Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Guide To Banshee And Possibly Other Seldom Seen Frames.

Kryshok

Question

Okay since joining Warframe and the forums as well I've seen countless threads about is this frame any good etc. I've started this thread in the hopes to help answer these questions and by that letting players who use the seldom seen frames shed some light on how to use them, what weapons work well with them and so on. This thread is not about bashing this frame or that, so please leave that out, thank you.

What I will cover is Solo and Group uses of the frames powers etc. I will only suggest weapons that are easily obtainable in game, no prime weapons or limited editions or Syndicate weapons. This is a baseline on how the frame plays best for me at least.

My frame of choice is the obvious one Banshee her abilities I use often but depending if I'm soloing or in a group on how I use them. First up will be solo use and weapons I use most.

As to her powers...

Sonic Boom is a great clearout power to help you get mobs off of you and get control of the situation. I use in in both Solo and Group the same way.

Sonar has been blasted in the past for only turning a leg the energy color, solution is simple fire it a second time to give you multiple spots and usually the second one is the torso. In solo mode I only use this as needed or to help find enemies trying to hide since they glow after its use. Now in Group mode this one shines specially in the right group say a survival run with a Vaughban or a Mag. Use Sonar two or three times for multiple crits spots then have Mag pull them into Vaughban's Vortex and wath the crits fly.

Silence is the key power for Solo runs plain and simple, you want to keep it active the entire run because it stuns every enemy in range for a short time giving you the chance for first attack or to get past if needed. In Group it can help with the stun but not needed as much.

Sound Quake this one I use sparingly in both Solo and Group runs...mainly I use it in Solo if I get surrounded by a large group since they all will take a hit but can't hit me only the ones outsie the range can. In group it is good for Defense of a cryopod if you get next to it for some cover...this one is not a must use except if needed power.

As to Mods...for Aura I prefer the Energy Siphon since you will be using your powers on a regular basis so a constant refilling energy reserve is key. The rest you can tailor to your playstyle but I use a balance between mods for powers and health/shield mods.

Weapons are pretty easy to figure out. Since her powers are not huge damage dealers you balance it out here with strong offensive weapons.

Solo weapons, no mod breakdowns here this is just what works well with her kit.

Primary : Here I like using my Boltor with her since it does solid damage, some would say Soma would be better but I prefer the one hit kill power of my Boltor since it has 2 Forma and Punchthrough on it. But Bows are nice as well and with Silence active the less sound you make the better. If you like Shotguns as a primary then feel free to experiment but I have no comment since I rarely use them.

Secondary : Okay here is where I make my Secondary weapon balance my main. If I'm running a medium to long range weapon (Boltor,Soma,Bows etc) I prefer my Pyrana shotgun pistol for close range fighting. Plus with Sonar active all you need is one pellet to hit and bam big damage. Now if I am running a shotgun or a heavy weapon like the Ogris or Penta I use my Marelock since its like a rifle in pistol form. 

Melee : Here I like faster weapons such as Dual Zoren or my Dragon Nikana (reg Nikana will do) since you will be running Silnce a lot you will need Melee weapons capable of fast hits and solid damage.

Group weapons it really doesn't matter as much unless you're in a specific group then you can sort that out amongst yourselves.

Overall she is a soild frame but there is a bit of a learning curve unlike say Rhino to get to use her to her max potential. As to weapons I feel like a Latron works even better with her Silence mode since its a semi-auto but since i only have the prime variant I didn't list it. She is not a run and gun frame but that's the fun of Warframe you can play it in various ways.

Hopefully this helps shed some light on her and if you have questions feel free to ask away. Now anyone else has a seldo used frame feel free to post away and shed more light.

5 answers to this question

Thanks for posting this. There are some frames that may not be as popular as others, but they're still good if you know how to use them properly. I have a Banshee, and while I don't play her very often (since my Nova and Nova Prime do a lot of the higher-level missions), I still enjoy playing her when I do get around to it. 

For weapons, I guess I tend to use these (I'm only going to cover primaries):

Vectis: I probably use this one mostly when I'm playing solo, and can take my time to be stealthy and aim at the Sonar weakspots or can snipe quietly with Silence. Not recommended for dealing with Infested, or other large numbers of enemies, especially fast-moving ones. 

Soma, Soma Prime, or Paris Prime: For high-level missions/enemies, and for reliably delivering maximum damage on those Sonar weakpoints. When you've gotta do serious damage, and preferably quickly, in order to kill something. Good for void defenses or survivals where there are a lot of enemies. Also good against bosses: ping 'em with Sonar to get a weakspot, and then pour the damage in.

Latron Prime: Works for both solo or public missions. As with the others, it's accurate enough to hit those Sonar spots without much trouble. Its high RoF means that it's practically an automatic, so it can handle numbers or fast-moving targets better than the Vectis. 

Edited by Arvenski

Banshee players don't talk about Banshee on the forums. We know better than that..... :p

Also... Sonar currently stacks as is.. or is that because i've been running resonance for so long? :/

I run a power efficiency Banshee however. I find since i use Silence, and Sonar, i don't particularly need large pools of energy, or energy regen (comes in handy for higher difficulty missions, but her low armour makes her not suited for that height)

Sound Quake when allies are reviving teammates, instead of piling onto the revive :D

Also, the Resonance augment is awesome; her Sonic Boom augment is pretty cool as well. Armor removal can sometimes be a greater benefit than Sonar at high levels.

Melee Banshee, built with Savage Silence, is one of my favorite setups, especially when teammates have no idea what's going on. I have gotten yelled at for not using Sonar tho, which is unfortunate.

I would stick to a hitscan weapon, with either a high pellet count or a reasonably high RoF to pop Sonar bubbles. Punch through helps, more than it should due to some buggyness with the hitboxes. Ignis also complements Sonar well (especially with Resonance).