Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person Please!

Ashlantir

Has the question of "why is there not a first person view" ever been brought up? I would really like it if we could get that going. I love WF. I have spent over 1000 hours on it since I started at the beginning of the year,and I have always wanted to have the option of a fps to go with this game. It's pretty much the only game I ever play anymore. Having this option would make me thrilled with the game than I already am. Thank so much for the hard work you have put into this game DE! You are all awesome!

That would be cool to have it so it follows the eyes of the tenno. That way you would see the flips and the spins. Or when you do a spinning combo have it switch to 3rd person to show you what you are doing then when the spinning is over back to 1st person.

you basically need to rebuild the whole game for that

They are pretty much rebuilding the whole game anyways with all the new updates and changes.

If they did this, they would be able to bring in so many more players. My brother doesn't play the game because he can't stand 3rd person. I know there are many others that are of the same mind. It would also give such and interesting twist on the combat and what could be done with it.

Because the control would be kinda different?
Your field of view would be greatly reduced thus removing a lot of your efficiency ingame.
Camera sensibility would kinda screw up and give you headaches from another world really.
Some abilities will definitely be harder to maintain?
More close animation/skin treatment/ closequarter view clipping = More work, more lag, more bug.
Rolling would make a lot of people throw up. Bullet jump spinning would make you dizzy,
Wall latching could be a bit better I guess.
Melee would almost never work q.q it's already hard to even keep meleeing in third person as it takes much more time and 360 spin around the target :L Not to mention 360 spinning combo and fast fowarding melee animation.

They are pretty much rebuilding the whole game anyways with all the new updates and changes.

Doesn't mean that they have to give us one year of headaches and bug fixes again to change the whole game to first person and make the whole thing unbearable... They'd have to review the entire set of abilities... Make sure that all camera set aren't clipping incorrectly, make sure that basic animation doesn't block your field of view, put a aiming on every weapon even if all of them are of different size.

Basically add, add and add over and over again until the game is soo laggy that you can't even walk straight anymore.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Your field of view would be greatly reduced thus removing a lot of your efficiency ingame.

Camera sensibility would kinda screw up and give you headaches from another world really.

More close animation/skin treatment/ closequarter view clipping = More work, more lag, more bug.

Rolling would make a lot of people throw up. Bullet jump spinning would make you dizzy,

Melee would almost never work q.q it's already hard to even keep meleeing in third person as it takes much more time and 360 spin around the target :L Not to mention 360 spinning combo and fast fowarding melee animation.

Doesn't mean that they have to give us one year of headaches and bug fixes again to change the whole game to first person and make the whole thing unbearable... They'd have to review the entire set of abilities... Make sure that all camera set aren't clipping incorrectly, make sure that basic animation doesn't block your field of view, put a aiming on every weapon even if all of them are of different size.

Basically add, add and add over and over again until the game is soo laggy that you can't even walk straight anymore.

That's why I'm thinking for the spinning moves have the camera zoom out to make it less of a heart attack risk for people. And less time bent over the toilet.

And as for the detail, they already have the visuals plenty high enough for that. I can't imagine that the lag would be as bad as all that.

I also just think it would be good to add in as a side deal. So you can use 3rd or 1st person.

Edited by Ashlantir

you basically need to rebuild the whole game for that

not at all, take the highly rated GTAV for next gen consoles. they basically "added" a camera to the face of your character. somtimes, the camera didn't respond to the head animation of your character, and that was a good thing. it meant the the your were in deed not controlling the neck and head movement of the character, but the camera instead. you could look completely behind your character and the animation wouldn't follow unless you walked that direction.

for intense spins in warframe, id imagine that the camera would just loop down on rolls and just keep looking forward once an attack animation is triggered.

simple four-arm animations would also be added in front of the camera as well, but only for your camera to see.

not at all, take the highly rated GTAV for next gen consoles. they basically "added" a camera to the face of your character. somtimes, the camera didn't respond to the head animation of your character, and that was a good thing. it meant the the your were in deed not controlling the neck and head movement of the character, but the camera instead. you could look completely behind your character and the animation wouldn't follow unless you walked that direction.

for intense spins in warframe, id imagine that the camera would just loop down on rolls and just keep looking forward once an attack animation is triggered.

simple four-arm animations would also be added in front of the camera as well, but only for your camera to see.

That's a great way of explaining it! Thanks!

some people tend to overthink it a bit. games could always be edited. i'm sure if there is inconsistency with the concept, the devs can just easily fix them if it is a major problem. it is their game after all.

That soo highly rated Gta camera reduce your field of view, I don't even want to think about aiming in first person with weapon like we have on warframe... You're not always aiming foward are you... Sometime you look at your map,find an enemy behind you and in a single camera swipe you analyse a lot more of the area behind you without all the headaches. You can't compare Gta to warframe in many level which is why first person wouldn't work at all like you'd think it would.

