorm Reference *Clone Strikes & Shuriken attack*

*Casting Smoke Screen Ash leaves a cloud up for (6secs) Maxed stunning enemies within a Radius
*Casting Teleport in Bladestorm is Free-aimed like Blink and projects a choke cloud where Ash lands
*While Ash isnt attack He is rendered invisible like in Smoke Screen but may take damage

ZfJFkT.gif <<Bladestorm Reference Multi-Strike Linked Combos

tumblr_n3qkods4Ke1qfypgto1_500.gif <<BLADE STORM CONCEPT

*If Ash attacks his Clones appear and he is rendered

Visible projecting Clouds of smoke choking enemies caught inside and *Ash is Rendered Invincible while animation is active like before.
lZii3K0.gif <<Bladestorm Reference Teleport

Ash/Clones can move and strike similar to this Gif projecting a Fast Shadowy Ninja style animation
The attacks could be like Omni/slash dash with clones or alpha strikes, and enemies killed as result of Bladestorm should be dismembered as Hysteria/Exalted Blade

Added this great new video concept was originally posted by K&K this looks alot like what I invision a Toggle Drain Stance Ultimate like Bladestorm with Movement speed and attack speed, giving Ash the lethal and elusive effect he describes

Note: Bladestorm attacks are considered Stealth/Finishers and should count as Stealth Multipliers. Also Bladestorm Kills undetected should not get You Detected since Bladestorm is the Ultimate Stealth Finisher

^^Posted New BS Video Concept^^

BLADESTORM COMBO'S

Tonfa.gif
SHADOW DANCER
E E E E E E (HOLD) E

9 GATES OF HELL
E (HOLD) E E E E (HOLD) E

HIDDEN LOTUS
E E (PAUSE) E E E E

GALE STORM
(SPIN ATTACK)

CRIMSON CLOUDS
(LEAP ATTACK)

VANQUISHED SHADOW

(GROUND FINISHER)

1 minute 30 seconds combo referenced as 9 Gates of Hell

The Combos in Bladestorm can be chained and work similar to Landslide/Slash Dash but with more Freedom and No more Cutscenes, this works better on our eyes and makes Ashs ultimate more active and feels more like You are in control instead of pressing 4 and watching a Terrible Ninja Movie.

I added some balance for Bladestorm soo its not another Hysteria NUKE, Originally we all Know Bladestorms a NUKE except You do nothing leaving the animation in control and allies Dying or Pods being Destroyed.

Lets give Ash the proper rework and make him stand out and become accepted in Coop for this CC I have suggested.

Your feed back is much appreciated and Hopefully You like My thoughts and we can get something nice designed.

Thank You.

Edited by xLordKogax

+1 I really enjoyed this take on Ash's abilities. Especially the new Blade storm. However, Shuriken scaling off secondary mod seems abit out of place as a method of scaling. Why not change i to stealth crits/multipliers?

True, and since Shuriken in Bladestorm projects 6 plus the damage scales off of Melee mods for Bladestorm there may be no need for this.

I figure that Shuriken in Bladestorm would be somewhat OP and people will say it needs a Nerf. The Bladestorm Shurikens can have punchthrough but impale to walls this way they dont Fly endlessly like Exalted Blade waves.

I was inspired these ideas awhile ago from Playing Zed from League of Legends since Him and Ash are a like

So his ultimate is a mode that makes his other abilities more powerful? Is that for a duration or does the form just make all his skills cost more energy?

Think of this as Hysteria/Exalted Blade.

Casting Bladestorm has a Drain just a like, negative duration drains energy quicker and efficiency lowers drain cost.

Casting abilities in Bladestorm would obviously cost energy depending on efficiency determines the cost per ability.

I can already recommend Shuriken will be a great new addition to this Bladestorm. Smoke Screen will also work as a New Crowd Control Mechanic for Ash/Allies. Teleport will pick up where the auto teleport finisher kills Bladestorm originally offered now taken away will provide mobility to travel around and pursue new targets to Kill.

Oooh I forgot to mention, Bladestorm no longer has a Cap of 18 Targets. Seriously tho why only 18 enemies? better off an unlimited amount.

I like this idea a lot. Ash really needs more active abilities.

