Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need More Or Less Of D Polarities?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Your example ignores the many, many players who don't have mods like Hornet Strike maxed.

My examples look identical with Rank 7-9 Hornet Strike, though you are allowed to exchange 60% elemental mods with their 90% counterparts. With Rank 6 Hornet Strike or lower, you can add one additional 60% elemental mod. Which, guess what? Fits in all of the above example builds with no problem because there is at least one empty mod slot. This means that the D polarity slot is still not hindering you in any way.

When I first started Warframe, I generally ranked the ten-rank mods to Rank 6 or 7 and left them there until I finally had the resources to max them out. For the purposes of this argument, I'll give you the extra mod capacity from using a Rank 6 Hornet Strike, which will let you fit one more mod onto the no Forma build.

You end up with this instead at Rank 30 with a Potato and no Forma (0/60 remaining mod capacity):

- Empty D polarity (0)

- Rank 6 Hornet Strike (10)

- Barrel Diffusion (11)

- Lethal Torrent (11)

- Jolt (7)

- Pistol Pestilence (7)

- Scorch (7)

- Frostbite (7)

Even using the cheapest possible elemental mods (i.e. trying to fill up as many mod slots as possible), it is still impossible to make use of the last mod slot.

@Inarticulate Having no polarity is actually better than having  D polarity. You can make all kinds of builds and for that you need a certain amount of polarized and non polarized slots. 

Having a D polarity disadvantages because most people use forma to change or get rid of the slot. The inability to relocate pre installed polarties doesn't help either. So yeah I'd rather have a weapon that has no innate polarities at all rather than one that has a D polarity.

Perhaps maybe you can give me a concrete example as a counterargument. I've already shown that a weapon with zero Forma and an innate D polarity is better than an identical weapon with zero Forma and no polarized slots. I've also shown that with an equal number of Forma, a weapon that came with an innate D polarity is always either better than or equal to an identical weapon that came with no polarized slots. If you have an example that refutes my argument, please feel free to correct me.

And once again. I agree that I'd rather see weapons start with an innate V or dash polarity, but an innate D polarity is still better than a weapon starting with no polarized slots at all.

@inarticulate your samples really don't show how a preinstalled D polarity is usefull. As far as I know cold mods are the only D mods that are usefull. Most mods being V or - gives them lots of possibilities to combine. D polarities give very limited options. Installed D polarities can be usefull because you can just move them around. Preinstalled D mods especially in the first slot limits your effective combinations to the point where you might be forced to remove it with forma.

So unless we are given more mods in the future with usefull D mods I currently consider preinstalled D polarities as an annoyance.

@inarticulate your samples really don't show how a preinstalled D polarity is usefull. As far as I know cold mods are the only D mods that are usefull. Most mods being V or - gives them lots of possibilities to combine. D polarities give very limited options. Installed D polarities can be usefull because you can just move them around. Preinstalled D mods especially in the first slot limits your effective combinations to the point where you might be forced to remove it with forma.

So unless we are given more mods in the future with usefull D mods I currently consider preinstalled D polarities as an annoyance.

You seem to be stuck on the notion that having an innate polarized slot means that you are forced to use it. You aren't.

No, you aren't going to be using the D-polarity slot in every build, but at the same time, it isn't preventing you from using any build that would otherwise have been available to a weapon with no polarized mod slots.

If you can show me that there is a relevant build that

1. Is possible on a weapon with no Forma and no innate polarized mod slots, and

2. Is impossible on a weapon with no Forma and an innate D-polarity in the first slot,

then I will concede the argument.

By "relevant", I mean using mods that people actually use, mods at a reasonable rank, and without omitting mods that every build uses (e.g. Hornet Strike). Feel free to use a rifle or shotgun (or any other primary or secondary) if that gives you an advantage to argue with.

You seem to be stuck on the notion that having an innate polarized slot means that you are forced to use it. You aren't.

No, you aren't going to be using the D-polarity slot in every build, but at the same time, it isn't preventing you from using any build that would otherwise have been available to a weapon with no polarized mod slots.

If you can show me that there is a relevant build that

1. Is possible on a weapon with no Forma and no innate polarized mod slots, and

2. Is impossible on a weapon with no Forma and an innate D-polarity in the first slot,

then I will concede the argument.

By "relevant", I mean using mods that people actually use, mods at a reasonable rank, and without omitting mods that every build uses (e.g. Hornet Strike). Feel free to use a rifle or shotgun (or any other primary or secondary) if that gives you an advantage to argue with.

Thats not my point. I don't need to show any build. Because if a weapon that I intend to work on to its full potentional has a D polarity the fact will be that I'll add forma to change that D slot to a V or - Polarity.

I get that you'll be ending up adding forma whether the modslot was empty or has a D. I and I imagine most people do not want a D polarity. So whats the point of adding one if you know people will be getting rid of it. DE either needs to give us usefull polarities for weapons or give us useful D mods. What I'm saying is either give us usefull polarities or don't give anything at all. Having a polarity that ends up being changed or removed in the end is just a waste.

Because right now it feels as if DE is trolling us with newly released weapons that so often end up having an innate D polarity. 

Thats not my point. I don't need to show any build. Because if a weapon that I intend to work on to its full potentional has a D polarity the fact will be that I'll add forma to change that D slot to a V or - Polarity.

I get that you'll be ending up adding forma whether the modslot was empty or has a D. I and I imagine most people do not want a D polarity. So whats the point of adding one if you know people will be getting rid of it. DE either needs to give us usefull polarities for weapons or give us useful D mods. What I'm saying is either give us usefull polarities or don't give anything at all. Having a polarity that ends up being changed or removed in the end is just a waste.

Because right now it feels as if DE is trolling us with newly released weapons that so often end up having an innate D polarity. 

Some people like to actually use a weapon when leveling it up instead of just mindlessly spamming Draco. That D polarity means that Deep Freeze, which is 90% elemental damage is cheaper than Frostbite, which is only 60% elemental damage (status chance is significantly less useful against lower-level enemies). Any boost I can get I will be grateful for. Hell, my 4-Forma Sonicor still has the D-polarity mod slot that it originally came with because I am still using it and it is saving me a Forma.

Just because it doesn't benefit you doesn't mean it is entirely useless. And once again, it isn't hurting you at all.

Also, I have a feeling DE is just being spiteful.