Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xp Locking Missions

ErudiusNacht

I apologize for this if this sounds rude, but can we have a Mastery Rank filter in Public Matchmaking? Recently we've been getting Rank 4's and below in end planets most commonly on Ceres. It's become a small problem finishing missions because of all the Excaliburs getting downed when they want to melee level 30+ Grineer with Chronos. I'd leave the discussion of XP farming Draco for another day, but seriously, it's kinda hard to last one round when the other 3 are Excaliburs with MK-1 equipment.

Now I know the Star Chart is about to be reworked, I'm just throwing this on the table just in case. Any (civilized) comments or opinions? thanks.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

I don't think the idea is all bad, but I'm not sure it would be taken well by the rest of the community.

Personally I only revive that kind of players a couple of times. The mission before the Tenno, is what I say. If they keep going down, and it's hindering progress, I let them stay down. Eventually they run out of revives. That way they (hopefully) see that they're not ready for the given difficulty.

I don't think the idea is all bad, but I'm not sure it would be taken well by the rest of the community.

Personally I only revive that kind of players a couple of times. The mission before the Tenno, is what I say. If they keep going down, and it's hindering progress, I let them stay down. Eventually they run out of revives. That way they (hopefully) see that they're not ready for the given difficulty.

True. True. I actually see this as a point of improvement in Player education. 

A repetitive problem here is the idea that players can just rush through the game. With or without regard to the player's mental age and patience, new player's tend to ask for "taxis" when they themselves know they're new to the game. Either due to ego or peer pressure, or both, they skip the proper character progression. Tbh, it is kinda daunting to go through all those mods and equipment. Still, players need to understand, sorry for the term, their place in the system. If you don't have the mods, equipment and/or game experience, don't force yourself.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that you try to patiently tell them how to properly play WF and they start threatening to report you. Ok fine, you shut up and just let them run out of revives, then they try to report you for "having no teamwork". You revive them, they live for 3 seconds, they go down again, they report you for "pulling support". Sigh.

I think XP locks on missions, or like a trial to unlock missions can be included. Putting in an actual option per player to filter matchmaking sounds elitist though, but I think it is also a viable option. But in the end, I think it's player education and progression that really needs to be fixed afterwards.

True. True. I actually see this as a point of improvement in Player education. 

A repetitive problem here is the idea that players can just rush through the game. With or without regard to the player's mental age and patience, new player's tend to ask for "taxis" when they themselves know they're new to the game. Either due to ego or peer pressure, or both, they skip the proper character progression. Tbh, it is kinda daunting to go through all those mods and equipment. Still, players need to understand, sorry for the term, their place in the system. If you don't have the mods, equipment and/or game experience, don't force yourself.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that you try to patiently tell them how to properly play WF and they start threatening to report you. Ok fine, you shut up and just let them run out of revives, then they try to report you for "having no teamwork". You revive them, they live for 3 seconds, they go down again, they report you for "pulling support". Sigh.

I think XP locks on missions, or like a trial to unlock missions can be included. Putting in an actual option per player to filter matchmaking sounds elitist though, but I think it is also a viable option. But in the end, I think it's player education and progression that really needs to be fixed afterwards.

It's a delicate line between letting baby have it's fun, and teaching baby that the fire is hot.

Personally I have never recived any threats of getting reported for not reviving. In any case I'd say just f*ck 'em, if they threaten with reporting. The report would have no substance to it, so it probably wouldn't have any consequences for you.

It's a delicate line between letting baby have it's fun, and teaching baby that the fire is hot.

Personally I have never recived any threats of getting reported for not reviving. In any case I'd say just f*ck 'em, if they threaten with reporting. The report would have no substance to it, so it probably wouldn't have any consequences for you.

Let me tell you a story:

Once one MR2 from my clan asked in chat to help him defeat Lynx. As Lynx only spawns in sabotage missions I thought he was talking about Jackal. So I taxied him there and we defeated him. Right after the mission he said it was the wrong boss, he needs the one who drops Atlas parts.

My reply on this was, a little enraged in my head, that  I won't help him and he should just play the game and not rush it mindlessly. Just after this someone else typed "what a bad clan that is when you cannot ask for help".

So I needed to explain those 2 newbies, that even if I taxi him there, he won't be able to build Atlas as he doesn't have the BP yet, furthermore he even didn't have his first AW gear.

Back on topic. We don't need MR locks on missions, just prevent unlocking missions if someone plays a taxi for you. If a MR4 is able to get to Ceres on his own, he deserves to play there; if he askes a friend to taxi him there 3 hours after he started the game, not.

Even more toxic is a mentality to get everything ASAP and without effort, this becomes more and more of a problem as the game progresses.

However, this discussion is a little redundant as the star-chart rework is comming soon.

Well the game is about to be rebalanced, so maybe those guys won't be a problem anymore.

I don't think rank based matchmaking will be that good... Just those tenno must understand that they are jumping way over their head. Just tell them to find cover and just use cc abilities like radial blind.

Well the game is about to be rebalanced, so maybe those guys won't be a problem anymore.

I don't think rank based matchmaking will be that good... Just those tenno must understand that they are jumping way over their head. Just tell them to find cover and just use cc abilities like radial blind.

Starchart 2.0 will hopefully solve this problem.

Or introduce worse problems.

Either way Draco is going the way of the dodo very soon, but MR locking high end missions probably should be included in the new system.

Actually, I understand that XP locks would just be a stop-gap measure for this problem. Hopefully we can expect a better solution in Starchart 2.0 and afterwards. Again, the problem is player education; only if we can have a system to guide new players into the player progression. Or like missions are easy at first not just by lowering enemy levels, but also change play style customization as you progress. But for now, I think matchmaking can be relevant since the focus of updates is the star chart as mentioned.