Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games From The Ps2 Era

TheErebus.

So I was recently playing Armored Core: Last Raven ( A mecha game from the PS2 era ) and boy oh boy was the nostalgia broken apart by the game.

The controls are clunky, that radiator mechanic IS FRUSTRATING BEYOND ALL REASON and the AC vs. AC battles:

1396319591548.png

So what games have had nostalgic memories for, only for them to be crushed when you realized how bad they are now?

Keep in the mind that this was a game I had beaten. 

HOW DID CHILD ME FINISH THIS GAME WHEN OLDER ME CAN'T GET PAST THE FIRST AC BATTLE

tl61RJ0.jpg

This thread pretty much proves nostalgia clouds tons of people.

Oh oh oh, nostalgia isn't always wrong...

Donkey Kong Country was & still is wonderful for me! Same for Super Mario World, the old Star Wars & Terminator 2...

tl61RJ0.jpg

Oh oh oh, nostalgia isn't always wrong...

Donkey Kong Country was & still is wonderful for me! Same for Super Mario World, the old Star Wars & Terminator 2...

I still like Megaman Battlenetwork, played it again recenty, only sad thing about it is that it ended.

Q-Q

But to be honest Nostalgia gets on to many people's heads.

I personally thought Amazing Spiderman movie fit in this decade more than the old one. He's not nerdy like heck but I could get it, not many school kids could really relate to nerds in the old Spiderman movies.

And Spiderman 3 had a horrible relationship plot...

I still like Megaman Battlenetwork, played it again recenty, only sad thing about it is that it ended.

Q-Q

But to be honest Nostalgia gets on to many people's heads.

I personally thought Amazing Spiderman movie fit in this decade more than the old one. He's not nerdy like heck but I could get it, not many school kids could really relate to nerds in the old Spiderman movies.

And Spiderman 3 had a horrible relationship plot...

Spiderman 3 relationship plot you say? I...I can't remember it!

And if I don't remember something about a film I saw "recently", that means that it was forgettable thus bad...

I agree that the new guy is on par (if not better) as Peter Parker as Tobey Maguire. :) (I don't really have this common hatred against him or the new costume, but I can understand why : making a reboot this close to the original makes everyone think that Hollywood is milking us)

Spiderman 3 relationship plot you say? I...I can't remember it!

And if I don't remember something about a film I saw "recently", that means that it was forgettable thus bad...

I agree that the new guy is on par (if not better) as Peter Parker as Tobey Maguire. :) (I don't really have this common hatred against him or the new costume, but I can understand why : making a reboot this close to the original makes everyone think that Hollywood is milking us)

Agreed.

I've noticed that Marvel tries to add more science fiction technology than they used to. Like Amazing Spiderman inventing his spider webs while the old one naturally got them.

Try Armored Core Last Raven on PSP port. The control is EVEN MORE clunkier with limited button. You will be cannon-fodder when enemies is ALWAYS flying while torture you slowly. Oh, don't forget that AI have Human-Plus or OP-Intensifies that can fire cannon while flying or walking. So yeah they are cheap and most unfair game I ever played. I do wonder do the developers or publishers actually TEST this game!!!????

Anyway, I tried Starcraft BroodWar today. And I now become suck at this game. I forget how to do build properly.

Edited by Zeroro

I'll take your word for it. ACV was my only experience with the series.

AC:VD was by far the best in the series ( in my opinion ). 

Shame that the MP for it is pretty much empty, because it's honestly one of the most fun I have had in a long time with an organized team.