Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person Please!

Ashlantir

I just think they should at least test it out. This game is still considered in beta because of all the work they are still putting into it. So bugs are expected. It wouldn't kill anyone if they just game it as an option. The idea of a simple zoom is perfect. Pretty much like what they have now. It wouldn't require that much work to just come up with a quick test run of sorts for it. Even if they don't launch it to us right away. Maybe show it off in a Dev Stream and see what everyone thinks that way.

Regardless, its just an idea. No need for everyone to take it so personal. DE said that they want ideas for the game from the community, I think its a fair assumption that this is one that would bring in more PFS players thereby boosting DE's profit. That would allow them to make even more amazing changes to the game.

May I remind everyone, they pretty much did rework the whole game a few time, from Solar Map 2.0 (which is about to have a 3.0), to Melee 2.0, and Parkour 2.0. I mean come on y'all, they have done some pretty incredible reworks so far. I think that the task of adding in FPS view would pale in comparison to some of the previous jobs they have done with this game.

Each time they come out with a new update, they outdo what every previously came out. I would love to see this eventually come. I think it would be a nice addition.

Edited by Ashlantir

May I remind everyone, they pretty much did rework the whole game a few time, from Solar Map 2.0 (which is about to have a 3.0), to Melee 2.0, and Parkour 2.0. I mean come on y'all, they have done some pretty incredible reworks so far. I think that the task of adding in FPS view would pale in comparison to some of the previous jobs they have done with this game.

Those things weren't optional. They were promoting a better gameplay or a better flow for a more enjoyable feeling when playing against a massive amount of enemies.

Most of what you describe sounds like a simple added-in camera infront of your frame, do not forget that. The camera glitch WASN'T in any way First person. It was using the animation/gameplay/aiming of the third person with a bad camera positionning.

The real FirstPerson experience would require a bunch of different additions may it be animation ( Yes walk sideway while looking infront of you isn't a thing currently, you may have noticed that your character follows your arrow key and not your camera. ), Soundtrack ( For a more immersive ambiance, enemies have to actually sounds from where they are. ) Aiming/recoil and reticule being active with both the camera and animation.

For those who thinks that it all a matter of perspective then, you may be looking at the wrong FPS style.

At this point, just leave it. As a worker, I wouldn't put a huge amount of effort into an optional thing when I can see soo many problems that would link to the actual gameplay.

Why bother arguing if you're only gonna look at what the camera would look like instead of thinking about the problem that would occur between FPS and TPS thus slowly breaking the game appart.

Sure DE could fix it, but why break the game when you could continue improving it?

Why bother making a program that player would use for a day then throw away because of the difference between FPS and TPS when it comes to gameplay efficiency.

Why is everyone upset about something that's optional? It's like you're arguing with display settings, like there's the OPTION to have max resolution and effects, but no one really gets upset about it. Cuz it's optional. 

If we just had a test of it, since obviously no one has experienced FPS in Warframe before, then we could work on it after we see something physical.

Test, then talk. Not the other way around.

AirKrakenSupreme -> ( Sorry the quotes on my phone is horrible )

That mostly apply to idea that look good in theory.

i have all the reason to think that it would bring more problem to the game and wouldn't be useful at all to the gameplay part of warframe.

In theory : It would look good and pretty but, playing a fast paced game that require constant camera movement from the front to the back while having to add a lot of contradictive mechanic doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

If in theory something looked rubbish, would you add it to your game? Think as a Game Dev for a minute.

I think this idea is interesting, but not quite practical. I can't say much about coding, because i don't know much about it, but I thought about usefullness.

It would give you diffrent point of view and would let you be in the middle of action, but i found 1 great downside. It would make stealth incredible hard and in some situations imposible:

1. Why hard? In TPS you can stay behind obstacle and still observe enemy. In FPS you would need to peek around the corner, what could end up in detection. (and to avoid that they would need to create system of covers)

2. Why imposible? When on stealth mission on corpus maps you would need to peek around the corners to scan area and cameras of corpus can easly catch you.

Last thing I Want to point out is something that I personaly wouln't like: Camera moving to TPS when doing parcour or actions that would be difficult to coordinate with camera in FPS. Not just because I don't like it looks, but for usability: many times when i'm doing roll, double jump, etc. I'm using abilites. If camera moves when i'm casting ability i could miss the target I was aiming for. And if you trying to go fast, using many parcour tricks, you would end up getting realy wieard view of focusing  and outing camera, which wouln't help in navigating through the room.

