Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin Idea

_Absolom_

So uhm...coming from a player who has barely used Rhino outside of mastery fodder...I read a lot of rage and hate on the forums. Back in the day IS would give full invincibility for a couple seconds. People said it was OP, so it got nerfed. Then buffed back. Then nerfed again. To its current state where it's not really useful from what I hear.

SO.

Here's my idea. Might have been suggested already: Give IS a damage reduction depending on power strength, while making it drain energy continuously like Exalted Blade, Hysteria or Hydroid's poodle. 

May sound stupid. But if it was given a balanced drain/sec for the extra protection, I think people could live with it.

O wise community, what dost thou say? 

DE tried making it a damage reduction ability, that was the first nerf, and the playerbase raged endlessly about it. What we have now it the compromise in the middle... it provides full immunity, but only up to a certain amount of damage instead of the duration it had originally.

Nobody's been happy with it since, but we've not touched on it in almost two years.

How about that it can be charged with energy, hold it for as long as you like when starting cast, then let the ferrite armor stay as is.

This, is the best idea I have heard so far...ever. Not only can this be implemented effectively, it would make rhino viable. 

But....you could become invincible with 100x energy restores and/or a spamming ev trin next to you depending on the mechanics.

I mostly use it for knockdown immunity when speed running Nightmare Alerts or Derelict Vault runs so...  as long as it retains knockdown immunity I guess I'd be happy.  I do quite like being able to cast and forget though rather than having to worry about running out of energy to a toggled power.