Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Maladi, The Infected Frame (Now With Art....updated-10/26/2015: Updated Image)

Beldair

If you want people to know you updated the concept, you should add info into the title.

For ex; "abilities updated" "art added" or just plain "updated -/-/2015"

Otherwise nobody knows but the ones that follow this.

Edit: is the pic too big? Do you want me to re-size it?

Edited by evergreenmind

If you want people to know you updated the concept, you should add info into the title.

For ex; "abilities updated" "art added" or just plain "updated -/-/2015"

Otherwise nobody knows but the ones that follow this.

Edit: is the pic too big? Do you want me to re-size it?

That would help very much please...and thank you.

It doesn't really seem to be unique. Three summons of existing enemies and one ability that enemies have anyway. My advice would be to either make the summons unique or ditch the summoning altogether. Make the abilities based on (but not exactly the same as) infested abilities and themes.

Edited by (XB1)TheLegend 64312

Agreed, evergreenmind's artwork really brings Racun to life.

Also agreed on abilities being a little generic, but the good thing is, you can upgrade from there. I like his alternate 2 and 3 to his standard ones, btw. Can he spit the homing missile at up to more than one target? 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ?

Was also wondering if you were open to him gaining the hide of a juggernaut for more armor and less speed, but that seems like a common ultimate (in concepts).

I see you enlisted the wonderful talents of egm to do the art. Stunning piece and very infested looking.

I agree with some comments that he feels a bit unevolved and too reliant on summons. Better to let him do these actions himself imo.

You have something good here, just keep working on it.

The name is literally just a misspelled version of raccoon. I would change it.

And no offense, but these abilities are pretty poorly designed (IMO). The first ability is just damage, and not even damage that you can control very well (plus the concept of summoning infested just doesn't seem right to me). People complain about fireball being poorly designed- well this ability is just a worse version of fireball that you can't control.

The second ability is... Its okay. Its an AOE debuff and slow... Which sounds like a worse version of molecular prime. It's not that the similarity to Mprime is a huge issue, but the ability itself just isn't very creative, interactive or unique. The lack of all three of those things is a problem.

The third ability is just Chroma's first ability except it seems to be single target. What's more is that the ability is toxin based. Isn't Saryn's whole theme toxin? We already have one toxin warframe.

The fourth ability is very similar to shadows of the dead, and we know how that ability turned out (poorly, its just a big meat shield).

And again, we already have a toxin based frame. Furthermore, there are much cooler aspects of the infested than just toxin damage and summoning/spawning things. That's like making a grineer frame viral themed because certain melee units have viral weapons.

The name is literally just a misspelled version of raccoon. I would change it.

And no offense, but these abilities are pretty poorly designed (IMO). The first ability is just damage, and not even damage that you can control very well (plus the concept of summoning infested just doesn't seem right to me). People complain about fireball being poorly designed- well this ability is just a worse version of fireball that you can't control.

The second ability is... Its okay. Its an AOE debuff and slow... Which sounds like a worse version of molecular prime. It's not that the similarity to Mprime is a huge issue, but the ability itself just isn't very creative, interactive or unique. The lack of all three of those things is a problem.

The third ability is just Chroma's first ability except it seems to be single target. What's more is that the ability is toxin based. Isn't Saryn's whole theme toxin? We already have one toxin warframe.

The fourth ability is very similar to shadows of the dead, and we know how that ability turned out (poorly, its just a big meat shield).

And again, we already have a toxin based frame. Furthermore, there are much cooler aspects of the infested than just toxin damage and summoning/spawning things. That's like making a grineer frame viral themed because certain melee units have viral weapons.

The abilities are being worked on. Trying to make him more caster/melee than just melee. And actually it is tha Javanese word for poison. But in a previous post i put several other suggestions.

I see you enlisted the wonderful talents of egm to do the art. Stunning piece and very infested looking.

I agree with some comments that he feels a bit unevolved and too reliant on summons. Better to let him do these actions himself imo.

You have something good here, just keep working on it.

I shall.

It's basically a static object, though. Interaction may not be possible.

Jamescell's argument that Saryn is already the viral/contagion/toxin Warframe is a valid one, though. (More valid than the Typhus one on the first page, which isn't valid at all.)

The only way to really make it different is to focus on infestation, but I am okay with some overlap with Saryn, so long as you set him apart from her.

Another possible name: Myiasis. (Pronounced My-eye-asis) ... what it means though...uh, is "infested with fly maggots". =\ 

1) 25 energy-Charger Inheritance: Racun charges forward with a speed greater than a Charger, doing 100/150/200/250 slash damage and stunning the target for 5/10/15/20 seconds.

2)50 energy-Infested Missile- Racun spits 1/2/3/4 explosive toxic tissues at a target(s), homing in on them, dealing 100/150/200/250 toxin damage.

3) 75 energy-Brood Mother's Wrath: Racun embodies the wrath of the Brood Mother, dealing 150/200/250/300 damage in a single strike.

4) 100 energy-Armor of the Juggernaut: Racun's armor becomes 25%/30%/35%/40% stronger and becomes slowed by 10%/15%/20%/25%.

Better or more changes needed?

Edited by Beldair