So like I said I thing it would be an interesting if it's about the way you are looking around and it could work if you play Warframe like most other shooters. But this game is based on stealth and mobility, so loosing it for diffrent point of view is kind of pointless.

(PS4)XxDarkyanxX >> Have you ever played Dying Light? It is a very fast paced FPS parkour zombie game. They FPS is actually very well done. It can obviously be done. And it wouldn't be that hard either, not compared to what they have done in the past. There are plenty of good examples that people have thrown out through this topic. Im pretty sure they could figure it out with relative ease.

Absolutely not. This game was built to be a third-person game. Also, and this goes without saying, what's the point of customizing your warframe looks if you NEVER get to appreciate it.

Yes, because when I'm surrounded by enemies and rainbow fireballs I often stop to check out if my Frame makes my ! look fat.

Do you see your pretty frame when invisible?

How about when zooming?

How about when using the dozen of abilities which mess with visuals?

People can play a perma-invisible Loki for entire Defense missions, never see their Frame, never see the guns they holding, and yet do Parkour around the place and shoot everything fine ... but noooo, "first person view would cause visual problems".

The Liset is where you look at your pretty Barbie. Not in the middle of combat.

Hey, this will blow your mind:

Adjusting the position of my CAMERA does not change the fact the game is third person. I could put the camera in low orbit and look directly down, and as long as I can see you as a small smudge, it's still "third person". What we don't like is that DE basically said "this is where the camera should be, everyone will think it's great".

No, actually we don't think it's "great", we just are currently satisfied that it's not in a worse place, and if different options were available, we would jump at the chance. A lot of things are like that, like screen shaking for instance, where as if I had the choice to shake my aiming reticle and not my entire screen, I'd change that and never look back.

This is not an MMO, it's a shooter. It's only semi practical, in a game that does not center around cover, to do this all the time. If you played Rainbow 6 Vegas, it switches to 3rd person when you go behind cover, stays face camera FPS the rest of the time.

You could have Warframe "optionally" have face camera with guns, melee in 3rd, and a hybryd when jumping - which happened anyway while the glitch was in effect - and because it's a "optional camera setting", the pretty Barbie people can just ignore it.

I can even play Guild Wars 2 in first person view from a recent patch, and THAT is an MMO.

Yes, yes I know, we are not getting First Person, but please for goodness sake stop making up totally asinine reasons as to why "it can't possibly work" when it already does, aside from clipping issues because the camera position was not manually set, but goes haywire based on a broken formula. I've had the camera view glitch to my chest, behind my head. inside a shoulder ... I played 30 minutes of Archwing Defense melee only because a camera glitch would put my viewpoint behind my back whenever I aimed a gun.

If I could "hack" the client, I'd just set my camera in center position, then tell it to make my Frame totally invisible. Done. Would I have some visual anomalies at random times? Sure. But at least NOW I would not have my Frame block 1/3 of my screen. Now THAT is more annoying, and happens 100% of the time already.

Edited by DSpite

Parkour and first person do not mix.

*looks sidelong at Mirror's Edge*

i would imagine a smart concept of the camera panning out when your do a parkour move.

plus, of all the first person parkour masterpieces, you chose mirrors edge. typical.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

Yes, because when I'm surrounded by enemies and rainbow fireballs I often stop to check out if my Frame makes my ! look fat.

Do you see your pretty frame when invisible?

How about when zooming?

How about when using the dozen of abilities which mess with visuals?

People can play a perma-invisible Loki for entire Defense missions, never see their Frame, never see the guns they holding, and yet do Parkour around the place and shoot everything fine ... but noooo, "first person view would cause visual problems".

The Liset is where you look at your pretty Barbie. Not in the middle of combat.

Hey, this will blow your mind:

Adjusting the position of my CAMERA does not change the fact the game is third person. I could put the camera in low orbit and look directly down, and as long as I can see you as a small smudge, it's still "third person". What we don't like is that DE basically said "this is where the camera should be, everyone will think it's great".

