Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

12 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

The things i want the most are:

Ash is no longer invincible during bladstorm.
Enemies targeted by bladestorm arent invincible either.

Those changes would immediatly reduce spammability (because you still have to watch your frames positioning while the clones go ham) and annoyance for allies by a ton.

You want ... No invincible, and cannot control for 5~10 seconds ultimate? Sounds like a suicide button to me.

You will die by AoE definitely even if you are in cloak mode.

Bombard missiles, environmental hazards, Multi-Toxic ancient' aura stack or heykka's famous "one shot pounce", you name it.

Honestly... stop "do ______ or I quit". This won't work.

Veterans quitting is actually a good think for DE, in economic reason.

For example, a player with 4000 hours play, has 30k platinum.

Obviously he doesn't need to buy any platinum with his credit card anymore.

If he quits, 30k platinum disappears in the social market. The more this happens, the less "active" plat remains.

When supply is not enough for demand, new players will buy plat (with real money) when they can't earn it from selling stuffs easily.

New players contribute more $$, and complain less about game balance.

It's sad but true, that's probably why devs keep adding new contents instead of re-balancing the game.

tl;dr

Most devs care about new players more than veterans in free to play games. This is how it works... sadly.

EDIT:

remove unnecessary quote that causes misunderstanding.

Edited by aerosoul1337

On 1/18/2016 at 7:12 AM, Seya87 said:

Then, (sorry my english x, bad.)
first of all, I hope that people who are writing in this post, know what they're talking about, and know how to use Ash.

I hope that all of you have at least 2000 hours of play, or go to sleep, because you do not know the nonsense you're saying.

You have problems when you use ash nausea? your problems.
you get bored using ash? your problems.
do you think that 18 targets are many or few? your problems.
NO ONE should afford to touch ash, no fix, nothing. he does not need anything, it's already so perfect !!

I'm an old player, I have always loved and followed this game, ever since the time of the closed beta.

Ash is my favorite character, no one should afford to touch ash. nobody. he does not need anything. if you have problems with ash, the problems are yours, they should not ricarede on him.

I for over 5 years I never had problems with ash, indeed, has always been very helpful, it allowed me to get to where I can not get with other frames. It allowed me to win matches that I could not win with others.

ash is the best and does not need your stupid advice noobs.

I am sure that all those who speak ill of ash, do not know how to use ash. are not experts, are people who think they are the best, they think they are more cunning, more experienced.

..but the truth is one, ash is perfect and you do not understand anything.

PS: FOR DEVELOPERS:
I regret to inform you, if ash was touched, fix, worked .. anything negative, and unlike now ... many people loyal to you for years, myself included, will abandon the game.

ash is the last true dd, carry, dmg, call it what you want, in this game.
in recent years you have ruined many characters as saryn, mesa, also in May ...
characters who were very strong, and now because of some useless player were touched to worse ...

I really hope with all my heart that my words will be used to stop the destruction of this gorgeous, beautiful, unsurpassed game ...

One of your oldest and true fans .....

1. You're being a drama queen.
2. You can't just shut everyone's opinions  down. It doesn't work like that.
3. Press 4 and go make a sandwich is not good design.

41 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

You want ... No invincible, and cannot control for 5~10 seconds ultimate? Sounds like a suicide button to me.

You will die by AoE definitely even if you are in cloak mode.

Bombard missiles, environmental hazards, Multi-Toxic ancient' aura stack or heykka's famous "one shot pounce", you name it.

Oh you are misunderstanding.... I want those in addititon to what Steve confirmed (removal of the stupid hands off the keyboard mechanic).

I know that current bladestorm would be suicide without invincibility, it already is a lot of the time.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

On 17/01/2016 at 3:12 PM, Seya87 said:

Then, (sorry my english x, bad.)
first of all, I hope that people who are writing in this post, know what they're talking about, and know how to use Ash.

I hope that all of you have at least 2000 hours of play, or go to sleep, because you do not know the nonsense you're saying.

You have problems when you use ash nausea? your problems.
you get bored using ash? your problems.
do you think that 18 targets are many or few? your problems.
NO ONE should afford to touch ash, no fix, nothing. he does not need anything, it's already so perfect !!

I'm an old player, I have always loved and followed this game, ever since the time of the closed beta.

Ash is my favorite character, no one should afford to touch ash. nobody. he does not need anything. if you have problems with ash, the problems are yours, they should not ricarede on him.

I for over 5 years I never had problems with ash, indeed, has always been very helpful, it allowed me to get to where I can not get with other frames. It allowed me to win matches that I could not win with others.

ash is the best and does not need your stupid advice noobs.

