Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Payday 2's Rating Is Going Down

TheErebus.

Sauce?

"Leak" from "anon dev".

Might not be true, but is not entirely unlikely.

Tons of DLC, now microtransactions, they lose nothing (other than respect of their audience) by making the core game free to milk more suckers.

Edited by Shifted

I'm really glad, actually.

I loved the game when it was first released and played the heck out of the demo with my friend, but this is a bit of a cheap move and it's slowly been going downhill for a while now. Just a shame I have a decent amount of their DLC though thankfully I waited for the sales for some of it. Reminds me of their 'reward' at getting XYZ of whatever and it was John Wick. Yeah, great reward. That was well worth it.

It's a good game but they seem to be taking it in the wrong direction.

Plus I always personally hated how you'd pay for DLC for it to be locked behind achievements, some of which could be rather annoying in obtaining. Gage package searching was fun though.

Edited by Naith

How is it for public games? my group of friends who practically begged me to get it won't even play it any more. And I never even got to try it.

I would've said it was generally okay. It's been a while but it's not as if pub's are the worst thing ever or different to other games. It's where I had most of my matches so... Same for Warframe. People complain about pub's but in reality, they aren't a problem. Hackers aren't that rare though.

Same community as always, just a different game. I cannot say I frequently got kicked. Usually happened when people was saving a space for someone or didn't like your rank or whatever. Again though, could've changed but I seriously doubt it's that bad or people wouldn't be playing it.

Edited by Naith

I would've said it was generally okay. It's been a while but it's not as if pub's are the worst thing ever or different to other games. It's where I had most of my matches so... Same for Warframe. People complain about pub's but in reality, they aren't a problem. Hackers aren't that rare though.

Same community as always, just a different game. I cannot say I frequently got kicked. Usually happened when people was saving a space for someone or didn't like your rank or whatever. Again though, could've changed but I seriously doubt it's that bad or people wouldn't be playing it.

Honestly my biggest gripe with PAYDAY 2 was the stealth aspect.

I hated it.

So whenever the team would say "we're stealthin' this" I groan aloud and you either do the boring stealth or find a new team.

People buy their content as DLC's, while the new microtransaction system just simply poured all of their money into the drain as new items are now referred as Skins instead of unique weapons they bought before.

And "balancing" all vanilla weapons to straight-on Deathwish capacity just accelerated their ranting even further.

Honestly my biggest gripe with PAYDAY 2 was the stealth aspect.

I hated it.

So whenever the team would say "we're stealthin' this" I groan aloud and you either do the boring stealth or find a new team.

Yeah stealth could definitely sometimes be a drag. However, it did depend on the map and players. Some maps are quite shabby stealth wise. Worst players are the control freaks and those who go mad if you don't listen to their childish attempts at dictatorship.

Edited by Naith

Yeah stealth could definitely sometimes be a drag. However, it did depend on the map and players. Some maps are quite shabby stealth wise. Worst players are the control freaks and those who go mad if you don't listen to their childish attempts at dictatorship.

Or they just reset the whole mission if you get spotted, instead of, y'know, adapting to the situation.

As it should be, really. 93% was a bit high for the game already because if their crappy DLC practices, but I'm glad it's going down even more.

Or they just reset the whole mission if you get spotted, instead of, y'know, adapting to the situation.

A big reason for that is that if you build guns for concealment and aren't running a dodge build if sht hits the fan your weapons will be too crappy to actually deal with the opposition, so it's easier to just restart and try again.

A big reason for that is that if you build guns for concealment and aren't running a dodge build if sht hits the fan your weapons will be too crappy to actually deal with the opposition, so it's easier to just restart and try again.

I'm talking about the normal or hard difficulties. These ones are quite doable. 

The top tier difficulties, I can understand restarting. But you have no idea how many normals have been reset because "we got caught, I don't wanna fight 'em"