Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth Modding Shotguns For Status?

OldGodKing

Question

8 answers to this question

A thread I wrote a couple of days ago, with some testing.

HEK TESTING, OR THE POWER OF CORROSIVE PROCS

Note that shotguns have the potential to have a large number of procs per shot, but the damage of the effect is based on the damage per pellet, rather than the damage per bullet. This means damage procs are not very good, and status procs are better - but multiple status procs don't do anything, except Corrosive.

TLDR: Build for Procs when using Corrosive (add a touch of fire for the stun), otherwise just build for damage. The other procs are not worth worrying about, because they don't stack or don't deal very much damage.

I feel like just adding something I use for the Strun Wraith in particular: I run Corrosive/Blast with it, and the high status chance combined with the procs go extremely well considering how the gun operates. You have a long reload to get back to full, but usually a Blast proc happens alongside a Corrosive proc or two. This puts the target on the ground for a few seconds, during which time you can either lay into them for more Corrosive procs, or you reload as each shell will only take you about half a second with Seeking Fury equipped. Then if it stands back up, you put it back on the ground.

Works in the Void, and while it won't kill as fast as just a raw damage Tigris or Hek, it can put a lot of targets on the ground with their weaknesses showing from their armor being stripped off. It's excellent crowd control once you get the hang of it, and assuming you're not running solo other players with stronger guns can take advantage of it for high value targets like Bombards. I know you didn't mention it in your list of current shotguns, but it IS a shotgun which can be modded for Status, so I felt it relevant.

Edited by BlaineKodos

Even if you aren't able to reach 100% status chance?

Eh.

Build 1

Not 100% status

f7dofam.jpg

Build 2

100% status (note damage ratings are identical)

gAkwY0O.jpg

Shotgun status chance with less than 100% means chance "per pellet group" (multiples of base pellet count) that you'll get a proc.  With 100%, it means every pellet will proc.  I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Of course, status is only good if you have to use more than 1 shot to kill something.

On corrosive status, if you can kill something in 2 shots or less without it, its not worth having it. The armor is reduced and the next shot will have the new damage value, not the current shot.
As tested by unknown tenno "Shooting at the head, the damage numbers were: 325, 325, 325 (with corrosive proc), 414, 414"

Edited by X5934-078FR1