I am sure that all those who speak ill of ash, do not know how to use ash. are not experts, are people who think they are the best, they think they are more cunning, more experienced.

..but the truth is one, ash is perfect and you do not understand anything.

PS: FOR DEVELOPERS:
I regret to inform you, if ash was touched, fix, worked .. anything negative, and unlike now ... many people loyal to you for years, myself included, will abandon the game.

ash is the last true dd, carry, dmg, call it what you want, in this game.
in recent years you have ruined many characters as saryn, mesa, also in May ...
characters who were very strong, and now because of some useless player were touched to worse ...

I really hope with all my heart that my words will be used to stop the destruction of this gorgeous, beautiful, unsurpassed game ...

One of your oldest and true fans .....

I lol'd. You sound like a spoiled 10 yr old that has just been told you need to go to the dentist because 1/2 your teeth are rotten. "THERE'S NOTHING WRONG, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME, OMG WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR?!" RAPTOR SCREECH

Why'd you take so long to say "I like Ash, thisAshbestAsh, only my opinion matters"?

Edited by fakeBOSHI

22 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Honestly... stop "change it or I quit". This won't work.

Veterans quitting is actually a good think for DE, in economic reason.

For example, a player with 4000 hours play, has 30k platinum.

Obviously he doesn't need to buy any platinum with his credit card anymore.

If he quits, 30k platinum disappears in the social market. The more this happens, the less "active" plat remains.

When supply is not enough for demand, new players will buy plat (with real money) when they can't earn it from selling stuffs easily.

New players contribute more $$, and complain less about game balance.

It's sad but true, that's probably why devs keep adding new contents instead of re-balancing the game.

tl;dr

Most devs care about new players more than veterans in free to play games. This is how it works... sadly.

dude, i was just making fun of Seya87, whose post i found ridiculously overdramatic...

1 hour ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

dude, i was just making fun of Seya87, whose post i found ridiculously overdramatic...

Sorry for quoted you. Probably a bad move, my bad.

I just want to point the fact for anyone who doesn't realize it and keep crying for "do _____ or I quit".

Also edited and removed any quote in my post.

Edited by aerosoul1337

18 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

The things i want the most are:

Ash is no longer invincible during bladstorm.
Enemies targeted by bladestorm arent invincible either.

Those changes would immediatly reduce spammability (because you still have to watch your frames positioning while the clones go ham) and annoyance for allies by a ton.

It doesnt work the way You want it too..

Bladestorm Renders Ash Invulnerable because the attacks are fully Finisher Kills with the slash bleed DoT but as anyone who has played Warframe long enough, doing a Stealth or a Finisher kill animation renders You invulnerable to any damage for the animation time period. If Bladestorm loses this it loses its functionality and effectiveness.

Now as for enemies not being able to be damaged by anyone but Ash is referred back to Finisher Kills and Stealth kills. As a result to these kill animations, enemies cant be harmed as well. when You perform a Finisher or stealth kill enemies cannot be harmed by anything but the player performing the kill, this is the way its suppose to be. 

Now what You are complaining about is obvious, its actually a design mechanic of the current Bladestorm, and its the automatic rampage that occurs in bladestorm along with Ashs clones. You press 4 and Ash+Clones teleport everywhere attacking enemies in random places in rapid succession constantly thats what is bothering You but You dont know how to describe it. 

The best bet to fix Bladestorm all around is reworking it to be a Stance Ultimate, makes more sense and keeps Bladestorm interesting+Interactive all though i hear a few hating on this because the hate for Stance ultimates period this is an exception and makes total sense, an ability from a Frame thats the first weapon innately incorporated to the frames abilities being a Melee weapon why not implement to be a stance?

Ill explain other good reasons to why and DE made these reasons relevant.

Melee mod scaling which scales currently only off Fury+Quickening? Makes sense huh? Quickening a Melee Channeling mod, since when was Bladestorm a Channeled ability? See what Im getting at? Logic. Make Bladestorm a stance and keep the damage out put (Finisher/Slash DoT) 

8 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

It doesnt work the way You want it too..

Bladestorm Renders Ash Invulnerable because the attacks are fully Finisher Kills with the slash bleed DoT but as anyone who has played Warframe long enough, doing a Stealth or a Finisher kill animation renders You invulnerable to any damage for the animation time period. If Bladestorm loses this it loses its functionality and effectiveness.

Now as for enemies not being able to be damaged by anyone but Ash is referred back to Finisher Kills and Stealth kills. As a result to these kill animations, enemies cant be harmed as well. when You perform a Finisher or stealth kill enemies cannot be harmed by anything but the player performing the kill, this is the way its suppose to be. 

