Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Noticed A Huge Performance Improvement Over My 2 Years Of Playing Warframe.

Dailenth

We already know that Warframe delivers AAA Gaming experience to the public for free of charge, and besides that I'm actually Impressed that the game runs fair enough on a low end Graphics card like I do.

I own a Gainward GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5 (928 MHz Core) (1350 MHz Memory) and I run the game @ 1920x1080 MSAA, All settings high except Shadows which are set on medium, nvidia PhysX OFF and I disabled depth of field and runtime tessellation because I though they hog out the most from the GPU. I get a decent 45-50 FPS ingame and sometimes solid 60 FPS When I play alone and I don't have much mobs surrounding me.

Back When I started playing the open beta the game was running like tat, I had to Disable the DirectX to get it right, plus lower the settings even further than the "medium" setting and I had the same graphics card I owned before.

Sadly there isn't any Draw Distance setting or Fog, if you don't know what it is its essentially how far the game engine will render the geometry and textures. Far from that all I'm quite happy with this performance tweak, I expect even better in the future so people don't have to purchase expensive hardware to enjoy their favorite game :)

Draw Distance is irrelevant in Warframe because it automatically LOD's everything appropriately anyways.

if you could see what Tiles you're nowhere near look like, you'd probably say an N64 has better visuals than that.

you didn't mention a Processor though, which for Warframe is the most critical aspect for performance.

but yes, performance improvements are important for Digital Extremes. it's good for them in the long run anyways, as it means the Evolution Engine is just that much better/flexible if/when it's used for other projects.

Over 2 years of gametime, I've noticed that Warframe runs noticeably better at higher settings than lower.

I've also noticed that Glare just kills my performance outright.

Warframe is decently optimized, but at the same time, quite a lot of stuff is baked into the map so there isn't too much to process, it's not a bad thing, but there are places where shadows are in... weird places.