Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Lotus? [Theory]

JDWhaler

Ok, I'm following the Lotus's orders again.

2358045.jpg

I have a theory about who or what the Lotus is in the Warframe universe, so no i'm not talking about Rebecca. Geez.

Who is the Lotus?

For newbies here, the Lotus is your guide to Warframe: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lotus (The site contains spoilers so beware!)

Physical Appearance Clues

%D0%9B%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%83%D1%81.png

The Lotus appears to be a female humanoid wearing mainly blue clothing and a giant mask on her head hiding her eyes. She cares deeply for the Tenno, but has some history. From her appearance when she is in the game, a blue "cosmic" background hints she may be some form of Computer. Even though this background appears for everything that speaks, we also know other info:

Voice Clues

The Lotus speaks in a very formal tone, and sounds very robotic. It almost seems similar to Ordis when he speaks, hinting she may not be an existent being visible in the world.

Final Theory

With the previous clues, I have come to say that I believe the Lotus is similar to a hologram; Buffered robotic voice, cosmic background, invisible in the world, formal and almost "Non - emotional" tone and her appearance. Ordis being a Cephalon has no visible appearance, which is why when he speaks a "speaker" kind of thing shows up and moves according to his speech. The Lotus has an appearance when talking, inclining she is a Hologram.

This greatly reminds me of Cortana from Halo:

Cortana_H4.png

I hope you enjoyed my theory. What do you guys think?

There's also the case that things are not canon until they are officially in the game, especially since DE can and do change their minds all the time.

DE: Ok guys, I know you've spent weeks on those awesome Lotus models, but we've changed our minds, it'll break the lore."

Ignoring the spoiler-riffic posts here for those that haven't played Natah - come on guys, really? - the question of what is Lotus' body is an interesting one. It's a touch long-winded, but I'll just leave a link to my thoughts here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/532031-a-thought-on-lotus-human-form-in-short-grand-theft-me/

Again: beware spoilers.