I like the smoke screen rework the best! It would help him in defense/mobile defense missions a lot. Something like a snow globe for Ash. It would also make him more appealing for co-op. All allies entering smoke area are rendered invisible. This will be balanced by the new enemies that see through invisibility. I can already see Range+Duration alternate builds for Ash

seems dope, it be cool if you teleport around in bladestorm, enemies get confused and try firing at you as you dissapear all over. As they shoot, they enable friendly-fire and thus take down their own allies. NOw those pesky bombards can be finished off by their own troops.

But the friendly fire is only during that time you a finishing an enemy. The y get so confused as to who is the real Ash?

Edited by LAWD

Well done, Koga! I like it!

My only question, as the description wasn't exactly clear on this, but would Ash still gain invisibility outside of the smoke cloud (from Smoke Screen) or would he need to be standing inside it? Also, when you say "projects," do you mean he throws it away from him and onto a target/s or does it still use the same animation that it has currently or would the ability now allow for both situations?

- I don't think a toggled energy drain is necessary, just a slightly longer duration at base. Now w/ the addition/change to the ultimates of Excal/Valkyr/etc., w/ duration affecting energy drain, that would be enough. 

- Another idea, would be, when used in conjunction with the new Blade Storm you've made, the initial cast should have a more powerful/larger radius, stun-blast that knocks enemies back further, seems right.

Also, I think the Smoke Dash w/ the incorporated power strike (guaranteeing finisher damage) that was developed by myself, yourself and Dragon was the most apt change as it allows for a short distance, free to aim, concealed, heavy strike that doesn't hinder Ash's mobility between targets. He would just jump from enemy to enemy wreathed in smoke (I like your addition of the enemies being trapped in a choking cloud before you get there, btw. It allows for a 100% chance of them not getting away and it also adds a visual cue as to which enemy you are targeting) and killing them with, if not a single strike, just a very few (like maybe maximum 3 swings). I wish I could find a gif to illustrate my point., but you're the gif master :D

- A new augment mod (Retching Plumes?) could be conceived to make the Smoke Dash clouds go from single target to incorporating up to a maximum of 3 enemies.

The Blade Storm clones should look just like they do in that gif, smoking mirror images, affected by the energy color chosen.

Everything else. Bravo! You took my Shadow Masters/Ninjitsu concept and made it better and more in-tune with Ash!

I hope this gets DE's attention!

P.S. I still think Ash needs that Evil Oni Mask as an alt helm. It's just so badass!

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

Well done, Koga! I like it!

My only question, as the description wasn't exactly clear on this, but would Ash still gain invisibility outside of the smoke cloud (from Smoke Screen) or would he need to be standing inside it? Also, when you say "projects," do you mean he throws it away from him and onto a target/s or does it still use the same animation that it has currently or would the ability now allow for both situations?

- I don't think a toggled energy drain is necessary, just a slightly longer duration at base. Now w/ the addition/change to the ultimates of Excal/Valkyr/etc., w/ duration affecting energy drain, that would be enough. 

- Another idea, would be, when used in conjunction with the new Blade Storm you've made, the initial cast should have a more powerful/larger radius, stun-blast that knocks enemies back further, seems right.

Also, I think the Smoke Dash w/ the incorporated power strike (guaranteeing finisher damage) that was developed by myself, yourself and Dragon was the most apt change as it allows for a short distance, free to aim, concealed, heavy strike that doesn't hinder Ash's mobility between targets. He would just jump from enemy to enemy wreathed in smoke (I like your addition of the enemies being trapped in a choking cloud before you get there, btw. It allows for a 100% chance of them not getting away and it also adds a visual cue as to which enemy you are targeting) and killing them with, if not a single strike, just a very few (like maybe maximum 3 swings). I wish I could find a gif to illustrate my point., but you're the gif master :D

- A new augment mod (Retching Plumes?) could be conceived to make the Smoke Dash clouds go from single target to incorporating up to a maximum of 3 enemies.

The Blade Storm clones should look just like they do in that gif, smoking mirror images, affected by the energy color chosen.

Everything else. Bravo! You took my Shadow Masters/Ninjitsu concept and made it better and more in-tune with Ash!

I hope this gets DE's attention!

P.S. I still think Ash needs that Evil Oni Mask as an alt helm. It's just so badass!

Yes it keeps you invisible whether in the cloud onot, the AoE for the Cloud is just for Enemy CC and an Ally window for Smoke Shadow.

