Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are The Syndicates Trying To Kill Us?

(PSN)Goldengeartwo

So here I am, a member of Steel Meridian and suddenly I'm being attacked by the Perrin Sequence. Why? I understand you don't get along with Steel Meridian but I'VE done nothing to you, I'm flying Meridian colours but that doesn't mean I'm going around killing Perrin Sequence members. Do they not think it's unwise to attack the Tenno considering they reside within the Tenno Relays?

And what about the Lotus? Would she let this fly, knowing the Syndicates are killing certain Tenno?

Edited by (PS4)Goldengeartwo

Man, pss. They love you too. Free (almost) affinity and blueprints that you can't obtain any other way. So it's fine.

They say rude things because they can't say any good to ya. It's too hard, you know.

"Take those free rollers and their blueprints... It... isn't like I like you or smth... b-baka."

Man, pss. They love you too. Free (almost) affinity and blueprints that you can't obtain any other way. So it's fine.

They say rude things because they can't say any good to ya. It's too hard, you know.

"Take those free rollers and their blueprints... It... isn't like I like you or smth... b-baka."

I suppose the benefits do outweigh the risks.

*Hugs Synoid Gammacor*

:3

Differences in ideology between the Syndicates, you sign up with one your perceived as a threat by the other.

Lotus' opinions on all these attacks are indeed something I've wondered about myself, and while I'm certain she's not okay with it I think there's a certain level of room she has to give them to maintain alliances. She's not letting them quarrel on the Relays, and if I recall Cordylon said there were strict punishments for doing so, so in-the-field conflict must be allowed in order to keep the Syndicates from trying to go "screw you, solosville!"

The relationship between the Tenno-Lotus-Syndicate bonds is likely more of a symbiotic give-and-take than a pure heartfelt alliance - I think they realize that they need the help of the others just as much, but ideals and whatnot cause for the borders of that little "we help each other" box to be a bit more fluid, pushed and pulled by minor conflicts that pop up and arise from time to time.

The lotus is an evil warlord who only cares about her end goal of controlling the solar system
Syndicates attack you because you're against their cause "If you're not with us, you're against us"
Since they don't really have a "home base" except for in the relay, there's no place for lotus to send us to to attack "the leaders" since a relay is neutral ground.

Think about it for a bit, their "death squads" are very easy to kill for a squad sent to destroy you. Now think about how sometimes people flirt with each other by teasing each other. I reckon that their "death squads" are more of a love letter sent to the tenno to show how much they still care about us even tho we are "enimies" That's right suda <3 I'm on to you.

Think about it for a bit, their "death squads" are very easy to kill for a squad sent to destroy you. Now think about how sometimes people flirt with each other by teasing each other. I reckon that their "death squads" are more of a love letter sent to the tenno to show how much they still care about us even tho we are "enimies" That's right suda <3 I'm on to you.

Ew, I'll never love those filthy Perrin Sequence or New Loka :/

I've been wondering this as well. You'd think that killing the people you rely on would be considered counterproductive. I wish the syndicate death squads weren't a thing.

We could litterally start shooting them up in the relays if we were able to. I would go into the Perrin Sequences room with my 3 forma Tonkor and be all "ya'll dun goofed".

Edited by (PS4)Goldengeartwo

If I don't mistake did'nt DE said that each syndicate will be on different relay ?

Also you're supporting one side , so instead of try'ng to corrupt you they just want to send you an army of rollers sometime...

What I don't understand is when there is others syndycate in my squad and they get attacked by my syndicate , why they are also attacking me , and why I'm able to kill them also?

I hope we could have the opportunity to kill them back in U18/19. That would fix those space hippies sending their hyper infested after me.

Kinda want some assassinate missions based on syndicates with high reward.

But personally I just want the kill the Red Veil leader. Kinda getting sick of his edgy threats and constantly telling me to stop showing everyone his sonic OCs on deviantart.

Edited by Makairi

Because the syndicates are well aware the tenno are functionally immortal. Most of the Syndicate assasins are more of annoying enemies than legitimate threats. They're trying to get you to screw up, because they know that killing you literally achieves nothing.

Red Veil has literally a swarm of parastic exima. Steel meridian sends a swarm of rollers (Stagger for days, though they usually don't get close enough). New loka sends a bunch of big damage sponges with CC. Cephalon Suda hits you where she knows hit hurts (By hoovering up your drops). My guess is that Perrin just sort of cheaps out and Hexis is insulting you (in a roundabout way) by sending what they think you are, a mindless warrior.

Edited by Tostov

You are wearing the colors for an opposing gang. It's literally gang violence.

It's a step beyond that, really. A syndicate in this context is more than a crime ring, it's an organized crime ring, a mafia spanning several markets and working under legal business fronts (well, for a certain definition of "legal"; the world of Warframe doesn't exactly have central governments anymore). In layman's terms it's still gang colors, I'm not arguing that, but it's a step beyond street gangs. It's basically the same thing the Corpus and Grineer do to each other, but with back-alley thugs instead of battlecruisers

It's a step beyond that, really. A syndicate in this context is more than a crime ring, it's an organized crime ring, a mafia spanning several markets and working under legal business fronts (well, for a certain definition of "legal"; the world of Warframe doesn't exactly have central governments anymore). In layman's terms it's still gang colors, I'm not arguing that, but it's a step beyond street gangs. It's basically the same thing the Corpus and Grineer do to each other, but with back-alley thugs instead of battlecruisers

They are closer to the Gangsters of the early 1900s than modern gangbangers, but both are still gangs.