No, actually we don't think it's "great", we just are currently satisfied that it's not in a worse place, and if different options were available, we would jump at the chance. A lot of things are like that, like screen shaking for instance, where as if I had the choice to shake my aiming reticle and not my entire screen, I'd change that and never look back.

This is not an MMO, it's a shooter. It's only semi practical, in a game that does not center around cover, to do this all the time. If you played Rainbow 6 Vegas, it switches to 3rd person when you go behind cover, stays face camera FPS the rest of the time.

You could have Warframe "optionally" have face camera with guns, melee in 3rd, and a hybryd when jumping - which happened anyway while the glitch was in effect - and because it's a "optional camera setting", the pretty Barbie people can just ignore it.

I can even play Guild Wars 2 in first person view from a recent patch, and THAT is an MMO.

Yes, yes I know, we are not getting First Person, but please for goodness sake stop making up totally asinine reasons as to why "it can't possibly work" when it already does, aside from clipping issues because the camera position was not manually set, but goes haywire based on a broken formula. I've had the camera view glitch to my chest, behind my head. inside a shoulder ... I played 30 minutes of Archwing Defense melee only because a camera glitch would put my viewpoint behind my back whenever I aimed a gun.

If I could "hack" the client, I'd just set my camera in center position, then tell it to make my Frame totally invisible. Done. Would I have some visual anomalies at random times? Sure. But at least NOW I would not have my Frame block 1/3 of my screen. Now THAT is more annoying, and happens 100% of the time already.

I agree, people should stop over reacting with such a simple concept. we are saying that it "could" be possible.

I also highly doubt anyone will over react with the design of your warframe. let alone create an awkward conversation with other random players just to make sure if your warframe looks cool.

as for the first person sneak, you could also just use an unused key or button to toggle between first and third person.

this thread has been stormed with counter subjects such as motion sickness. unless you got a barf bag on your side, you really shouldn't be playing video games. or at least take some medication.

Has the question of "why is there not a first person view" ever been brought up? I would really like it if we could get that going. I love WF. I have spent over 1000 hours on it since I started at the beginning of the year,and I have always wanted to have the option of a fps to go with this game. It's pretty much the only game I ever play anymore. Having this option would make me thrilled with the game than I already am. Thank so much for the hard work you have put into this game DE! You are all awesome!

No just no.

(PS4)XxDarkyanxX >> Have you ever played Dying Light? It is a very fast paced FPS parkour zombie game. They FPS is actually very well done. It can obviously be done. And it wouldn't be that hard either, not compared to what they have done in the past. There are plenty of good examples that people have thrown out through this topic. Im pretty sure they could figure it out with relative ease.

xD Dying light mobs are either, zombie that moves very slowly until night come or gunner that hide behind cover forever. And the best part is that they spawn in group of 3 or 6 and you can take all the time in the world to kill one if you want to. The game is MOSTLY melee because of how bad the aiming system is. And it's quite hard to compare both of them as it's a very slow paced combat action. The parkour part of it is fast paced, not the fighting part. The first person camera is well done but it wouldn't be able to follow a with warframe type of gameplay.

As for the first person sneak, you could also just use an unused key or button to toggle between first and third person.

this thread has been stormed with counter subjects such as motion sickness. unless you got a barf bag on your side, you really shouldn't be playing video games. or at least take some medication.

Unfortunately, I use all of my controller key and a lot of other player does. If you have to go to option/Hud/Enable first person everytime to do some sneaky fighting then, what's the point.

And those are not counter subjects. Those are thing that you need to keep in mind when creating a game Duh. We're "overreacting" because of how simple minded you are. It's always : It's easy put the camera infront of the face and everything is gonna work perfectly, I played it in a slow paced game where we had third person and it was great.

You guys mentionned guild war 2, mirror edge,dying light,Gta 5, hell you even brought up rainbow 6 vegas, those game, aren't going as fast as warframe... You're sloooooooowwwwly making your way to fighting.. one enemy at the time. You don't have that kind of silly time on warframe unless you sit in a corner while your TPS allies do all the work.

It doesn't work as an FPS... The camera glitch, as I already said, is a Third person view.

