Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Rework, Nerf Or Fix... Or Both, Thoughts?

vashyoung

Maybe I was not clear enough, which is indeed flawed. When saying synergy=buff, i'm not only speaking "power level" im speaking flow and fun and well.. you know gameplay stuff. for me complexity is better. Well executed not limbo tho.

Oh you mean mechanically speaking, in the fact that using several abilities in a way or another affects how they work? Usually I would say yes, but in this case I'm not fully confident it will be beneficial to Saryn, because of how the game's core functions. That's what worries me. The idea itself is great, but using effects that take time to fully show their potential in Warframe, where TTK is the only thing that matters because enemy scaling is not only unrestricted but completely bonkers, seems nonsensical. Unless the devs finally do something about scalings in Warframe. One can dream...

What sounds like forced synergy between the same tired old abilities isn't something that exactly wows me.

I was hoping for something that'd make her new and fresh, removal of and replacement of a skill or two, something to keep the core theme of the frame while changing her for the better and giving her a new form of utility.

I'll wait and see how it goes, can't say for certain until she's released that it's good or bad - though I can say that it doesn't strike me as anything more than a bust out to clear a random mission on the starchart once in a blue moon kind of thing.

Much like she already is.

Contagion just needs way more duration, but all of Saryn's other abilities were already good. I go end game with her already so I honestly couldn't picture any major change. This is still a nice improvement from what I can tell. Casting venom on my Molt is something I always wanted, and Contagion insta popping the Venom pustules for the Viral spread is great.

They just need to tweak Contagion's duration before release.

Edited by UrielColtan

A change. Not a nerf, a fix or anything like that. It's simply a change to appease those who wanted her to have more "synergy". Instead of pressing 4, you'll have to press a combination of 1, 2, 3 and 4 with some attacks thrown in. She might get stronger because of this, or weaker because of the time and energy cost - we don't know yet. All we know right now is that all of these combos are just timewasters to make people thing Saryn's abilities have synergy - which they didn't need in the first place.

Imagine in Rhino's Stomp only affected enemies in the AoE who had previously been hit by Charge while under the effects of Iron Skin? That's exactly the same deal as we have here.

I never used Saryn as a "push 4 to win" frame. I loved using Venom and Molt appropriately as they were already very powerful abilities. With this change, Contagion will have a "use" (just an extra energy cost tacked on to Venom and Miasma) and will become usable (forced duration builds, why do we have corrupted mods again?) and Miasma will take a lot more time and energy to cast because of all the added pre-requisites needed for it to reach its full potential.

Why are people saying you HAVE to use 1,2,3 and 4 at once to be useful? I didn't get that impression. Its not like they said you'll do less damage.

People are worried that miasma won't do enough damage to be useful unless you run through the full combo. Obviously we don't actually know, but the way literally all her abilities are designed to feed into miasma in some way does look worryingly like she's being turned into a one trick pony.

Edit: I'm quite interested to see how the bonus damage from molt works out. Do you lose it all if you recast molt or does all damage taken go into a single pool? How long does it last if you don't have a molt out?

Edited by DameDameNingen

I wouldn't call it a nerf, but it was quite underwhelming if I'm to be frank. I was hoping they'd ditch Contagion all together and replace it with something fresh and new, but they merely gave it more synergy with her other powers. Not a bad thing in and of itself, however Contagion as a power has always felt very lacking and dull. Back in the day, it was a decent fit, but I think Saryn needed something that would make her kit more interesting and dynamic. It just feels outdated as a power. Either way, I suppose we'll know for sure once she's released.

I think I speak for most Saryn fans when I say I'm disappointed that they are only mildly changing how her abilities work. I was really hoping for a complete rework. Her contagion ability is completely outdated and needs to be replaced with something more useful. I'm not going to blow a casket because I have not played with the updated Saryn and will not do so for some time (Console updates being slower of course). Saryn, right now is my favorite frame and I will certainly be writing a unflattering review if her new abilities are as lackluster as the the last 3 Star Wars movie's were. 

Those of us who use the 1 2 powers are generally excited over the tweaks. Too bad they are just becoming setups for miasma.

y brain when u can sp4m?

Aaaaaaaaaaand contagion still sucks?

Hopefully, the final product will be better than the speculation.

Edited by AutoPhox