Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ignis Build?

LoseUrself2Dance

Question

9 answers to this question

From what I seen. Split chamber plus all 4 dual stat elements gives u around 80% status chance (Can someone confirm?). So that's not bad. I heard its a beast with Ember or Banshee sonar ability.

It's only beast with sonar atm because the resonance augment is severely bugged...

This sounds pretty good though. I'd personally go radiation viral. I mean this thing (finally...) has innate punchthrough, and a huge (finally) aoe- couple that with CONSTANT procs- and only 2 elements- and BAM. You have yourself a Nyx + Saryn combo gun.

I mean this thing (finally...) has innate punchthrough

it has for a long time. like Miter, was infinite once upon a time, and for a long while wasn't, and now has more i guess, so it probably had 1m for a long while after Infinite disappeared off of it (but not Scorches ofc).

SC Serration HCal Vile Acceleration

3x elements of choice, and either Ammo Mut, another element, or a Range/Area mod if the new size is still not enough for you.

The much larger clip means you can run with a +RoF mod; +RoF also increases your status/sec to over 100% with only 2x 60%/60% mods, meaning you can use 90%'s for the rest.

My biggest gripe so far is that even without modding for range, the flame effect falls short of its actual reach. I think what the fire effect could do with is actually looking like a flamethrower's projectile.

It seems that right now, this is what we see ingame:

Flamethrower_Throwing_Flame.png

And this is how it should be represented:

LuIptot.jpg

Edited by LoopStricken

From what I seen. Split chamber plus all 4 dual stat elements gives u around 80% status chance (Can someone confirm?). So that's not bad. I heard its a beast with Ember or Banshee sonar ability.

I thought that doesn't work on the Ignis? Unless the Ignis still works on the ancient "SC will create an entire separate beam" mechanic?

I know for sure that SC won't affect the status chance on regular beam weapons (it'll simply multiply the damage per tick by 1.9 instead of creating a separate instance of damage). I assume the Ignis functions the same way.

If you want Status for the Ignis (great for Radiation+Viral CC builds), then Fire Rate will give a nice boost for continuous weapons.

The build I plan to use for pure fire damage with Ember is Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Serration, Vile Acceleration, Hellfire, Firestorm, Wildfire, and Thermite Rounds.

For mixed-element builds, I'll probably replace Wildfire (or Thermite Rounds, or Firestorm, or some combo thereof) with other elemental mod(s).

Think of two Embers Fireball Frenzying each other with pure fire Ignis and Accelerant. Can't wait to try that out.

Edited by Kastorius