The number of action packed in a single minute is on a completly different level.

there is also the situation of gun design in the game. the devs probably have two options. they could edit most of the weaponry, such as basic pistols and assault rifles to have iron sights, or they can just do a simple zoom animation.

there is also the situation of gun design in the game. the devs probably have two options. they could edit most of the weaponry, such as basic pistols and assault rifles to have iron sights, or they can just do a simple zoom animation.

They really wouldn't have to do that much. They could easily do what halo 5 did. Or something similar. Just make the sight apart of the HUD.

There was a guy who did a video of what an FPS warframw would be like.

It was unoriginal and was basically a horribly designed version of brink which was horribly designed.

The game isnt designed for FPS game play and the weapon designs are so bulky they would cut off half of your screen.

not a fact, so long as the weapons do not overlap the warframes face-area, it would not be a problem. if it were, remember, this is a video game, with real people who created it. they can simply edit the camera with a different view only seen by the user, not anyone else on the squad.

Doesn't fix the gameplay problem... And it would make melee even more rubbish.

Not really, they can have an enemy indication system that warns you when a hostile is next to or behind you. And, melee would still have the same affect to the enemy as far as range of motion. When you swing a sword your eyes don't really follow the blade anyways, you head just swings a very small amount while you keep an eye on the target in front of you.

Not to mention the melee system really isn't bad at all. In fact I think they did very well with it.

Edited by Ashlantir

Not really, they can have an enemy indication system that warns you when a hostile is next to or behind you. And, melee would still have the same affect to the enemy as far as range of motion. When you swing a sword your eyes don't really follow the blade anyways, you head just swings a very small amount while you keep an eye on the target in front of you.

Okay so, when there's an enemy behind you would you rather

A: hold the bottom arrow for a split second and press quick melee or ( Because the current bottom arrow is a control of body/animation )

B: Turn your camera at high speed quick-melee and then return to your original field of view. ( Because the bottom arrow now is just backing up while looking foward )

First person means first person control every single movement is gonna be with the camera. And, I don't know for you but having near to 30-40 indication system that warns me that there's an enemy 2 cm away from my face when I'm meleeing, is a no no.

Melee isn't soo bad, the scaling against primary/secondary is bad. You could slightly and calmly move the camera for a gun, but melee would basically be run at full speed,reach the enemy and get field of view blocked by a massive enemy right infront of your face.

A. Motion sickness

B. Changing the game and rebuilding from complete scratch because you can't just slap a camera for this game. 

C. This has already been discussed before and DE already said No. 

D. Too much work

E. 1234277022_ec4b302.gif

Edited by KJRenz

not a fact, so long as the weapons do not overlap the warframes face-area, it would not be a problem. if it were, remember, this is a video game, with real people who created it. they can simply edit the camera with a different view only seen by the user, not anyone else on the squad.

No it was a computer generated video done by one of my ex co-workers.

Everything was done in flash, basically in order for it to be an FPS you would have to give a PBR to almost all of the weapons in the game and once again it would be as clunky to move around in as brink. Parkor FPS games are super clunky, even when they are well received like mirror's edge.

Also GTV might be well received but that doesnt mean it's coding isn't as shotty as Widows ME.

Doesn't fix the gameplay problem... And it would make melee even more rubbish.

again, it is a game, the devs can simply edit whatever they want and im pretty sure they can fix whatever they want.

simple fore-arm animations in front of the camera only seen by its user is all that is needed.

lets set up a really big example.

SKYRIM, a game so immersive and popular that a thousand examples can be set. however, the primary example would be the attack animation. your character often spins in multiple directions in a third person view. however, in a first person view, you are presented with a fore-arm animation display reflecting the same attack.

there is no creating from the ground up. its all in the matter of display.

again, it is a game, the devs can simply edit whatever they want and im pretty sure they can fix whatever they want.

simple fore-arm animations in front of the camera only seen by its user is all that is needed.

lets set up a really big example.

SKYRIM, a game so immersive and popular that a thousand examples can be set. however, the primary example would be the attack animation. your character often spins in multiple directions in a third person view. however, in a first person view, you are presented with a fore-arm animation display reflecting the same attack.

there is no creating from the ground up. its all in the matter of display.

There's no way you can "Easily" create a PBR treatment for every single weapon/skin of the game out of nowhere without a huge amount of time and without suddently creating more lag/bug that you couldn't of seen coming.

Let say that rolling,bullet jumping don't move your camera then what. You just jump foward and lose sight of 90% of what you could've seen with the regular third person view?

Let say that melee is not moving the camera the slightlest, would you want to risk fighting an enemy in close quarter and once again lose 90% of your field of view because your camera litteraly clip in the mobs body.?

Skyrim character have limited speed and camera manipulation, same for GTA, the action isn't nearly as packed. You don't get to kill 50 enemies in 2 minutes.

Of course De could "Fix" whatever they want... It would probably take what 2-3 maybe four month of warframe getting shutdown because of how unplayable it would be :L. Then you'd get like 90% of the playerbase leaving the game because of how unbearable the settings are.