Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person Please!

Ashlantir

There's no way you can "Easily" create a PBR treatment for every single weapon/skin of the game out of nowhere without a huge amount of time and without suddently creating more lag/bug that you couldn't of seen coming.

Let say that rolling,bullet jumping don't move your camera then what. You just jump foward and lose sight of 90% of what you could've seen with the regular third person view?

Let say that melee is not moving the camera the slightlest, would you want to risk fighting an enemy in close quarter and once again lose 90% of your field of view because your camera litteraly clip in the mobs body.?

Skyrim character have limited speed and camera manipulation, same for GTA, the action isn't nearly as packed. You don't get to kill 50 enemies in 2 minutes.

Of course De could "Fix" whatever they want... It would probably take what 2-3 maybe four month of warframe getting shutdown because of how unplayable it would be :L. Then you'd get like 90% of the playerbase leaving the game because of how unbearable the settings are.

That is why it should be optional.

No it was a computer generated video done by one of my ex co-workers.

Everything was done in flash, basically in order for it to be an FPS you would have to give a PBR to almost all of the weapons in the game and once again it would be as clunky to move around in as brink. Parkor FPS games are super clunky, even when they are well received like mirror's edge.

Also GTV might be well received but that doesnt mean it's coding isn't as shotty as Widows ME.

again, it is a game, and the game was made by its developers. what your ex co-worker made is what you describe as a flash. game developers have the time and technology to make the game better.

and what if they had to create more PBR detail? they never really haft to. plus, im sure they have 3d models of each weapon in separate files. its all in the mater of zooming and enhancing the pixels. the FPS camera would catch the depth of the gun as well, so the developers do not haft to focus on that. as mentioned before, its all in the mater of display.

anything can be edited and anything can be added so long as the game has a code. im sure if the parkour camera flow was "clunky" the devs could just fix it, or found a way around the situation. DE is well known for there constant updates.

again, it is a game, and the game was made by its developers. what your ex co-worker made is what you describe as a flash. game developers have the time and technology to make the game better.

and what if they had to create more PBR detail? they never really haft to. plus, im sure they have 3d models of each weapon in separate files. its all in the mater of zooming and enhancing the pixels. the FPS camera would catch the depth of the gun as well, so the developers do not haft to focus on that. as mentioned before, its all in the mater of display.

anything can be edited and anything can be added so long as the game has a code. im sure if the parkour camera flow was "clunky" the devs could just fix it, or found a way around the situation. DE is well known for there constant updates.

That's well said.

They do have all the time they want to develop such a thing. I'm sure with the team they have it wouldn't be much of a challenge. I know that they would be able to do it in a few months. It's not like they haven't done stuff that seemed ridiculous in the past. With every update they come out with some way to astound us all.

Listen, first person camera would just slow down the whole gameplay itself. That's what you don't seem to understand. We're not playing call of duty or gta or even skyrim. The pace is completly different.

The Dev already said no because of the known impact that it would have on the game.

More PBR details means, more pixel optimisation, more lag, if zooming and enhancing pixels on every single items of the game was that easy then, why don't you seek that job and waste 4 maybe 5 month doing so while DE actually make game content. If you want a weapon aiming, you need a better reticule, a recoil set on the camera, an actual sight on the weapon, a different scaling for every weapon as some are huge.

You want to put your camera on the side and have an extended zoom where you don't even see the weapon to fix that? Oh no problem just need to fix the rolling option ( since now you have to aim in the direction you want to roll ) the bullet jumping option ( since it follows your reticule it should be hard if your camera is not set propelly ) and maybe even forget half of the decent ability mechanic that we have.

Having two set of gameplay makes it more limited on what content will or will not go in the game.

Having to revisit all of the warframe ability so that they don't look like a cheap cloud of smoke when you summons them from the first person field of view while generating enemies on a large scale is probably not gonna affect those with a bad computer at all.

We're not gonna forget that if you change something on one ability for first person immersion and it looks stupid on the third person then the playerbase won't be happy.

There's an infinity of reason why DE couldn't and wouldn't put First person in the game and I'm not gonna name them all. If the whole thing is soo easy, you may want to consider creating your own game without having it be a ripoff from any other known release.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

What of the increase in file size? As far as I am aware a first person view would require additional models, animations, and such for every single weapon in the game so they could be displayed to the player using them in first person. There's what- 200 weapons gibe or take in this game? Not everyone has the drive space to spare for something like this.

you basically need to rebuild the whole game for that

You wouldn't need to do that at all. The amount of work you'd have to do on the engine is "almost none" - a couple lines of code in a couple different places. The real question is would they need to make new art assets for the first person view? Because if so, that's a substantial amount of work.There are two ways to do first person:

The first is to put the camera inside of the player's head, flag the player's model as invisibile to the player's client, and then slap arm and weapon animations over top of the camera. This is how 99% of all first person games you've ever played do it. When you see your own arms, you are not seeing what other players see; you are seeing something that is specific to YOUR camera that has been finely tuned to look good in first person perspective.

The second is to place the camera outside of the player's head (so there's no clipping), and then call it a day. This means that the player is seeing the exact same animations everyone else is seeing. The problem with that is sometimes animations which look good in third person will look downright nauseating in first person.

They will never do the first, because that is a substantial amount of work; involves making tons of new models and animations. I would be interested in seeing them try the second; maybe a joke tactical alert that forces the player to play in first person mode and see how it stands up to the playerbase's tastes. If people like it, polish it up and bring it back as a formal option.

Wasn't flash, it was actually a program called enigma that did it, it's a simulator program not something like flash.

I work as a coder, I even own a contact company for programmers and coders.

The amount of work that would have to be put into the game is rediculous.

I can make a simulated program for you to see, it will take me around 4000 hours of coding to do it though.

