Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Long Do You Think Warframe Will Last?

D.I.M.M.

I don't think they are going to make a Warframe 2. I remember reading something about how DE said they're just going to keep adding to Warframe and not make a sequel because of the time and money players might have spent in making their collection. It just wouldn't be fair if that happened.

there wont be a WF2. the WF we play will eventually become WF2- if not, DE will probably just move onto a completely different genre, or pass the WF franchise on to a next group to oversee. I doubt the same people want to work on WF for 10+ years. i give this group 2-3 years max before we start seeing major changeover.

Maybe 6-7 more years? Old players will feel bored and burned out at one point (it's only natural) and new players are the ones who are gonna prolong the game. If WF does not get recognized by prospective players, then I'd say 4-5 years more. That's only my opinion though.

Lol, this guy. I've been around since console release and the games gotten better. Most of my og friends feel the same way. They will pick up new dedicated fans as they go and as I've already seen, the same as they have since day one. Edited by (PS4)CrackFoxLegend

Warframe was 10+ years old before it ever got into player's hands so it's a passion project for DE.

For a small group to struggle that hard for that long to get it to players says a lot in itself.

As long as they continue to evolve and expand the game and it remains relevant, the market will be there regardless.

It's an amazing IP and DE will be able to do a lot with it long term if they manage it properly, imo.

I think of it like Robotech, Wing Commander, Gundam, or Mechwarrior... The fan base never diminishes.

If it's done right, it'll sell like hotcakes regardless.

There's always the possibility that the IP won't get treated right, of course... The Armored Core franchise is a great example of a great IP squandered.

It will eventually die likely within this decade. by then you could expect a new indie storm with something decent or DEs partners pushing too hard for a cash out as numbers stagnate. DE will eventually work on something different or inspired again by what they learned with warframe as they did dark sector. Possibly plan it out ahead while Warframe plateaus and wont just fly by the seat of their pants like they did warframe. Would be nice to have mechanics, setting and story developed at the same time instead of somehow launching a game on one phrase. Imagine what their passion could bring next time around.

Every single MMO style game I've ever played has had threads like this man.

Just enjoy the game and don't think about it. Because most games last. Warframe could end tomorrow, or it could end 10 years from now. Usually it is a process though, in which the community begins to die off, and it becomes a ghost of a game.