In the end, the only thing that you guys keep bringing up is : "I want my warframe to be completly invisible because when I play I actually look at my freaking warframe all the time and it pisses me off" Thanks for contradicting yourselves. You're not even supposed to see it, your brain shouldn't even be bothered by it. It's only happening because you're focusing more on your character than the game itself.

xD Dying light mobs are either, zombie that moves very slowly until night come or gunner that hide behind cover forever. And the best part is that they spawn in group of 3 or 6 and you can take all the time in the world to kill one if you want to. The game is MOSTLY melee because of how bad the aiming system is. And it's quite hard to compare both of them as it's a very slow paced combat action. The parkour part of it is fast paced, not the fighting part. The first person camera is well done but it wouldn't be able to follow a with warframe type of gameplay.

Unfortunately, I use all of my controller key and a lot of other player does. If you have to go to option/Hud/Enable first person everytime to do some sneaky fighting then, what's the point.

And those are not counter subjects. Those are thing that you need to keep in mind when creating a game Duh. We're "overreacting" because of how simple minded you are. It's always : It's easy put the camera infront of the face and everything is gonna work perfectly, I played it in a slow paced game where we had third person and it was great.

You guys mentionned guild war 2, mirror edge,dying light,Gta 5, hell you even brought up rainbow 6 vegas, those game, aren't going as fast as warframe... You're sloooooooowwwwly making your way to fighting.. one enemy at the time. You don't have that kind of silly time on warframe unless you sit in a corner while your TPS allies do all the work.

It doesn't work as an FPS... The camera glitch, as I already said, is a Third person view.

In the end, the only thing that you guys keep bringing up is : "I want my warframe to be completly invisible because when I play I actually look at my freaking warframe all the time and it pisses me off" Thanks for contradicting yourselves. You're not even supposed to see it, your brain shouldn't even be bothered by it. It's only happening because you're focusing more on your character than the game itself.

dude, stop.

you are really sounding personal with this. you want in the name game, fine. but just know that we never called you anything.

your basically kicking people in the balls every time they mention a subject that supports the concept. the guy was just setting an example, don't punish him for it. we are all trying to set up examples, but again, you reject it so harshly and move on to a different subject. you asked for an FPS that works with parkour speed. he gave you dying light as an example. you kick him in the balls for it and casually move the subject to combat.

no one is the more superior.

your just overreacting to a simple concept. we, or at least I, never demanded DE to put FPS on warframe, however, we like to present examples of how it could work. its not like your protecting us from a major disappointment.

of course DE would probably not impliment an FPS mode. however, we are simply saying that it is possible, while you are saying that it is impossible.

GTAV, SKYRIM, Rainbow six, MINECRAFT, all are prof that FPS can work with TPS through a simple concept. and even if not simple, than at least its possible.

the game has evolved a lot, even to stages that DE said was not possible or just simply did not want to do. i'm sure they themselves are supprised of how far they've gotten.

I have no doubt that DE can do it. though they may not want to, its still a possibility.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

I feel like my arguments was left unnoticed. I understand that there are people that don't like the idea of FPS camera because warframe was created as TPS from beginning, but it is just an idea and if it would ever be in plans to do it would take quite time for them to make it in the game, not because it's hard to do, but because they would like to be sure it wouln't destroy gameplay.

I think that there is no need to comparing warframe to other games. Just say what you thing about the idea without hard feelings.

So I would like to know what you thing about things I mentioned earlier.

Though I disagree with the concept of first person Warframe for many reasons (Field of View being too important for power usage, Parkour meshing, loot collection, a lot of work for not too much benefit) I do not understand why people are so vehemently against it.

I've been annoyed by how my frame blocks my view sometimes. I had to remove the halloween shoulder attachment on rhino cause it extended right over my crosshair.

I think an easier solution might be warframe transparency? As a setting in options.

Edited by Dantayeule

I've been annoyed by how my frame blocks my view sometimes. I had to remove the halloween shoulder attachment on rhino cause it extended right over my crosshair.

I think an easier solution might be warframe transparency? As a setting in options.

It would be a real irony that in order to wear the Cosmetics that we like, we have to NOT see them in game via making them transparent, in order to see past them.

Like I said, those things are meant as eye candy while in the Liset. When in mission, I don't pay attention to colors or Cosmetics or badges, etc etc. In fact, the more bland and normal all colors on things are, the better the ability to see.

In Rainbow 6 Vegas, because everything was a shade of brown, I used to spend the entire game in Thermal Mode, and I played it just fine.