Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe 40K

connorpistol

Butchers would be fast attack or a heavy hitting unit.

Neeever played 40k and don't essentially understand the mechanics so-to-speak, so maybe I'm not in the CORRECT position to say this?

I CAN say, though, that Butchers are not particularly faster than their lancer comrades in any sense. Definitely in the Heavy Hitting category.

-snip-

Grineer: -

Grineer regular units should have a 3+ / 4+ armour save.

Heavy / Bombard 2+ / 3+ armour save.

Bombard have a 1inch explosion on hit - Chance to roll for Knockdown

Napalm the same as Bombard but chance to roll for fire

Rollers have immunity to rough terrain with a chance to stagger on hit

Seekers can summon latchers 

Latchers have a turn delay before detonating dealing damage.  Rolling to remove latching uses a movement phase

Scorpion have a hit chance to drag a unit to itself - 3+ / 4+ to hit. Units dragged should have a chance to recover before being dragged based of a Recovery rating - 6+ being the min so any unit has a CHANCE to recover from the roll.  If a unit has recovered and has no recovery rating then a D6 roll to determine distance travelled based on every 6 inch segment

Shield Grineer can use a shooting phase to charge at a unit within 6inches and knockdown.

Corpus :-

Every Corpus Humaniod unit has half there health as shield - No armour saves.

Shield regenerates 1/4 of its hp each turn after a turn of not taking damage.

Shield Drones increases All units within 6/8 inches with an extra 50% shield.

Shockwave Moas can use a Shooting phase to ground slam and knockdown all units within an 6/8 inch radius

Rail Moas can pierce One enemy with an +1 to wound on the second unit

Oxium Drones roll a Scatter Die to determine direction if damaged more then 50% of there HP to dash 12 inches.  If Dash collides with an object or person explodes for light damage in a 1/2 inch radius.

Anti Moas Roll a scatter die and a D6 to determine where the 1 inch knockdown will land - Only bounces once

Nullifiers Have half of the regular units HP in the 6/8 inch bubble.  Takes a turn to recharge like normal shields.

Thats ideas I got so far to give you a starting point =P

Neeever played 40k and don't essentially understand the mechanics so-to-speak, so maybe I'm not in the CORRECT position to say this?

I CAN say, though, that Butchers are not particularly faster than their lancer comrades in any sense. Definitely in the Heavy Hitting category.

And the next question comes... what about the Tyrin- Infestation

Lancer Squad and Butchers - I could see them for Troops.

Elite Lancer Squad, Scorpions - well, they could fir for Elites

Hellions, Flamesblades and Drahks could go for Fast Attack

Heavy Gunners and Bombard/Napalms - Heavy Support

Eviscerators, Scorches, Troopers, Seekers could be like special weapons in some squads.

Also, Tyranid player here!

Lancer Squad and Butchers - I could see them for Troops.

Elite Lancer Squad, Scorpions - well, they could fir for Elites

Hellions, Flamesblades and Drahks could go for Fast Attack

Heavy Gunners and Bombard/Napalms - Heavy Support

Eviscerators, Scorches, Troopers, Seekers could be like special weapons in some squads.

Also, Tyranid player here!

i dont play 'Nids.

also dont forget about the Grineer Leaders.

Tyranids are fun, if you can handle moving 100+ models for every game. Also, they are really hard to play, except some meta choices.

Well, grineer commander can be like sergeants in squads and there could be a separate Grineer commander squad for HQ. Also, all of Bosses for HQ characters. And if we will follow modern tendentions, we need some Formations.

Something like Grineer Strike Force - 1 Grineer Commander Squad, 3-6 Lancer or Butchers Squads in any combination, 0-2 Elite Lancers or Scorpions, 0-1 Heavy Support Teams. All squads in formation have rerolls on Morale test and can buy upgrades/special weapons for free.

Oh, and for mandatory nowdays Lord of War choice we could take Hek Terra Form

Edited by Idalgos

As for vehicles, Archwing enemies could be fliers (I think some could be jetbikes). I don't think Grineer should be tougher than Astartes (given how easily a Tenno kills Lancers, if Lancers are tougher than Marines a Tenno would wipe the floor with a Primarch :P)

As a Tau player, I think the Corpus would play more like Necrons than Tau. Tau are about long-range firefights and maneuvering; Necrons run forward and shoot things. Corpus are more like that latter of the two.

Did DE release files that you can 3d print, or are you making your own models?

Grineer: -

Grineer regular units should have a 3+ / 4+ armour save.

Heavy / Bombard 2+ / 3+ armour save.

2+ Save would assume terminator esque levels of armour.

A better representation would be to give all Grineer 3+ saves but Lancers have toughness 3, Heavy units have toughness 4/5. Use both stats together to represent more resilent units.

Also I feel the style of warframe would better suit the necromanda rules on a space hulk style map.

We dont normally have the "Pitched battle" style open maps to fight on. We always fight at what would be close ranges by 40k standards.

I play Warhammer 40k alot, and me and my friends are pitching together money to 3D print models for the game. We want to make either corpus or Grineer models for the army, for our own use only. I am starting to write the codex now. Does anybody have any suggestions of how the Grineer should work? We were conjecturing REALLY good armor saves but easy to wound. Probably give grakatas Salvo 2/3.

What do any of you play 40k think/suggest?

Wouldn't they be space marines? 

Heavy armor, zealously follows their twin queens (emperor),Cloned (gene seed). Heavily augmented with cybernetics, brainwashed into complete loyalty.

Or maybe chaos?

Edited by Sakatchi

Wouldn't they be space marines? 

Heavy armor, zealously follows their twin queens (emperor),Cloned (gene seed). Heavily augmented with cybernetics, brainwashed into complete loyalty.

Or maybe chaos?

Well their cloned flesh is weak and failing as opposed to the superhuman marines. They are making up for this through armor and maybe a little cybernetic FNP here and there

As for vehicles, Archwing enemies could be fliers (I think some could be jetbikes). I don't think Grineer should be tougher than Astartes (given how easily a Tenno kills Lancers, if Lancers are tougher than Marines a Tenno would wipe the floor with a Primarch :P)

As a Tau player, I think the Corpus would play more like Necrons than Tau. Tau are about long-range firefights and maneuvering; Necrons run forward and shoot things. Corpus are more like that latter of the two.

Did DE release files that you can 3d print, or are you making your own models?

We are making our own model by referencing the in-game warframe codex for the shape+look.

It's DE's itellectual property so this just for use within my group sadly.

You would be right on one of those sentences :)

The idea of fast attack in Warhammer 40k is someone able to (usually) move fast and either close with the enemy quickly or skirt around them. "Heavy hitting" is actually "heavy support which is tanks and mech walkers so... not exactly.

Thanks for trying though!