Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Annoying Fallacies

TheErebus.

So what are the most annoying fallacies you've seen?

For me:
Strawmanning (I'm a bit of hypocrite because I've invoked this a lot of times, but I do try to avoid it)

Association Fallacy: Someone used this against me in a Dark Souls "argument" (Not on the forums). I got quite pissed.

Slippery Slope: The same person I had the argument with about Dark Souls said that the Destiny microtransactions will be spread onto every other thing in the game (weapons, armor etc). I don't even know why I hang out with this guy.

Time fallacies.

Because making a gif for 5 minutes are bad and you should just do something else aside from it like making cupcakes n drinks n stuff.

No hard feelings mane but i'd rather finish the gif. It's only 5 minutes. And it's literally just a screencap shaking round like nobodys business.

I would appreciate it if those fallacies would be briefly explained, i'm not such an expert in english but I would love to read into this.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com

Here's a site that explains most of the fallacies. 

The ones I mentioned:

Strawman: You take someone's argument and misinterpret it so that you can get the advantage

Association fallacies: Basically when you compare something to another, that proves you're right.

Like saying Hitler was popular, and X game is popular, therefore that game is bad.

Slippery slope: Basically you say that if we let X happen, it'll lead to something else happening. This is a fallacy when you have no evidence to back up what you're saying.

Time fallacies.

Because making a gif for 5 minutes are bad and you should just do something else aside from it like making cupcakes n drinks n stuff.

No hard feelings mane but i'd rather finish the gif. It's only 5 minutes. And it's literally just a screencap shaking round like nobodys business.

Oh you~

Most annoying?

I'm not a fan of any of them.

I guess strawman, ad hominem, tu quoque and cherry picking are the ones that irk me the most, because those are the ones I see most often.

I don't suppose blind fanboy-ism is a fallacy? Because if it is, I most definitely hate it above the rest.

I guess it could breed appeal to authority and special pleading, amongst others.

But in itself, it's probably not a fallacy per se.