Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

I have to say #1 but possibly #3 absolutely not tokens, that will make it way too easy for nerdy gamers like myself. Although the void key drop rate is poop atm id like to see more of those AND forma bp on alerts at least.

I am taking all of this in. Thanks for the notes and opinions. Sometimes when all you have is a hammer (blueprints), everything is treated like a nail (new gear).

The difference between tokens, blueprints and credits is subtle. We treated credits like we did in the 'old days' of boxed game loot and priced like we would then. We didn't make credits and time/success/capped thing like LoL does with their Influence points.

Blueprint components are kinda like the random tokens discussed here but without spend freedom (like credits).

I am reluctant to put a 3rd currency into the game but I understand the spirit of the demand. I guess bluntly, people unwilling to pay want to have a reasonably predictable way to grind toward an item goal.

I've been thinking a lot on this and I will consider these systems carefully. Can't promise when and what but it is very much in my top 3 of things to deal with (the other 2 being coffee injections and baldness).

Thank you so much for the reply!

I am taking all of this in. Thanks for the notes and opinions. Sometimes when all you have is a hammer (blueprints), everything is treated like a nail (new gear).

The difference between tokens, blueprints and credits is subtle. We treated credits like we did in the 'old days' of boxed game loot and priced like we would then. We didn't make credits and time/success/capped thing like LoL does with their Influence points.

Blueprint components are kinda like the random tokens discussed here but without spend freedom (like credits).

I am reluctant to put a 3rd currency into the game but I understand the spirit of the demand. I guess bluntly, people unwilling to pay want to have a reasonably predictable way to grind toward an item goal.

I've been thinking a lot on this and I will consider these systems carefully. Can't promise when and what but it is very much in my top 3 of things to deal with (the other 2 being coffee injections and baldness).

Thanks Steve, but I do want to point out that its not just people unwilling to pay, its also people who pay for some stuff but don't want to pay for everything. :) 

Edited by Relkin

For me deffo (1) RNG

1. RNG -  with a revised loot % table and additional skill based tasks (paragon) via progression or mission tasks that could raise 0.X% chance to drop rare stuff, way more rewarding. Skill based mission tasks to raise chance could also combat speed runs...get people killing mobs for more chance on drop rather than running past everything

2. Tokens - Reminds me of all that WOW guild point based rules, very dull...plus tokens system will just encourage more speed run on all missions other than exterminate...avoiding all the mission mobs to get fast tokens, just goes back to the instant gratification and I know Scott wants running through missions fast fixed, plus as Steve said more currency in the game...Naaaa, no thanks!!

3. Merge - working RNG = no need for this

not exactly surprised so many people are "unwilling to pay" when the void is a dollar a ride just for the chance to get a part of a whole item

Edited by Flunky

I, for one, would actually be far more willing to pay with a well-placed merger system.

I'd be happy with a revised RNG system. It worked for the old mod system, not so much the current one. Too many mods increases rarity of even common mods.

How about certain mods occur more frequently on certain planets like materials?

I know factions have a higher chance, but say like neptune for higher chance at sidarm, eris primary, pluto melee etc?

Faction chances would be additive, so say infested have +5% for frame mods, as does jupiter, doing an infested mission on jupiter has +10% chance for frame mods?

Nevertheless, I choose 1) RNG.

Edited by TunaMayo

1 Keep the RNG, stop whining.

-RNG adds an element of mystery to what would otherwise just feel like farming. Farming is the most hated part of any MMO. Warframe combats this by having an interesting and engaging combat system as well as the excitement that comes from knowing that your next module may or may not be Master Thief.

-There's probably going to be some sort of market implemented later. Those of you that aren't favored by the number deities can buy those rare mods that are causing you to drip saliva into the keyboard for an inflated price, because they're desirable. If there's a token system, there's no reason to have such a market, when you could just use those same tokens to buy the same mods for the same price everyone gets them for. I don't know about you, but I think this game would benefit far more from a dynamic and interesting trade system than from a mindless token farm simulator.

-Nothing more, really. Just didn't want to make fewer than three points.

Why not make the item a token?

For example

10 Reaper handles can be exchanged for one reaper blade

Just make the most common part of an item set the token.

As for Warframe parts, the current system is almost fine except for the ridiculous lengths some people have to go through because of bad luck.

My opinion is that for the Void a token system should be implemented, but for the solar system we should keep the old system. The simple reason is because to get into the void you either spend cash or grind a lot for shots at prizes, so every void run should always be upping your progress. Meanwhile in the solar system you can run any mission as much as you like.

Why not make the item a token?

For example

10 Reaper handles can be exchanged for one reaper blade

Just make the most common part of an item set the token.

As for Warframe parts, the current system is almost fine except for the ridiculous lengths some people have to go through because of bad luck.

My opinion is that for the Void a token system should be implemented, but for the solar system we should keep the old system. The simple reason is because to get into the void you either spend cash or grind a lot for shots at prizes, so every void run should always be upping your progress. Meanwhile in the solar system you can run any mission as much as you like.

I vote 3 in general, and I support Tekkaman-Blade's idea VERY MUCH.