Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnet/ammo Pickup Exilus Mod To Replace Carrier

DarkRaistlin26

I was just wondering if this has ever been suggested or if its already in the works to make a Exilus mod to replace the Carriers vacuum. The Carrier would still have its place when people want to use their Exilus mods for other abilities, I just think it would be a nice option to allow people to use pets other than the Carrier, at the moment it seems atleast 90% of the people you come across have a Carrier for vacuum.

I think what makes carrier's vacuum so controversial among devs is that ability to suck up health, ammo and power as you go along, but I use carrier all the time because I don't want to have to stop playing to pick up loot. I would gladly give up the combat help if I didn't have to chase loot.

Give me an exilus mod (or whatever) that vacuum's just creds, mods, resources, blueprints, etc etc. Stuff that has NO BEARING WHAT SO EVER on actually fighting enemies. Grey area being affinity pickups (due to procs) which I would ask that it pick up, but it wouldn't break my heart if it didn't.

Primed Thief's Wit

First 5 ranks = loot radar.

Second 5 ranks = loot vacuum?

Evens / odds?

seems atleast 90% of the people you come across have a Carrier for vacuum.

They've posted charts showing sentinel / kubrow usage and it's really not that biased towards any particular companion. I think Carrier was actually, technically the most used but only by a teeny tiny margin. IIRC it was like 15% then with several others at 13-14% around the pie chart so it was pretty even.

We should just have a small vaccuum radius naturally. Carrier's range can be higher, sure. Let it still have a purpose. But we should have a radius so the difference isn't so stark and undesirable. Many people just ignore every other option because Carrier is easy mode for grabbing pickups without moving compared to having to have your model touch the loot specifically. And while we're dealing with the range, I think Chesa should have much higher retrieval range than Carrier, with the difference coming from the fact Chesa takes time to get the items.

I like to crash down out of orbit and 360 no scope my loots and zoom back up to outer space.

They need better sentinel stuff for other stuff. The deth cube sux. Is it a microwave? The scanner dude is kinda cool I like it has a melee, should be silent. The dijinn has to be broken nobody uses it. I want to work, the idea is fantastic. Wyrm is good. If you get hooked he will save you by knocking down the ancient or whoever. The new jelly fish thing is good. I guess. Shade is junk and a jerk.

Honestly it'd be much better for de to just make all companions come with a default vacuum effect (like in most games) and just alter the functions of the current companions that were based on loot retrieval. I've never felt the looting situation in this game ideal, for something that preaches its dynamic and fast paced gameplay, requiring players to take frequent pauses to make sure they haven't missed a piece of loot always seemed quite counter-intuitive, and I feel it just draws away from the better aspects of the game that DE and we are quite proud of. 

The issue is the laziness is SO much more effective than being active.

its just part of nature.

Personally I think carrier isn't the issue, its the other sentinels. Their ability doesn't interest people. So many are for killing enemies which we can already do.

I think DE should look at giving other companions more unique passives. I.e. I use Helios as my second most used due to it scanning.