The Smoke Screen within Bladestorm is just more of a Tool since You are already Invisible when not attacking and procing Trickery is enough invisibility for Ash a utility for Ash would function great, and work well in Team play

Hello Waframe Community.

I want to jump right in since I have a lot to say and express on this Warframe that constantly lives in the shadows of Loki, and with all the changes happening lately.

Devstream 60's topic on reworking certain abilities and Ashs Bladestorm being the Topic but not happening makes me curious to know when will this change occur and how will DE go about the future changes.

As we have noticed alot of abilities have recieved the new Toggle Drain function. Some are fine with this some are not, and this function goes with the meta for spam caster play style which DE balanced out with the addition to Toggle Drain and its negative duration energy drain effect.

I think Bladestorm being a Toggled Drain Ultimate will change the way Ash is viewed and played as well as innovate new styles of play, along with keeping him Interactive instead of Press 4 and watch a Terrible 80's Ninja Film.

Bladestorm is a Great ability with Great potential and I seek to compliment his Ultimate along with all his other abilities in this new mode.

I will Review his full Kit and what I think should be implemented to further compliment his play style and abilities

SHURIKEN

*Ash projects 2 shurikens that track Targets within a field of view

*Enemies bleeding by shuriken can be free-teleported to and stunned for Finisher

*Shurikens scale off secondary mods (Concealed Explosives)

itachi-shuriken-reverse-o.gif

SMOKE SCREEN

*Ash projects a smoke bomb obscuring enemies vision and stuns enemies who enter cloud

*Cloud Chokes enemies and opens them up for Finisher attacks

*Cloud stays up for casters duration and allows allies entry to Smoke Shadow

*Toggle Drain Smoke Screen maybe? (Just a thought)

giphy.gif

TELEPORT

*Targeted Teleport Ash releases a choke cloud on the intended target you teleport to Guaranteeing Finisher Kills

*Enemies Marked under shurikens Bleed DoT can be Teleported too without having direct LoS

*Free aim Teleport similar to Itzals Blink with a shorter range (Optional)

tumblr_mhhi5qbkxJ1s1popdo1_500.gif

BLADESTORM

Bladestorm is now a Toggle Drain ability and works just the same as Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

This will function similar and allow Ash players a more active function and synergy throughout the full kit while in Bladestorm just like Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

*Casting Bladestorm Ash/Clones appear and are consumed in Void energy transforming them into a Shadow Oni form like hereI5fJYPS.jpg

This was an idea I thought would look cool as Ashs Bladestorm mode since i asked Fulcrvm to design an Ash alt Helm why not make this his Bladestorm mode.

*Bladestorm scales off of Melee mods You have equipped

*Casting Shuriken in Bladestorm Ash/Clones appear and Project 2 shurikens each (6 shurikens total)

bAjoJE.gif <<Bladestorm Reference *Clone Strikes & Shuriken attack*

*Casting Smoke Screen Ash leaves a cloud up for (6secs) Maxed stunning enemies within a Radius

*Casting Teleport in Bladestorm is Free-aimed like Blink and projects a choke cloud where Ash lands

*While Ash isnt attack He is rendered invisible like in Smoke Screen but may take damage

ZfJFkT.gif <<Bladestorm Reference Multi-Strike Linked Combos

*If Ash attacks his Clones appear and he is rendered Visible projecting Clouds of smoke choking enemies caught inside and *Ash is Rendered Invincible while animation is active like before.

lZii3K0.gif <<Bladestorm Reference Teleport

Ash/Clones can move and strike similar to this Gif projecting a Fast Shadowy Ninja style animation

The attacks could be like Omni/slash dash with clones or alpha strikes, and enemies killed as result of Bladestorm should be dismembered as Hysteria/Exalted Blade

Note: Bladestorm attacks are considered Stealth/Finishers and should count as Stealth Multipliers. Also Bladestorm Kills undetected should not get You Detected since Bladestorm is the Ultimate Stealth Finisher

BLADESTORM COMBO'S

SHADOW DANCER

E E E E E E (HOLD) E

9 GATES OF HELL

E (HOLD) E E E E (HOLD) E

HIDDEN LOTUS

E E (PAUSE) E E E E

GALE STORM

(SPIN ATTACK)

CRIMSON CLOUDS

(LEAP ATTACK)

VANQUISHED SHADOW

(GROUND FINISHER)

1 minute 30 seconds combo referenced as 9 Gates of Hell

The Combos in Bladestorm can be chained and work similar to Landslide/Slash Dash but with more Freedom and No more Cutscenes, this works better on our eyes and makes Ashs ultimate more active and feels more like You are in control instead of pressing 4 and watching a Terrible Ninja Movie.

