Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4: What Do You Think So Far?

izzatuw

Really? Because Samurai Warrior is entirely in First person and has one of the best swordplay mechanics I have ever seen in a FPS game. 

You can at the very least dodge attacks. 

Hell, it doesn't even need to be that great a leap of a dodge, just a small little leap to dodge an attack, and then use a long charge animation in First person to do an attack from afar. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29258/?

And yes, it does work in First person. 

And yes, it greatly improved Skyrim.

Yes, it does need changes. It's a bland, stiff combat system carried over from a game in 2006. 

Yes there is. There's the combat, and the lackluster story. 

The only aspects that they have improved is everything but the combat in the Fallout games. F3 had great worldbuilding and a great setting. New Vegas had a great story and awesome characters. 

But both of them have old, basic and incredibly boring gunplay that should no longer be in the games. 

First off, I was talking about dragons dogma combat not working in first person.

Secondly, Oblivion combat isn't exactly the same as Skyrim, although it is similar.

Thirdly, I don't believe dodge rolls are an important thing in any RPG. Can you do a dodge roll? it may seem fancy and all, but you'll find in actual armoured combat, most people don't roll out the way.

Fourth, you deem it lackluster, it was praised by many people. It's not my thing either, it's personal preference.

Fifth, The gunplay in fallout may be a little out of date, but realise, that new vegas wasn't a full sequel to 3. Same as with H3 and ODST. It's the same engine, therefore the same gameplay with minor tweaks. Fallout 4 is the true sequel to fallout 3, and already they have shown vast gameplay improvements.

Supposedly they got help from Id software, the peeps that worked on Wolfenstein and currently Doom for help on gun play and Wolfenstein was all about combat.

A lot of people worked on those games. It doesn't mean much.

I don't have high expectations for the combat.

Thirdly, I don't believe dodge rolls are an important thing in any RPG. Can you do a dodge roll? it may seem fancy and all, but you'll find in actual armoured combat, most people don't roll out the way.

Not dodge roll, just a simple dodge. 

Look at the mod videos, they don't roll. They just do a short little strafe.

Hell, I don't even like dodge rolls. Bloodborne has strafes and I think those are infinitely better than the Souls rolling. 

Secondly, Oblivion combat isn't exactly the same as Skyrim, although it is similar.

It's almost exactly the same. The difference that I can find is just dual wielding. 

Fifth, The gunplay in fallout may be a little out of date, but realise, that new vegas wasn't a full sequel to 3. Same as with H3 and ODST. It's the same engine, therefore the same gameplay with minor tweaks. Fallout 4 is the true sequel to fallout 3, and already they have shown vast gameplay improvements.

I know it's not technically a true sequel.

But again, the gunplay is extremely out of date. It's not a little. 

Gunplay isn't something you see and say "Oh yeah, that's much better". You have to feel it.

I love how as soon as Scrublord gets in here, the salts of hell are unleashed.

Whenever me and Pharen get into an argument, the salts of hell's hell is unleashed.

Edited by TheErebus.

Ehhhh, ODST wasn't really even a sequel at all, it was more of a prequel, technically. Even at that, it was more of a "here's a thing to occupy you while we make another game."

Not dodge roll, just a simple dodge. 

Look at the mod videos, they don't roll. They just do a short little strafe.

Hell, I don't even like dodge rolls. Bloodborne has strafes and I think those are infinitely better than the Souls rolling. 

It's almost exactly the same. The difference that I can find is just dual wielding. 

I know it's not technically a true sequel.

But again, the gunplay is extremely out of date. It's not a little. 

Gunplay isn't something you see and say "Oh yeah, that's much better". You have to feel it.

Whenever me and Pharen get into an argument, the salts of hell's hell is unleashed.

Well, dodges became popular after Skyrim released, and I have to agree, I hate dodge rolls.

There are small differences in the combat of the two games.

Good, is a personal opinion, just because me or you don't think it's good doesn't make us the majority.

And I think we should wait and see how the gameplay is on the new engine before we judge it, and when we do, we should judge it as it's own IP, not comparing it to others we enjoy.

He's right, with our powers combined, the salt is real.

Ehhhh, ODST wasn't really even a sequel at all, it was more of a prequel, technically. Even at that, it was more of a "here's a thing to occupy you while we make another game."

You've completely misunderstood that statement. I was saying that FNV wasn't a sequel to F3. I said that like ODST it was another game running on the same engine, therefore there won't be alot of major changes in gameplay.

I'd say different types of threat evasion should be incorporated depending on the type of threat itself.

In one on one combat, with short ranged attacks, simple strafes or standing dodges make sense.

Combat involving large aoe threats should incorporate dodge rolls to avoid not a single threat point, but an area. 

Dodge rolls could work in Fallout 4 more as mobility towards cover quickly to avoid exposure and minimize your hit box.

I'm waiting for the day one troubleshoot challenge.

The IT guy in me is rather curious just how many workarounds and fixes I need to apply to get the darn tooting thingy working.

It's practically part of the experience.

But I already drink the Bethesda kool aid pretty darn deep so I'm nowhere near an honest criticism kinda guy.

I've not been disappointed yet even though the games have been less than stellar at times.

Edited by Ziegrif