Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syandanas Progress (Grineer Themed)

I am a huge fan of the Grineer but never really found the Grineer themed Syandana to be completely satisfactory. I guess Syandanas are meant to be fluid and flowing while the part I love about Grineers is that they are bulky and rough by design. So that's like an oxymoron I guess.

So i dunno. just a concept I drew up, using details from the Gorgon rifle and the Roller as a guide. Hopefully the visual elements fit in mostly. I scacrificed some of the flowing elements and added more mass to be more like a backpack type thing but really, the ratio can be dialed back and forth to suit the need. Might need tweaking in this regard

jTuksea.jpg

Concept-wise, it is a backpack gear for long range communication for Grineer recon/scouts...if those things even exist. 

I should be putting it through ZBrush soon. Structurally, it isnt that complicated.

If more cosmetic items become available for modding, I would love to do the complete set with shoulderpads(with utility pouches and knife)and comm headset(with earpiece and pic) but for now it's just this. And maybe someday when weapons become user-creatable, I'll do a recon-type assault rifle to go with it. 

and...thats about it.

UPDATE 001
4Zrrgxy.jpg

So just a Zbrush sculpt. Looks about right. I always have a trouble when translating 2D concept to 3D but this time, it looks about right. Some details have been changed from the original but it is mostly the same. Now it is just about tightening the details more and more until it is of a quality standard. 

Edited by tentacleface762

It looks very promising!! But for a scout unit, I would choose green instead of blue, as scouts require cammouflage to hide in the enviroment. In any case, the concept rocks!

There is more blue in a grineer and corpus ships than green, and the blue is sampled from an actual grineer's armour. 

OT: Looks Interesting. I feel like it could use a bit more tubing or maybe a strap wrapped around / hanging from the left part that sticks outwards.