I added some balance for Bladestorm soo its not another Hysteria NUKE, Originally we all Know Bladestorms a NUKE except You do nothing leaving the animation in control and allies Dying or Pods being Destroyed.

Lets give Ash the proper rework and make him stand out and become accepted in Coop for this CC I have suggested.

Your feed back is much appreciated and Hopefully You like My thoughts and we can get something nice designed.

Thank You.

tumblr_no0ls0hCa11rnk8peo4_540.gif

*Master Koga how could You forget this Gif ^^^ as a reference to Your Bladestorm's combo animations? xD

I personally Love Yoshimitsu and a Oni demon Yoshimitsu Bladestorm  to Me is a +1 You really know how to capture Ash Koga, guess Your Name says it all xD

MagicalKoga.gif

Master Koga xD

Edited by AKKILLA

These are definitely some nice ideas. My one nitpick is that at what point would Exalted Blade, Hysteria, possible Blade Storm rework be cool and at what point would they be copy/paste ultimates? I do think you've come up with something really cool here, and it does distinguish itself from Exalted Blade and Hysteria, but my point still stands. There comes a point when there are too many similar abilities and they all just feel redundant. A little like that last sentence...

These are definitely some nice ideas. My one nitpick is that at what point would Exalted Blade, Hysteria, possible Blade Storm rework be cool and at what point would they be copy/paste ultimates? I do think you've come up with something really cool here, and it does distinguish itself from Exalted Blade and Hysteria, but my point still stands. There comes a point when there are too many similar abilities and they all just feel redundant. A little like that last sentence...

i definitely dont want every ability becoming like EB or becoming a duration free toggle.

Ash bladestorm is fine as is. I dont see how its any different from Akuma's raging demon, and Street Fighter is a game that prides itself on having precise controls and combos.

Ash is not in the shadow of Loki, They are two very different WFs with very different playstyle philosophies. Ash is offensive, loki is more of a defensive frame. 

i definitely dont want every ability becoming like EB or becoming a duration free toggle.

Ash bladestorm is fine as is. I dont see how its any different from Akuma's raging demon, and Street Fighter is a game that prides itself on having precise controls and combos.

Ash is not in the shadow of Loki, They are two very different WFs with very different playstyle philosophies. Ash is offensive, loki is more of a defensive frame. 

Interesting feedback i wasnt aware of this :P

I Feared this would be the only reason for people to feel negative about My concept was because of the copied Toggle Drain mechanic and tbh theres no better way to go about fixing Bladestorm and giving the player Full control and keeping it Interactive instead of just pressing 4.

Loki isn't defensive, it's pure utility. Now Ash is probably the most balanced warframe in the game: reasonable to high stats (Prime High Stats), Shuriken deals reasonable damage (PvE wise, in Conclave is useless, even with the recent "buff"), Smoke screen is a powerful and versatile ability (stealth,  CC, Group utility [augmented], and reasonable low cost)(In Conclave another pointless ability even augmented), Teleport is probably the only kinda outdated ability, but is very fun to use (In PvE, en Conclave still useless) and Bladestorm is one of the most powerful ultimates in the game and one of the few with potential infinite damage (barely useless in Conclave due to a combination of pointblank range, 100 energy cost, less than stellar damage and only perfoming 2 attacks and you cant attack the same person twice)

What changes I would like to see in Ash?

Shuriken: Nothing in PvE except maybe better tracking, in Conclave tracking and an augment to make it useful, like "Prevents the target from bulletjumping, sprinting or sliding for 3s"

Smoke Screen: Leave it as it is, but modify Smoke Shadow augment to do what OP suggest: a lingering cloud choking enemies and giving allies invisibility.

Teleport: Ash teleport instantly to the target and performs a finisher attack (with the same animations as the current bladestorm) (slash damage in Conclave) essencially becoming both a mobility tool and an offensive move.

