Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

I love Saryn. Way more than any Operator should love a Frame. Despite her current scaling issues I am seriously enjoying this rework.

Base Stats: Saryn is way too slow and fragile. 0.95 Sprint Speed and 175 base armor just won't cut it. To put things into perspective, compare her to other frames with her speed rating.

Rhino: 190 Armor and 150 Base Shields. As well as the ability to mitigate all incoming damage that scales really well into late game.

Frost:  300 Armor and 150 Base Shields. Also has an ability to mitigate damage that scales extremely well.

An increase to her base armor (around or close to 300) or an increase to her speed (she doesn't have those long legs for nothing.) should suffice.

Spore: Currently her best ability. Not much wrong with it, maybe a range increase would help. Although I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but Spore won't proc Viral through Corpus shields. I think that needs to looking into.

Molt: What's really holding this ability back is it's lack of a scaling mechanic. That's all it really needs. As a side note, I would love to see Molt give Saryn a temporary Sprint Speed boost. Would really help with melee.

Toxic Lash: When I see the world "lash" I think "range". Toxic Lash should give a range increase to melee weapons. Would really help with popping spores. The energy return from popping Spores should be affected by power strength .

Miasma: Miasma currently has little to nothing going for it, and what I'm going to suggest is really close to a full rework.

1. A range increase to 25 meters at max rank.

2. Reduce the energy cost when in the presence of Spores and/or Molt by 25%

3. Allow Miasma to pop and spread Spores

4. Miasma should 100% always proc corrosive and weaken enemy armor based on power strength.

5. Miasma should leave behind a cloud. The cloud carries whatever contagion was present during the original casting of Miasma. (Spores/Toxic/Viral/Corrosive) Enemies that enter the cloud are afflicted with Miasma as well as the other contagions.

I've been thinking about Saryn a lot (too much some might say).

My greatest issue with Saryn is her miasma.  I believe Saryn should at core be a debuff frame.  She is completely useless against highly armoured targets as of the moment.  Having Miasma proc corrosive once or several times per cast or over several ticks would be the best change you can give her.

2nd top issue is her molt; It doesn't last a split second against high level enemies.  A simple fix would be to give it temporary invulnerability or make it work like rhino's iron skin and scale accordingly on spawn.   Also you should gain the ablility to manually detonate your molt decoy by pressing 2 again, causing spores on it to explode as well.  I don't think a speed boost is necessary.

An interesting idea I thought of for molt:

initiating molt, puts you in a molting process.  Your armour increases over 5 seconds(Either in a flat rate, or scale with the current enemies attacking you, perhaps affected by duration or strength mods), activating molt again will drop your molt, or when the timer ends, with the current accumulated armour.  Pressing molt again while your molt decoy is alive detonates it along with the spores. 

I believe I used to be able to pop spores from dead bodies before.

In one of the later patches for update 17, they added just that. Enemies killed while spored would release additional spores.

Edit:  patch 17.10.1

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/556984-hotfix-17101/

Instead of just disappearing on enemy death, Saryn’s Spores will now detonate at a reduced spread distance if the target dies.
Edited by TGKazein

I love Saryn. Way more than any Operator should love a Frame. Despite her current scaling issues I am seriously enjoying this rework.

Base Stats: Saryn is way too slow and fragile. 0.95 Sprint Speed and 175 base armor just won't cut it. To put things into perspective, compare her to other frames with her speed rating.

Rhino: 190 Armor and 150 Base Shields. As well as the ability to mitigate all incoming damage that scales really well into late game.

Frost:  300 Armor and 150 Base Shields. Also has an ability to mitigate damage that scales extremely well.

An increase to her base armor (around or close to 300) or an increase to her speed (she doesn't have those long legs for nothing.) should suffice.

Spore: Currently her best ability. Not much wrong with it, maybe a range increase would help. Although I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but Spore won't proc Viral through Corpus shields. I think that needs to looking into.

Molt: What's really holding this ability back is it's lack of a scaling mechanic. That's all it really needs. As a side note, I would love to see Molt give Saryn a temporary Sprint Speed boost. Would really help with melee.

Toxic Lash: When I see the world "lash" I think "range". Toxic Lash should give a range increase to melee weapons. Would really help with popping spores. The energy return from popping Spores should be affected by power strength .

Miasma: Miasma currently has little to nothing going for it, and what I'm going to suggest is really close to a full rework.

1. A range increase to 25 meters at max rank.

2. Reduce the energy cost when in the presence of Spores and/or Molt by 25%

3. Allow Miasma to pop and spread Spores

4. Miasma should 100% always proc corrosive and weaken enemy armor based on power strength.

5. Miasma should leave behind a cloud. The cloud carries whatever contagion was present during the original casting of Miasma. (Spores/Toxic/Viral/Corrosive) Enemies that enter the cloud are afflicted with Miasma as well as the other contagions.

I've been thinking about Saryn a lot (too much some might say).

This! Especially the miasma bit about leaving behind a cloud. I do the same thing with torid so that spores pop when they enter the field, and this would be great for both spreading spores and some decent area denial.

I may want to make my personal statements on Saryn, while I just got here without reading everyone else's changes for her.

Her current build is a bit tricky nowadays and requires too much effort in pushing buttons and aiming certain targets more than ever compared to Excal-built era Warframes.

While her powers do have functionality in reducing enemies to a lesser degree, there are still some quality changes that can be taken to account:

- Her Health needs to return to 150. If that does not cut it, double/increase her Armor instead/too. This ensures her Melee practicality and allowing her to push through her enemies while caring much less of her in a fight.

- Spores stay where they are. Their Viral procs work wonders with its current status as the least amount of energy can be thrown to your enemies.

- Molt is scaled by Saryn's by the division of her Base Health with her current maximum Health, much like Rhino's Iron Skin to Armor. This will compensate the higher energy consumption that is easily comparable to Loki's decoy. Sure, Molt has synergy with Miasma but it's too weak to even stand up for itself before you can even take advantage of the extra damage from it.

- Set Toxic Lash to Toggle. This is all I may ask for.

Miasma has two things to settle either way, (a) allow it to proc Corrosive in every tick for its utility for Late-game Grineer. or (b) Double its base damage.

--- For either changes, Miasma's additional damage should also scale with her Health/Armor whichever stat is more suitable for her fancy. As it allows her to move closer to her enemies while deliver such damage at that durability.

Well, I guess this is what I may want to suggest, but may not be actually be in use.

Playing Saryn now has turned into a chore. The only thing I bring to a team is spreading viral. The other powers feel too weak once you encounter higher level enemies found in the sorties. 

Can't molt have the same absorb mechanic that frost's snow globe, rhino's iron skin, Atlas' tectonics skill have? the only skill that keeps Saryn alive is so flimsy makes the frame a liability in any content above level 30. it  really defeats the purpose of the miasma combo when molt is blasted away before I can even cast spore to it.

Also her defenses are awful right now without molt living and blocking Saryn has nothing to keep her alive in melee what armor she has isn't enough. I feel she also needs some form of crowd control I'd say miasma is her crowd control but it doesn't last long enough to be an asset to a team. I just want to play this frame and not feel completely useless with mastery rank 12 weapons.

You're all insane.

As of the event patch Saryn can now out damage more or less every frame in the game due to one of the new weapon mods, and the damage is more less map wide with power range - makes excal and ember look like a total joke. 

You're all insane.

As of the event patch Saryn can now out damage more or less every frame in the game due to one of the new weapon mods, and the damage is more less map wide with power range - makes excal and ember look like a total joke. 

Yes, this entire thread is now invalid because of a mod. No, not really. Anyway, what mod are we talking about? Body count?