The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard To Find Rare Resources

Dallas

I know that rare resources are supposed to be rare, but ever since U8 I haven't found any. I farm bosses for their rare resource but instead I keep getting those stupid samples. I have no use for these things.

having a hard time?

then it's working

in all seriousness though, you're just having some bad luck

take a break from playing for a day

usually works for me

Edited by Guest

You guys don't seem to get what im saying. Im saying that they introduced another rare material so getting the already existing rare materials are even harder. Not to mention the samples are absolutely useless unless you're in a clan; which I am not.

To all the people spewing worthless dribble along the lines of "hurr durr you guise they're meant to be rare that's why they're called rare XD" Please go back and reread the op.

The problem is the samples were added to the loot table thus diminishing the odds of getting the rare materials which are now in GREATER demand thanks to new weapons and Forma BP

You guys don't seem to get what im saying. Im saying that they introduced another rare material so getting the already existing rare materials are even harder. Not to mention the samples are absolutely useless unless you're in a clan; which I am not.

To all the people spewing worthless dribble along the lines of "hurr durr you guise they're meant to be rare that's why they're called rare XD" Please go back and reread the op.

The problem is the samples were added to the loot table thus diminishing the odds of getting the rare materials which are now in GREATER demand thanks to new weapons and Forma BP

I do agree, i feel exactly the same.

I do think the number of boss drops could be increased AND categorized. rare mats and samples should be in different categories, so boss could drop 1 of each.

I don't have a problem with them, I just whack sonar and maxed rush and marathon onto my banshee and solo rush bosses. doesnt take more than 3 runs to get what I need. 

I do kill stuff on the way too.

It really rubs me the wrong way when I kill the only boss (J3-Golem) that can drop the part for the part for the warframe that takes 3.5 days to build, and he drops circuits. I actually get more blueprints from bosses than mats, and imo, it should be the other way around.

Add to that those new blue mats, and I'm gettin' fairly fed up doing the same map over and over. Oh, and the forma bp needs the same mat as the warframe part. ><

It really rubs me the wrong way when I kill the only boss (J3-Golem) that can drop the part for the part for the warframe that takes 3.5 days to build, and he drops circuits. I actually get more blueprints from bosses than mats, and imo, it should be the other way around.

Add to that those new blue mats, and I'm gettin' fairly fed up doing the same map over and over. Oh, and the forma bp needs the same mat as the warframe part. ><

Only took me two runs to get the neural sensors I needed today, maybe you just have bad luck.

I experienced this with my friend. We had to run up to J3-Golem, kill it, take a look at the drops and abort around ~50 times (calculating from the time used) before we could get neural sensors for him.  I think the clan drops might be in the same drop pool as the other drops, making everything else a bit more rare than it was before the dojo patch.

I wouldn't mind seeing a separate drop pool for all clan drops because there's a lot of people who don't benefit from those at all.

Edited by Inofor

don't waste your time farming for rare materials ..

play Alert Missions, you have no idea how much those rare components drop in alert missions.

as long as you loot everything you see you will get what you need and more.

trust me I tried it personally

It seems that the new drops for the research projects shuffled the drop rates a little around, as they are also can come from the same sources as the normal resources.

I don't know, however, if those blue ones have a own drop chance or are mixed into the exiting drop rates, reducing the chance of other pieces.

Edited by Second_Measure

play Alert Missions, you have no idea how much those rare components drop in alert missions.

I don't know about alert missions, as most of the time the PUGs you find in alert missions just want to rush. That makes it kinda hard to explore for resources, though I suppose I could try them solo.

As for rare components on bosses, I find that the new clan components are more common than the old rare ones. Since U8 I've found at least 2 clan components for every rare component I was farming for.

I always loot everything I see in alert missions. We communicate all drops though mumble to be sure. I pretty much never get neural sensors or control modules from alerts. I don't think alerts have a different drop rate of materials.