Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Change Finisher Damage Scaling For Weapon Types.

Yazeth

After looking around the wiki, I found something interesting:

Finisher attack damage is dependent on the type of melee weapon used: 1200% total melee weapon damage for daggers, dual daggers, polearms, and staves; 2400% total melee weapon damage for hammers; and 1600% total melee weapon damage for all other weapon types.

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0#Finisher

Like, what the heck? Stealth weapons like the Dagger and Dual Daggers deal only 1200%, while a hammer deals 2400%? I get that Covert Lethality does account for the Dagger's weakness, but what about Dual Daggers, or even the Glaive? Why does something like a Jat Kittag deal such high amount of Finisher damage? I don't get this. 

What do you guys think about this odd difference?

Daggers should be the absolute highest at Finisher attacks. Being more nimble and easier to handle they should be the most effective at sticking into where it actually hurts or sliding into the vulnerable spots in armour.

It's like blocking, where single swords should also be higher up in the ranks. There's something very wrong with the heavy melees being the best at everything 

Yes I also use a Galatine myself.

Imagine this, you're lying flat on the ground. Someone stabs you. Ouch!

Now imagine this, you're lying flat on the ground and someone smashes you with a god damn jet engine powered sledge hammer. 

Think logically. 

Edit: This is at least regarding ground finishers. Daggers should definitely have much high stealth finisher damage.

Edited by CircularDevice

Now imagine this, you're lying flat on the ground and someone smashes you with a god damn jet engine powered sledge hammer. 

When you've got such a maneuverable and precise instrument of execution like a knife and your target is in a perfectly vulnerable position, your target should be nothing but dead. He won't be drowning in his blood from his bludgeoned lungs, watching his life trickle away as blood pours out of everywhere his fragmented armour has punctured his body or blacking out from a caved skull. 

Melee weapon class bonuses and traits should be properly sorted out. For some reason DE seems to think that bigger, clunkier weapons should be more effective at deflecting attacks than a nimbler weapon like a sword just because it's- well, bigger. And that daggers should suck at everything just because they're tiny. Size does matters, but it isn't everything.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Think logically. 

Edit: This is at least regarding ground finishers. Daggers should definitely have much high stealth finisher damage.

If its dead either way? I guess this is how you kill things even harder O.o

What you are speaking of is the brutality of the killing, not the efficiency of it.

Dagger/Dual Daggers/Claws should be the most efficient at performing finishers in speed of execution, followed then by Glaive/Fist/Sparring, then Long Sword/Katana/Machette/Gunblade, then dual swords/sword and shield/nunchaku/tonfa/whip, and finally polearm/staff/hammer/heavy blade/scythe.

That being said, performing a standing finisher, if the target survives they should fall to the ground and open for a ground finisher as well.

Also finisher execution speed should be linked to attack speed.

When you've got such a maneuverable and precise instrument of execution like a knife and your target is in a perfectly vulnerable position, your target should be nothing but dead. He won't be drowning in his blood from his bludgeoned lungs, watching his life trickle away as blood pours out of everywhere his fragmented armour has punctured his body or blacking out from a caved skull.

Common mis-conception propagated by Hollywood fantasy.

Did you know a person can still function and fight with their heart punctured by a bullet (or a knife) for minutes?? Daggers and small nimble blades are great for dealing lethal damage.....but that doesn't mean INSTANTLY lethal. Even severing major arteries does not mean the person falls down and dies instantly.

So you're little knife slips through the ribcage and you aim it right and puncture the heart.....that target is still combat capable and can stab or shoot you back. Sure, they will die in a few minutes.....but does that matter if they kill or severely injury you before that?

Now, take that same target and use a large sword to cut the head off, or a hammer to crush the skull. Even if you just shatter arms and legs, they may take longer to eventually die, but they are no longer a threat. Can't shoot a person when your bones and tendons are broken and severed just like no matter how bad &#! a fighter you are, if both your kneecaps are shattered, you can't do much of anything.