And yes they'd have to do PBR to just about everything.

I like taking hard jobs no one will, I wouldn't touch a job like this with a 50 foot pole. It's not worth it and no joke would make the game unplayable in first person.

Too much has to be changed and even then the best we could get is something like skyrim and if you've ever played that game in third person you know how much you were missing out on.

You wouldn't need to do that at all. The amount of work you'd have to do on the engine is "almost none" - a couple lines of code in a couple different places. The real question is would they need to make new art assets for the first person view? Because if so, that's a substantial amount of work.There are two ways to do first person:

the couple lines of code would probably equal to around 150,000 lines actually, and it would probably require more.

Few lines of code is just to have your clan name be there.

Edited by (XB1)Blut Fatal

There's no way you can "Easily" create a PBR treatment for every single weapon/skin of the game out of nowhere without a huge amount of time and without suddently creating more lag/bug that you couldn't of seen coming.

Let say that rolling,bullet jumping don't move your camera then what. You just jump foward and lose sight of 90% of what you could've seen with the regular third person view?

Let say that melee is not moving the camera the slightlest, would you want to risk fighting an enemy in close quarter and once again lose 90% of your field of view because your camera litteraly clip in the mobs body.?

Skyrim character have limited speed and camera manipulation, same for GTA, the action isn't nearly as packed. You don't get to kill 50 enemies in 2 minutes.

Of course De could "Fix" whatever they want... It would probably take what 2-3 maybe four month of warframe getting shutdown because of how unplayable it would be :L. Then you'd get like 90% of the playerbase leaving the game because of how unbearable the settings are.

first of all, dont quote things unless it is clearly displayed in the text box you quoted.

second, warframe hasnt had a history of bugging out in a while. the main problem there is just bad internet.

third, those are some awfully big numbers. don't you think your over exaggerating a bit? you have at least 180 degrees of horizontal view.

forth, clipping is nothing, and would not effect as much gameplay as you think. again, it is a game. if it were an issue, than the devs can fix it.

fifth, ever used elemental fury? the camera matches the speed very well.

finally, you cannot predict the future, especially dark ones. your really over exaggerating when you say that the devs would shut down warframe for this one concept over the millions they've done before.

if you don't like the FPS view so much, than why play it in the first place. i would imagine it being optional.

The first is to put the camera inside of the player's head, flag the player's model as invisibile to the player's client, and then slap arm and weapon animations over top of the camera. This is how 99% of all first person games you've ever played do it. When you see your own arms, you are not seeing what other players see; you are seeing something that is specific to YOUR camera that has been finely tuned to look good in first person perspective.

The second is to place the camera outside of the player's head (so there's no clipping), and then call it a day. This means that the player is seeing the exact same animations everyone else is seeing. The problem with that is sometimes animations which look good in third person will look downright nauseating in first person.

They will never do the first, because that is a substantial amount of work; involves making tons of new models and animations. I would be interested in seeing them try the second; maybe a joke tactical alert that forces the player to play in first person mode and see how it stands up to the playerbase's tastes. If people like it, polish it up and bring it back as a formal option.

That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind seeing that either

first of all, dont quote things unless it is clearly displayed in the text box you quoted.

second, warframe hasnt had a history of bugging out in a while. the main problem there is just bad internet.

third, those are some awfully big numbers. don't you think your over exaggerating a bit? you have at least 180 degrees of horizontal view.

forth, clipping is nothing, and would not effect as much gameplay as you think. again, it is a game. if it were an issue, than the devs can fix it.

fifth, ever used elemental fury? the camera matches the speed very well.

finally, you cannot predict the future, especially dark ones. your really over exaggerating when you say that the devs would shut down warframe for this one concept over the millions they've done before.

if you don't like the FPS view so much, than why play it in the first place. i would imagine it being optional.

He's closer to the truth than you are about time frames and difficulty.

And this game was massively buggy for almost 3 years, it's still stupidly buggy but at least it's getting better.

He's closer to the truth than you are about time frames and difficulty.

And this game was massively buggy for almost 3 years, it's still stupidly buggy but at least it's getting better.

It actually isn't that buggy on PC.

Edited by Ashlantir

you basically need to rebuild the whole game for that

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Moving the camera position from where it is now to a center line, and moving it forward past the head would be more then enough.

I simply don't need to see my damn Frame on screen, in the way of everything I'm shooting at, all the damn time.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Moving the camera position from where it is now to a center line, and moving it forward past the head would be more then enough.

I simply don't need to see my damn Frame on screen, in the way of everything I'm shooting at, all the damn time.

Not with the current weapons.

Have you tried playing the game with FoV as close as possible? It's highly annoying and you miss justs and objects frequently.

I just don't see why people think its such a big deal. I like the earlier idea of just randomly trying it in an alert just for kicks, then get some feedback from everyone about what they think. If its good, then work on making it a more stable aspect of the game. Just make it optional for all the 3rd person players. That way those of use that actually like fps can have it for the heck of it.

That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind seeing that either

That is not the actual problem. The issue that DE has at the moment is that apparently, from some angles, the animations "break".

If you have ever been accidentally stuck in "first person" before - I have a bunch of times - some things seem positioned to hide things.

kHeA6IE.jpg

Like the fact the beams don't connect properly.

I'd just like a version of this with my Frame not visible.

L5kg90w.jpg

That is not the actual problem. The issue that DE has at the moment is that apparently, from some angles, the animations "break".

If you have ever been accidentally stuck in "first person" before - I have a bunch of times - some things seem positioned to hide things.

kHeA6IE.jpg

Like the fact the beams don't connect properly.

I'd just like a version of this with my Frame not visible.

L5kg90w.jpg

This one the reasons why I know what it;s like. This happens to me all the time.