Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Gun Sounds Option

UseCorrosiveProjection

Dear DE sound team,

I have a suggestion that is to include a sound option for old gun sounds. Some of us do not like the new gun sounds that you added to our favourite weapons. If at all possible, we can switch between old and new sound in the options menu.

Sound is important in a game like warframe. Farming only gets worse when the weapon you are using sounds like crap and dosent give any refreshing moments like braton vandal did or Hek and grakata.

We care about sound, or at least I do, I would wish for guns to sound more satisfying to use, example: tigris (DONT U DARE TOUCH IT, IT SOUNDS JUST FINE RIGHT NOW!), regular soma, gorgon (before sound change). Dread.

If we lack "thunder" or satisfaction from using our weapons, it kinda makes the game stale and less enjoyable as every kill and every bullet that is fired does not give the same euphoria that it once did. That same euphoria that brings us back to weapons that may not be some other boltor prime or soma prime and still enjoy using it even though it is not top tier.

Please, implement this old gun sound option.

Edited by Symm3trIx

also be sure to mention that prisma versions all sound like bullS#&$ when firing, Gorgon feels like a jelly gun and Grakata is so fuggin loud it hurts my ears when I mash its trigger.. I dunno what is wrong with them having vanilla sounds tbh...

also be sure to mention that prisma versions all sound like bullS#&$ when firing, Gorgon feels like a jelly gun and Grakata is so fuggin loud it hurts my ears when I mash its trigger.. I dunno what is wrong with them having vanilla sounds tbh...

I dont think the gorgon or grakata sounds should be the same as the prisma version. But I think the sound should be better than the one we have now.

Prisma versions should be distinct from the non-prisma version.

Yeaaah....Some of these sound like waterguns now...

They got...Nerfed. :p

Braton vandal got nerfed 3 times already. including this sound nerf

I dont think the gorgon or grakata sounds should be the same as the prisma version. But I think the sound should be better than the one we have now.

Prisma versions should be distinct from the non-prisma version.

they shouldn`t sound like the vanilla, no, but close to them, at least sound like real guns, both sound like toy guns now, Gorgon especially

I've been asking for sound packs, art packs, and now graphic packs with the mess that void is with everything pbred.

Not only one weapon sounds but i want the old Corpus and Grineer dialogue. That was the best.

ps- oh and, DE, we dont care if you cant get all the new cool echo sound bounce-back thingy you get now from guns. We just want to hear the cool sounds we loved.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

^agreed, it feels way cooler fighting enemies whom u can understand their speeches.. but this gives it a unique feeling, rather have them talk to us in english, and Grineer amongst each other (i.e saying fall back or help or cover me in Grineer.... Tenno skoom too cuz I love it ;) and like die or careful or hey or u suck or **** you xD)

It was lower quality, but a lot more visceral. Sounded meaty. 

if so i`ll check... hopefully i won`t cry, but srsly, I`m not buying it with the new Hek sound, the gun feels like it breaks itself firing at the star t of the sound, and the end is meh, that sound should`ve been added on tigris or Sobek.... Hek with its old war cannon SFX was so cool

Hell YES. I would turn this on so freaking fast it would make your brain hurt.

I don't know WHY they think all these new sounds are "better" but they're not-- they're multitudes WORSE.

The Hek is the most recent perpetrator-- what once was a glorious bass boom is now a pathetic scratchy, bass-less whack. It's HORRIBLE. I hardly use the Hek anymore because of it, despite it being basically the best gun in the game.