Knife the base of the skull. Dead target. No fuss, no muss. Stab and move on.

True, true, but again, the argument is that a small blade will do MORE damage than a large blade. Stabbing the back of the neck and severing the spinal cord in one blow with a small dagger is not easy or assured. It could fail to sever the spinal cord or get stuck on a bone/cartilage. We should be able to agree that getting stabbed with a Dirk in the neck is not going to be as simple a "kill" move as say....using a claymore for the same location LMAO

True, true, but again, the argument is that a small blade will do MORE damage than a large blade. Stabbing the back of the neck and severing the spinal cord in one blow with a small dagger is not easy or assured. It could fail to sever the spinal cord or get stuck on a bone/cartilage. We should be able to agree that getting stabbed with a Dirk in the neck is not going to be as simple a "kill" move as say....using a claymore for the same location LMAO

I could see humans being that martially fallible.

I assert that all melee weapons should have the same finisher damage modifier. Simply, if a tenno has approached a completely unaware or otherwise defenseless target, it should not matter what that tenno is holding.

Common mis-conception propagated by Hollywood fantasy.

Did you know a person can still function and fight with their heart punctured by a bullet (or a knife) for minutes?? Daggers and small nimble blades are great for dealing lethal damage.....but that doesn't mean INSTANTLY lethal. Even severing major arteries does not mean the person falls down and dies instantly.

So you're little knife slips through the ribcage and you aim it right and puncture the heart.....that target is still combat capable and can stab or shoot you back. Sure, they will die in a few minutes.....but does that matter if they kill or severely injury you before that?

Now, take that same target and use a large sword to cut the head off, or a hammer to crush the skull. Even if you just shatter arms and legs, they may take longer to eventually die, but they are no longer a threat. Can't shoot a person when your bones and tendons are broken and severed just like no matter how bad ! a fighter you are, if both your kneecaps are shattered, you can't do much of anything.

Sounds like you're thinking of the dumb overused cinematic featured in more than just 'Hollywood fantasy' of a knife in the gut having some poor sod clinging desperately onto life long enough to say some last words to the protagonist before expiring and no, that's not what I'm asking for or you'd see me suggesting a new dagger stance that does like- idk forces a 2400% damage Slash proc on the stabbing combos or something. Yes, if you're doing something as crude as sliding a knife into a guy as though you were draining the blood from a crocodile thinking that it'd work, you probably deserve to be shot in return, thanks for making that more obvious I guess. And no, we still don't have proper decapitation and body-mangling finishers(probably because of Gore on/off option and lag from stretched body parts) so other weapons doing more damage aren't valid.

But oh hey, it seems Covert Lethality works for Finisher attacks again(barring grounded) so autoplay surgeon simulator actually functions properly. That's actually enough for me... IF THEY WOULD INCREASE DAGGER SPEED ALREADY NOW THAT FINISHER SPEED IS AFFECTED BY IT. Daggers are already ridiculously slow as they are, this just makes it even worse.

I could see humans being that martially fallible.

I assert that all melee weapons should have the same finisher damage modifier. Simply, if a tenno has approached a completely unaware or otherwise defenseless target, it should not matter what that tenno is holding.

For stealth finishers(and strictly stealth only), an instant-kill is fair I suppose(would be good for levelling mastery fodder or bringing freshly-Forma'd weapons up to performance again). For the other finishing moves, I'd sit with that fat 24x damage for all weapons(or maybe less, doesn't quite matter since even 1400% is an instant kill with many well-modded weapons).

Note that there is no logical sense in a small dagger being able to deal more damage than a large cleaver that is set on splitting bodies in half.

Then they should start on actually having us split people and things in half properly. There is about as much 'logical sense' in a damn Aklato cleaving enemies in half one second and a Scindo Prime just popping limbs off on the next finisher.