Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Key Leechers (Keyshares)

boneyflesh

This is unfortunately something that happens in a lot of game. Specifically not keysharing as we know it, obviously.

The only advice I can give those that have had this happen to them, don't go first or second. If you just joined a group, and they want you to use your key first, I'd recommend finding a different group. I've found this to be effective at avoiding these types of people. A host, when making a group, should use his key first. Even if it's not the host who is planning to leave the group you're still getting at least 2-3 runs.

It sucks to not get all 4 runs. I know, this happened to me the other day. Two friends made a group and got me and another random to use our keys then left. I still wonder if I'd have Trinity Prime Systems at this point if they had used their keys.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully you can avoid these people in the future.

You really just need to be more careful and make sure you ignore them so you know better than to trust them again. I don't know why people continue to expect DE to enforce anything other than possibl creating some sort of key lock system that I personally would never use unless they were exterminates and or captures you can do in rapid succession as sometimes I'm just not in the mood to do defense or mobile defense back to back to back. All you can do is only participate in key shares with clans and friends and you'll be fine. 

Best mechanics method would be to require 4 keys and drop quadruple rewards at once.

Perhaps hack the sabotage reroll mechanic and have a little console at the start of a key mission ala the vault door where the more keys the more rerolls you get.

Add 3 consoles, since host always has key, presto rewards.

Of course since the void blows up next month tentatively, this great and wonderful idea is not worth it.

In so far as you OP, go play EVE Online, go play commodities, go play Ebay, and quality control for South Asian distributors.

You'll realize the world is exactly this, and you are the subject of P T Barnum's famous saying.

Apparent warframe has no rules or penalty for players who bail in a keyshare.

I just submitted a support ticket with screenshots of the event when a particular tenno  bailed out on our keyshare but the DE just said that they cant do anything to players like this one.

its so sad though, i mean i have evidence of him bailing out and they couldn't, at least, just suspend him. T_T

This is a fine example.

If anyone woders why support takes so long to deal with tickets, this is one of the reasons.

Learning about what can be reported and what can't is one way of improving support response time.

I do admit that they do take a long time, however 1 reason why they do is because they have to deal with tickets are are just pointless.

You cannot report a person for leaving your game, period, stop wasting support time pls.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I find keyshares to be a scumbag behaviour in the first place.  Those who have more keys host more and everybody benefits (yes even leechers who may not have any of their own keys).   Greed is just as bad as dishonesty to me so I avoid these groups altogether.

someone seems hurt in a rear area.

why are you so hell bent on disciplining a player who is a free person, and can join or leave at any time via their own discretion ?

tenno are all equal and can do what they please within reason 

i can join or quit a game with no discipline action or issue against me

this just seems immature and lack of gaming experience

void_key_consern_by_gundamfan33-d805bf8.

this the reason i avoid key share

so i usually runs my key 3 rows at a time

H > T3 mob def 3 runs only "not a keyshare"

so i tell squad 3 runs only gl hf and sometimes after 3 runs

some good players offer their keys as token of appreciation

sometimes all 3 players will offer keys

so the suppose to be 3 runs became 6

They should add a Clan Blacklist, where you can add a player to it and it is shared for all clan members.

If DE starts punishing players for bailing in a keyshare, they might as well start punishing players for lying about their builds like pretending to have a fully modded Energy Vampire build.

If DE had the resource to do it, they definitely should.  Game with honorable players (forced or natural) have far more positive community.
Edited by Karamethien

Maybe because Key Sharing is technically emergent gameplay due to the nature of how tedious the void is. It is no way functionally supported by the developers in any way.

Then they should.  It would not be that hard to have a mechanic implemented that forced every one to submit their key before playing, then if one person flaked out, their key would still be consumed and left available to the other players.

As it stands DE is basically promoting scamming by allowing key scammers to not only get away with it but also protecting them from "naming and shaming". That's not good for the continued health of the game.