Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

3. Imo, RNG is only good if used in moderation. If everything is based on luck, obtaining a rare item can become extremely frustrating and time consuming, especially when the only thing you can do is "hope" that you get it. However, too little RNG can take away many of those fun, unscripted, and highly satisfying "woot" luck moments, such as when you get something really rare out of nowhere, and brag to your friends about it.

I like the idea of 1 better than 2 or 3. A token system simply seems like an easy or fast track to get everything someone may want. Which will potentially take a lot of time away from the game if you get everything in such a manner. I've always favored games that rely on a random drop system. Honestly, I kind of wish the 'random drops' were more random. lol...

Such as being able to get mods that start on different levels more often (seen a couple). But that's just my opinion. :)

If it was going to be added in regardless, then definitely 3...

3.  somethings tokens, some things actually random.

I tend to prefer blanket random, not boss X has random chance to drop Y (I dont see that as random so much as forcing busywork), but (to use warframe as an example) planet system X has random chance to drop Y or entire game has chance to drop Y.

I'd prefer a merger of both in the sense of "turn X latron prime parts/BPs into an LP receiver" system, because it's a serious problem when players wind up clogging their inventory with a dozen worthless components that they already have while vainly trying to get the one they actually need.

So... #3?

I'd prefer a merger of both in the sense of "turn X latron prime parts/BPs into an LP receiver" system, because it's a serious problem when players wind up clogging their inventory with a dozen worthless components that they already have while vainly trying to get the one they actually need.

So... #3?

The thing is, once they have the stuff they need, then they're just getting stuff that clogs up their inventory again (and have little incentive to keep doing runs). A token system can be used to purchase neat little utility items, like ammo boxes that autofill your ammo when you run out, or other cool consumable desirables that the community could come up with. This maximises replayability, allowing rewards to still be useful after you've obtained gear. Just my thoughts, of course.

Tokens sound great and all, but how many tokens would be the right ammount per item?, currently with RNG u can get the item u want on your first run?
With tokens i doubt the benchmark required tokens would ever be as low as 1?

So I guess my vote is for 3 but with the hope the values are reasonable.

Wow, we are actually starting to have some good numbers over here - see the first post.

Regarding the merger - if it is ever implemented, its up to the developers to decide how exactly to merge these two systems. Perhaps we are going to see the transform button. Perhaps - some things will be token-based and some not.