Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instant Level 30 On Warframes And Weapons

MonsieurBacon

Well, Faktum *is* the same person that said "I won't put any more money into this game until there is serious PvP," so please don't use them as an example of the rest of us in the council.

Edited by Gadgez

Man I remember when there were on-line shops offering level 99 characters for Diablo 2 for a hefty price. Question is- why would you do that? Why would you take the fun away from yourself? I understand that with the recent Forma addition that could seem like a good idea for certain players, but I think it would also contradict what DE had in mind when they added it. The recent live-stream and the one where they announced it would suggest this.

They'd be stepping into some pretty dangerous territory if they did that. I personally don't care... This game isn't PvP focused and if someone wants to skip the leveling experience, that's their choice I suppose. Plus, more money for DE to make updates.

I can imagine there'd be severe backlash if they did this though, so I don't see it happening.

Well, Faktum *is* the same person that said "I won't put any more money into this game until there is serious PvP," so please don't use them as an example of the rest of us in the council.

Ring the church bells ladies and gentlemen, I know who the Stalker is!

That would make the game P2W essentially.

Yes and no. The game is focused on PvE, so really, the person would only be ruining the experience for themselves. Of course, in the case of matchmaking and PvP in Dojos, there could be problems. 

That's why this is a little tricky. I think it'd be best for them to refrain from doing this.

Well, Faktum *is* the same person that said "I won't put any more money into this game until there is serious PvP," so please don't use him as an example of the rest of us in the council.

I remember a post ( unofficial Design Council ) about "mentos"...enough said :D

Ring the church bells ladies and gentlemen, I know who the Stalker is!

It was recent, that's all. I have a good memory, and I mentioned it in the Tenno skype group my friends and I have (which means I actually saw your post once more this morning) So no Stalker here, sorry to disappoint :)

Having disposable income doesn't mean you have good ideas and input, so the idea that paying money gives you influence over the game's development is either a very bad idea, or disingenuous of DE for leading someone to believe they'll be able to wield their Sephiroth sword in game for 250 dollars.

Edited by holdenmcclure

Yes and no. The game is focused on PvE, so really, the person would only be ruining the experience for themselves. Of course, in the case of matchmaking and PvP in Dojos, there could be problems. 

That's why this is a little tricky. I think it'd be best for them to refrain from doing this.

It would be a yes. How is instantly leveling up not winning? Regardless of if its PvE or PvP, he would be paying money for an advantage in the game.

It would be a yes. How is instantly leveling up not winning? Regardless of if its PvE or PvP, he would be paying money for an advantage in the game.

It could also be considered paying to NOT play the game at that. Why would you do it? Part of the thing when leveling a new warframe/weapon is learning how to use it, and trying the abilities.

I don't know what to say to the OP.

really you've spent cash and find your self UP?

why would any one want to buy level 30 gear on a game that's not pvp, and what will you do, all your gear is maxed (and like holy cow still in beta) when its a game about levelling the gear you play for.

once again me thinks this thread is another joke thread. not much of a laugh from me this time though.

I suppose in a simple sense, you're right, He would be paying, and he would be winning. But if that is how you look at it then the game is already pay-to-win.

I guess it just depends on what you define as pay-to-win. For me, if you can buy something in the game that can't be reached in any other way, that's pay to win. But you can get to the max level pretty fast already. Also, even if it does give him an advantage in the game, I *personally* don't care, because he's just fighting AI, not other players who have to deal with that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm against this idea. However, when you look at what happens when you purchase a weapon for example, you automatically get double the points for mods. Pay-to-win? I don't know, maybe. That's really up for the individual to decide.

I suppose in a simple sense, you're right, He would be paying, and he would be winning. But if that is how you look at it then the game is already pay-to-win.

I guess it just depends on what you define as pay-to-win. For me, if you can buy something in the game that can't be reached in any other way, that's pay to win. But you can get to the max level pretty fast already. Also, even if it does give him an advantage in the game, I *personally* don't care, because he's just fighting AI, not other players who have to deal with that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm against this idea. However, when you look at what happens when you purchase a weapon for example, you automatically get double the points for mods. Pay-to-win? I don't know, maybe. That's really up for the individual to decide.

For me, P2W is getting something without having to work for it. Like BF3, you can work your way up for rewards, or you can pay for better weapons. Same goes for this game.

Throw two new people into the game at the same time (first guy buys level 30, new guns, new frame, mods etc). Put them both into separate but equal missions. First one to complete it wins. Who is going to win? Now do the same with PVP between the two. Who is going to win? Put both players in the same mission, whoever gets the highest scores wins. Who is going to win?

Technically, any way you look at it. Being able to buy anything that isn't just for aesthetics, is pay to win in some way. It is giving you an advantage over others who do not pay in some form.

Edited by Pandemia

That really depends on your definition of winning. I've actually kinda wonder what kind of 'winning' people were talking about when they say Warframe is pay2win. For me, I've only 'won' the game once I've 30 ranked every frame and weapon. I guess by that definition with instant plat levelling I could pay to win, but that would defeat the purpose of the game would it not? There's not some magical thing you get in this game for 'winning,' therefore 'winning' only has what value you assign to it on your own terms. If someone pays for every frame and weapon at rank 30, they've essentially deprived themselves of the majority of the longevity of the game. Also, since there are no leaderboards for things like most weapons leveled in the game there is not reliable way for people who have to lord it over others. Thus that definition of 'winning' only really has value intrinsic to the act, with none of that value being extrinsic or seen by other players.