Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fo4: No Weapon Decay/repair+Power Armor+More Related News.

izzatuw

According to leakers, FO4 will no longer have a decay system for weapons or anything really and there doesn't seem to be any replacement for the mechanic. 

Power Armor:

fusion cores are required to power the Power Armor. These fusion cores have a finite amount of energy and will run out. There’s a perk that will extend the length of time that each given fusion core will last.

While inside your power armor, you can carry significantly more weight and your damage resistance is also significantly higher, however you move considerably slower. You can also enter buildings with your power armor equipped.

Dialogue : You will often be presented with two options in dialogue to deal with various situations. You can either choose to deal with the situation diplomatically or aggressively. Some dialogue options if chosen will prevent you from going back and choosing other options / dialogue themes.

Some dialogue options will be color coded – Green, Orange & Red – to indicate the chance of success depending your Charisma level.

– There are six difficulty Levels and now hardcore mode similar to what was present in Fallout New Vegas. These difficulty levels however not only affect your enemies’ resistance to your damage, but also the chances of encountering legendary enemies which will be designated with a star in their avatar. These legendary enemies will drop unique loot.

– Stealth mode is quite similar to Skyrim’s but is slightly improved. There are a lot of perks in the game related to stealth and theft.

– There’s a new weapon type in the game aside from regular guns and elemental weapons that outputs “radiation” damage.

– In the character creation menu you will be allowed to customize your body type but not your height.

– The cover system in the game is contextual so you don’t have to actually press any button to enter cover. By simply walking towards the object that you want to take cover behind you will automatically enter cover. You can engage in and out of cover by aiming your weapon. The system is quite similar to that of Metal gear.

Eh I have mixed feelings, now I have no point in spamming take all.

You just know people will always complain about things like this. It wasn't there in the original games though, and it's not even close to having the realism excuse. I'll be glad to be rid of guns that break if you fire them a dozen times.

You just know people will always complain about things like this. It wasn't there in the original games though, and it's not even close to having the realism excuse. I'll be glad to be rid of guns that break if you fire them a dozen times.

Well if you couldn't tell, I was glad but also meh. I liked hording tons of weapons than spamming repair tons of times but it's mostly a positive in my book. Now I don't have to spam repair for 5 minutes to lose 100 weight