Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Every Time Another Frame Gets A Pbr Pass, I Get Annoyed

Telogor

Before PBR, Frost Prime had 4 color regions.  After, he has 3 color regions and a spot to tint his shiny bits.

Before PBR, my Frost Prime looked awesome in the Fire pack's charcoal grey, the closest thing to black you can get without the Smoke palette.  After, even Smoke's black is a terrible-looking slate grey, and my rich-black Izvara syandana puts Frost Prime to shame.

It's the same with all other PBR skins.  They look pretty decent, but when you try to put darker colors on them, they look terrible.  Ever since the release of the Prisma Excalibur skin, all the PBR passes have ended with the washed-out dark colors that end up looking much worse than the pre-PBR equivalent.  Worse, all Prime frames end up with only 3 color regions for people who want to keep the shiny bits gold.

So what you are saying is that everyone should comply to your tastes and the devs should backtrack their work into favoring you. Good riddance. 

Regardless, if the tenno gen workshop is to work, it could mean that there might end up being a skin that will spark your interest and bring back your "style".

The devs almost talked about adding a 5th color during the livestream.

i think we all know 5 still won't cut it :p

besides, if you're going to rewrite the core of something to increase the number of Color Tints, you might as well have like, 10, 20, whatever and have them go unused on most Equipment rather than still not having enough after spending time working on that system!

Edited by taiiat

Akker, it's not just my tastes.  *Any* color darker than about 40% value looks bad with the PBR material DE uses for the Warframes.  It's a step in the wrong direction.  It's not a flaw with the PBR system, because the U17 syandanas all use PBR, and the Izvara and Uyadat look incredible with the dark colors.