Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was Your First Ever Thread You've Made On The Internet?

EternalOdyessy

The earliest I can find one was on the TF2 forums...two years ago.

Wow.

I was pretty antisocial for a while. 

It was a thread that got existing TF2 weapons and gave them serious overload to stats- but someone actually got the entire thread wrong and thought I was whining about the game...

Even though the thread didn't even last long, I feel oddly nostalgic about it.

Probably because I one of my best friends through that forum.

Edit: Fixed a grammar error. How the heck did I not notice "long" when I meant "wrong"?

Edited by EternalOdyessy

Considering that this would have been 18 years ago...

I think the first thread I ever created would have been 1997/1998 on a "the internet is going to be the best thing ever! we're going to have virtual cities where you can design a house and meet people!" site that died suddenly at the end of the .Com Bubble.

Lots of material circa 1999 would have been on the official Mechwarrior 3 forums, which is now completely dead and gone.  The earliest threads I can still find and identify as my own are circa 2001 on another defunct Mechwarrior-related sit

Edited by Momaw

First thread I made was in killzone forums, back when one was the latest out, 2 looked amazing but turned out to be a fake CGI trailer of quality they have only managed to achieve an entire console generation later, after a portable spinoff, a disappointing sequel, a third entry I've been avoiding like the plague, and another handheld title that was still better than 2 or 3.