Now what You are complaining about is obvious, its actually a design mechanic of the current Bladestorm, and its the automatic rampage that occurs in bladestorm along with Ashs clones. You press 4 and Ash+Clones teleport everywhere attacking enemies in random places in rapid succession constantly thats what is bothering You but You dont know how to describe it. 

The best bet to fix Bladestorm all around is reworking it to be a Stance Ultimate, makes more sense and keeps Bladestorm interesting+Interactive all though i hear a few hating on this because the hate for Stance ultimates period this is an exception and makes total sense, an ability from a Frame thats the first weapon innately incorporated to the frames abilities being a Melee weapon why not implement to be a stance?

Ill explain other good reasons to why and DE made these reasons relevant.

Melee mod scaling which scales currently only off Fury+Quickening? Makes sense huh? Quickening a Melee Channeling mod, since when was Bladestorm a Channeled ability? See what Im getting at? Logic. Make Bladestorm a stance and keep the damage out put (Finisher/Slash DoT) 

Dude I have been one of the people discussing Bladestorm with you across multiple threads so i fully understand how bladestorm works.

What I am referring to here is the fact that from the OP it sounds like DE will not change te mechanics of the ultimate, but stop Ash himself participating in the rampage (maybe I misunderstood this though).
I just wanted to make clear that i want Ash to be vulnerable while the clones go for kills and if possible the clones stop making enemies invulnerable as well (would be no problem to implement by changing their attacks from Finishers to "normal" attacks dealing the same damage).

This would make Ash a lot better from a game design point of view, but I still rather want Ash to get Exalted Hidden Blades or other forms of draining toggle mechanics (It just doesnt look like im getting that in this rework).

7 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Dude I have been one of the people discussing Bladestorm with you across multiple threads so i fully understand how bladestorm works.

What I am referring to here is the fact that from the OP it sounds like DE will not change te mechanics of the ultimate, but stop Ash himself participating in the rampage (maybe I misunderstood this though).
I just wanted to make clear that i want Ash to be vulnerable while the clones go for kills and if possible the clones stop making enemies invulnerable as well (would be no problem to implement by changing their attacks from Finishers to "normal" attacks dealing the same damage).

This would make Ash a lot better from a game design point of view, but I still rather want Ash to get Exalted Hidden Blades or other forms of draining toggle mechanics (It just doesnt look like im getting that in this rework).

I know exactly what You are referring to and thats the Twitter discussion which Koga retweeted Steve and TBH that Idea may not be the concept anymore since DE prolonged the Idea they talked about I think seeing the replies and ppls reaction to that concept they preferred to hold off and gather more ideas on how to rework it without hurting the Ash fans. DE may not grant the ideas we fully want be I believe they are mindful of how we feel and what we have spent on him (ArcaneTrickery)

https://twitter.com/i/notifications

I think that Steve figured ppl would be up set with pressing 4 to just send out clones to kill. I think activating Bladestorm allowing Ash players the incentive of who to kill and how along with the ability to use shuriken smoke screen and teleport sounds more interactive and fun, solves tons of issues as well as the bugs and animations with camera angles etc.. Just My opinion ofcoarse some one will offer there 2 cents tryna discredit Me but there is no better way to rework Bladestorm then a Stance which makes sense at the Utmost, a Ninja needs a Stance for his Ulti's Melee Weapon

2 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

I know exactly what You are referring to and thats the Twitter discussion which Koga retweeted Steve and TBH that Idea may not be the concept anymore since DE prolonged the Idea they talked about I think seeing the replies and ppls reaction to that concept they preferred to hold off and gather more ideas on how to rework it without hurting the Ash fans. DE may not grant the ideas we fully want be I believe they are mindful of how we feel and what we have spent on him (ArcaneTrickery)

https://twitter.com/i/notifications

I think that Steve figured ppl would be up set with pressing 4 to just send out clones to kill. I think activating Bladestorm allowing Ash players the incentive of who to kill and how along with the ability to use shuriken smoke screen and teleport sounds more interactive and fun, solves tons of issues as well as the bugs and animations with camera angles etc.. Just My opinion ofcoarse some one will offer there 2 cents tryna discredit Me but there is no better way to rework Bladestorm then a Stance which makes sense at the Utmost, a Ninja needs a Stance for his Ulti's Melee Weapon

I'm not on twitter so I only saw the tweet in the OP, and im not really up to date with the twitter discussion. That being said I know that it will get better no matter what DE decides to do in the end (because lets be honest it cant get much worse), and I guess I'll just hold off on playing Ash until then.