The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime

i_Lex

Recently they added the boar back into the game. So i decided (because almost no one wants to buy boar prime) to make the boar prime. So I always go on a test run on earth to see what dmg it does to low lvl and I was horrified to see what happend.

5e7592.jpg

This one is on Ceres but still 

2jcd39.jpg

This is what it should be:

2a8q32v.png

I mean is this ok for you guys? I had more expectation for this gun . It's not even fair comparing this to other shotguns because they out damage this shotgun by FAR.

(and dont post anything about the boltor prime and other weapons as comparison in this post ) 

TY

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

There's this thing with shotguns called Damage Falloff, not sure if you've heard about it.

I know but it has still 8 dmg from less then a meter distance

where as the tigris has no problem with dmg fall off or even spread

Maybe try it against Corpus instead since it's mostly impact damage?

I posted this thread purely because as I said it's not fair compairing this to other shotguns 

btw i almost never play corpus maps , mostly void and grineer.

well, for me, I always used the boar p in close range, I see in the pic that you are shooting the enemies from afar 

anyway, before it's nerf? I really liked the boar p, I haven't played it in a long time since I was busy with AW but it was really fun hammering down on enemies in close range with a fully auto shotgun 

I loved seeing those status effects of it, and even with 30% status, it's still pretty powerful, plus you have the 15% crit chance, which is one of the highest of all shotguns 

what I mean is, it's not the weapon, players just prefer a single weapon for everyday use *cough* boltor p *cough* and that is what ruined the weapon system in this game, boar p and shotguns in general are awesome and fun to play around with 

and I agree...tighter spread is kinda needed, though I always use the IN-YOUR-FACE! style with shotguns 

I posted this thread purely because as I said it's not fair compairing this to other shotguns 

btw i almost never play corpus maps , mostly void and grineer.

Its impact damage vs grineer. Youve already lost. 

The Boar Prime's strength lies in its fire rate. Crank it up and fight corpus, or put corrosive or viral on it. Its totally fair to compare it to other shotguns. 

Boar Prime is not used for Damage alone its for Status. Normaly for Corrosive + Fire - with 100% chance you pelt the Armor and set them on Fire for good.

But with the Shotgun buff the Boar P got a hefty nerf so you need all 4 dualmods for 100% status so you have to stick with Viral/ Radiation or Corrosive/ Blast - not that optimal

Yeah Magnetic/ Gas - whatever just ignore Magnetic, it is trash and outside from the Truth proc Gas is not even on trash level.

Its impact damage vs grineer. Youve already lost. 

The Boar Prime's strength lies in its fire rate. Crank it up and fight corpus, or put corrosive or viral on it. Its totally fair to compare it to other shotguns. 

I know its fixable with mods , but could they atleast make a tighter spread ?

This was also on Ceres vs Grineer (not the best target for the BP as others mentioned).

It is one shot using Vicious Spread so the range is not optimal, as you can see at least 4 bullets missed the target (left). Again, only one shot from a high fire rate weapon (at least for shotguns)

np1iet.jpg

The build is not even maxed.

1jt403.jpg

The Boar Prime is a really strong shotgun viable on high level content. The problem comparing shotguns is the syndicate mod that made the Hek a monster (the multishot rework could address some of that).

marelok already hits harder, has no falloff, and has high af status chance. 

poor prime.

You're comparing a single bullet firing, semi-auto, secondary to a spreading, full-auto, shotgun.

...how about no

Anyway, you need to look at fire rate as well; just comparing damage doesn't always suffice.

They have mods to reduce spread, and you need to mod for status chance. Even an unmodded soma prime and boltor prime seems kinda meh.

but still is better then boar (with the exception that soma has a high crit chance so it seems obvious that its better when modded) 

btw look at this

lvl 55 ancient killing it with a boar prime with primed point blank and hell's chamber

fk5j6x.gif

btw it was already at half health for some magical reason

Can you just mod the darn thing with elementals already.

I dunno why you're comparing damage when most of us are already yelling about its status chance.

Im just saying I dont think this is what the weapon deservers to be. And even in a devs stream they said they were going to change it to the weapon is was suppose to be . But so far I'm not noticing any change what so ever and it even became worse after the shot gun buff , And dont say it's fair comparing this to other shotguns because its not.

Im just saying I dont think this is what the weapon deservers to be. And even in a devs stream they said they were going to change it to the weapon is was suppose to be . But so far I'm not noticing any change what so ever and it even became worse after the shot gun buff , And dont say it's fair comparing this to other shotguns because its not.

Mod it for status; You would'nd mod the Soma for status, its obviously a Crit weapon, so why would you mod the Boar Prime for raw damage? Its obviously a status weapon.

Here is a Boar Prime vs a lvl 95 Eximus( not my video):

something tells me you're doing it terribly wrong

There might be a reason why nobody buys the boar prime. ^_^

For what it is worth it is a pure point blank shotgun, basically the only one that was good at this pre U17. It never was the soma/boltor prime of shotguns but a fairly specific weapon for high levels. You just had to use a frame that buffs base damage, mod it for corrosive/fire and it did melt L100+ bombards and heavy gunners at the price of like 1 ammo restore per minute. Since U17 and the new syndicate shotguns it is basically only worth bothering with if you want to play a lot longer then 1h solo survival without any CP at all(and for some reason really hate the prisma grakata since it does the same thing better atm), have way to many ammo restores, don't do your high level stuff with Ember(one of 3 frames where it was really good) and can life with blast, that reduces your dps against groups of targets to next to nothing because you can't shoot them all at once if halve of them get knocked down.

In the end since U17 is not really a good high level shotgun and other shotguns are just plain better for everything else.

Edited by Djego27

Mod it for status; You would'nd mod the Soma for status, its obviously a Crit weapon, so why would you mod the Boar Prime for raw damage? Its obviously a status weapon.

Here is a Boar Prime vs a lvl 95 Eximus( not my video):

something tells me you're doing it terribly wrong

ok just to say as a player playing high levels as such shown in the video , do you really think i have the time to stand there with a loki killing the heavy gunners one by one with a boar prime ?  It just takes far to long and other shotguns out-damage the boar / boar prime by far and that isnt fair

ok just to say as a player playing high levels as such shown in the video , do you really think i have the time to stand there with a loki killing the heavy gunners one by one with a boar prime ?  It just takes far to long and other shotguns out-damage the boar / boar prime by far and that isnt fair

I have my fair doubts that any of the people that made the vidoes actually used the boar prime at high levels at least for solo, else they would not use such bad builds like high fire rate burst dps(since you had to keybind ammo restores for the weapon in a normal build already) or tainted shell builds(since you want spread for CC reasons). That said, it is correct that you need a strong close range CC frame like Ember\Frost or something that is really durable like Chroma to make it work at high levels.

You will not see anything good with it before you put 4-5 forma on it(quite similar to a prisma grakata) and even then it is currently rather questionable to use, you are also right that the other shotguns are much better, simply because if you use them on the same frames that where effective for the boar prime before U17, they do the same thing much better by just base dps up to L100+ in the void and save you a ton of ammo restores on top of that.

Edited by Djego27