Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Get An Option For Hit Noises

AdunSaveMe

One thing I've noticed about games with punchy combat (Destiny and Killing Floor 2 being the most recent examples I have) is the audio feedback given to you when you shoot things. Part of this lies in a hit noise; a little sound that just plays when a bullet hits something.

Currently, there aren't any, none that you can hear anyway. It's a small impact noise at a standard volume at all distances, sometimes changing depending on rounds used.

Before you say something ridiculous like "this isn't CoD" or whatever you kids say these days, consider that the road to satisfying combat lies partially in the Audio Plains. Also, stop saying that. You look ridiculous.

So basically, hit sounds when bullets impact with enemies. It's more important than it sounds. Heh.

It isn't just for satisfying combat; it's also valuable aural feedback, better than trying to see numbers pop up.

Also, it could work very well if a sound played on us when taking hits. I think there is one, but it's not very noticeable at all. It needs to be audible in a gunfight, otherwise it defeats the purpose of having the sound.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Honestly I think that would be too much sound in one mission for me, since there's already the music, noises from enemies, your sound from your ability, sound from gun fire, etc. So I don't think it's necessary for us to add in a minor thing like impact noises from the gun.

Edited by xXGodofPlayXx

Honestly I think that would be too much sound in one mission for me, since there's already the music, noises from enemies, your sound from your ability, sound from gun fire, etc. So I don't think it's necessary for us to add in a minor thing like impact noises from the gun.

That's why it would be an option. 

It's subtle. You're acting like it'd be loud and intrusive. It's not loud or intrusive in any other game.

Watch the video, it's a good example. Though it would have to be tweaked for Warframe's hordes.

Also;

That's why it would be an option. 

Edited by AdunSaveMe

i definitely love Audio feedback that's as informative as the Visual feedback.

Bad Company 2's f...in' Tink was the best.

so awesome to hear.

that kind of stuff makes a big difference. a much bigger one than it seems like.

for Warframe, completely Localized sounds may or may not be ideal. it makes sense in things like Battlefield where world building is one of the primary columns of the game.

for Warframe though, Localized sounds... idunno. i'd say yes personally, because world build is a beautiful thing.

Auitory feedback and appropriate Audio sounds make a big difference in games.

Visual feedback and appropriate Visuals make a big difference in games.

these build on top of your core of Functionality!

First they have to fix the headshot sound audio, they finally fixed it so clients can hear headshot kill sounds (they never could) and then a week later they lower the volume so its almost nonexistent, can only be heard if you are using silence with banshee. 

what puzzles me is De decided to remove the metal clanging sound when melee weapons hit grineer armor, which makes no sense at all. The fleshy sound when enemies get cut up sounds great but its stupid as a headshot sound, grineer and corpus have skulls not gravy so it should have a crunch sound. 

i would like this idea of bullets having some sort of sound when hitting enemies, depending on what they hit, but i am pretty sure this would cause fps drops, especially if someone ran around with mirage. 

Edited by Darthmufin

i would like this idea of bullets having some sort of sound when hitting enemies, depending on what they hit, but i am pretty sure this would cause fps drops, especially if someone ran around with mirage. 

I've never played a game where hit sounds caused lag. But that's why there'd be an option.