Bladestorm: Remove the target part and make Ash select targets around him, adding more targets as they enter the area, with the limit in the number of attacks it would be fine. Increase the number of assaults in Conclave to 3 or 5 since you can't attack the same person multiple times anyway. Also, new and better animations (with the old ones in the Teleport)

Edited by Nazrethim

As great as some love for Ash would be, what would be his weakness?

I mean, if you're going to throw out all of these overpowered idea to change him up, then why play another frame?

Shurikens that would become a ranged landslide, a team invis/cc, free teleporting/instant kills, and an ult that powers up all of your other abilities?

Where's the downside?

Also, hate to be the guy that has to point this out, but I recall you in another thread being stubbornly against the idea of Loki having a toggle on his invis, yet you mention it as an option here because... why?

Edited by John_Brown

I mean, if you're going to throw out all of these overpowered idea to change him up, then why play another frame?

Shurikens that would become a ranged landslide, a team invis/cc, free teleporting/instant kills, and an ult that powers up all of your other abilities?

Where's the downside?

Also, hate to be the guy that has to point this out, but I recall you in another thread being stubbornly against the idea of Loki having a toggle on his invis, yet you mention it as an option here because... why?

Don't worry, you're doing right. Keeping the balance between frames is a very serious and difficult task. If Ash becomes an unstoppable powerhouse, everyone will be forced to use him because every other warframe will be outclassed (Think pre-nerf Mesa in Defense Missions). That's why I tend to suggest QoL changes rather than full revamps :P

Where's the downside?

Did You NOT read My concept full through?

How is it Fully OP? I clearly suggested that While in Bladestorm if You are not attacking You are rendered INVISIBLE

While You attack Your Ash/Clones are revealed and detonate a cloud AoE that stuns enemies and Youre attacks Render Ash INVINCIBLE

Theres a BIG difference there that I think You may have clearly Missed out and I will look back to see if I emphasized it on the topic.

I added this for balance but clearly if You know Ash and play Bladestorm spam builds You know its only satisfactory because You are invincible while Killing everything. 

Other than that Bladestorms animations look bad, have a clearly great concept and potential but could be more, takes away your control and has alot of known bugs and they are due to Cutscene animations and tilesets them selves

Did You NOT read My concept full through?

How is it Fully OP? I clearly suggested that While in Bladestorm if You are not attacking You are rendered INVISIBLE

While You attack Your Ash/Clones are revealed and detonate a cloud AoE that stuns enemies and Youre attacks Render Ash INVINCIBLE

Theres a BIG difference there that I think You may have clearly Missed out and I will look back to see if I emphasized it on the topic.

I added this for balance but clearly if You know Ash and play Bladestorm spam builds You know its only satisfactory because You are invincible while Killing everything. 

Other than that Bladestorms animations look bad, have a clearly great concept and potential but could be more, takes away your control and has alot of known bugs and they are due to Cutscene animations and tilesets them selves

This doesn't answer my question at all.

What is supposed to stop an Ash with this ability set?

Also DE has already stated they're working on Bladestorm so it's less "vomit cam," in case you didn't already hear. 

Also DE has already stated they're working on Bladestorm so it's less "vomit cam," in case you didn't already hear. 

As long as they "fix" Teleport to be more practical and improve the overall perfomance of Ash's abilities in Conclave, I trust DE

What stops Bladestorm currently?

NOTHING

Soo tbh I dont see your point in why this idea is extremely OP. In reality it is indeed not too OP and actually interactive but w.e its just My idea not the actual concept they are going for.

Im pretty sure by now DE has seen alot of My ideas along with other Ash concepts and they must have used inspiration from them all, I just hope they dont ruin Bladestorm as I heard it will be a cast and send out Your clones to Kill, this sounds like a Rumblers style ulti which I dont like for Ash, will he Lose his Invincibility? Will we still benefit from Trickery in this Bladestorm mode? I hope DE keep these in mind when thinking of fixing Ash

Lordkoga or shadowofkoga ideas have always been as wild as they can get and I always found it funny with all this animations. In my opinion its going a bit overboard in that department, I doubt that DE would do all that for one warframe and like I said before ash doesn't need a rework. A revamp would be just fine and bladestorm is a example of this. I'm interested on how DE would come about this change but one thing I agree with Koga would be his whole special weapon. DE like to reference mesa and ash for their unique weapons but has a very limited usage on their actual abilities. I like to see more of this unique weapon (like archer for example).