Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

I loved Saryn. Her nuke was awesome. Now it looks like Saryn is going in to the trash. Thanks DE. I tried multiple builds yesterday hoping I could make her good after the update and nothing worked. High level groups I used to be able to nuke with 1 hit kept coming at me even after trying to nuke them 3 times with new rework.

Edited by (PS4)crow5716

I loved Saryn. Her nuke was awesome. Now it looks like Saryn is going in to the trash. Thanks DE. I tried multiple builds yesterday hoping I could make her good after the update and nothing worked. High level groups I used to be able to nuke with 1 hit kept coming at me even after trying to nuke them 3 times with new rework.

Was this Sarcasm? If not, you're the reason why Saryn's "nuke" was nerfed.

Saryn (250% Range, max Efficiency, 95% Strengh, 78% Duration) vs Ember (unknown build although it's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make) @ Draco (4 rounds):

Pay attention to the number of Abilities used.

O2tVCQ3.png

Rj19rVI.png

I use only 128% duration saryn , VS   Excalibur with unknow build  Random team in Hieracon

and a zephyr 

DalZu2N.jpg

hZr3g8o.jpg

rnmkzrg.jpg

Its proof nothing .

Edited by zendian

She currently just needs qol tweaks her first is fine her secong needs 3second invul phase her 3 needs 1% life steal modifiable with power strenth and life stolen also heals molt her fourth also needs to carry over all tpxin viarl AND corrosive procs from all enemies to all other enemies

She currently just needs qol tweaks her first is fine her secong needs 3second invul phase her 3 needs 1% life steal modifiable with power strenth and life stolen also heals molt her fourth also needs to carry over all tpxin viarl AND corrosive procs from all enemies to all other enemies

What makes you suggest that for Miasma?

Maisma as it is with all enemies under toxin and viral still doesnt deal significant damage with it spreading viral from one enemy to all of them and tottalling all corrosive and tozin procs and giving each enemy the combined effect it would highly reward a well spread toxin viral corrosive spread with a massive dot and complete armor strip while atill being very weak for palyers unable to spread the conditions this could ofcourse come with reduced base damage if they feel its base damage is actually a selling point

What makes you suggest that for Miasma?

Was this Sarcasm? If not, you're the reason why Saryn's "nuke" was nerfed.

Saryn's nuke was most likely nerfed because people whined about it being able to kill low tier enemies with ease. (Trash mobs)

As for now? Saryn has been gathering dust. I tried her post rework, Tried to make her work, too energy hungry and even then the damage was not that great.

Saryn went from a frame I liked to use once in a while to have fun to a frame I dread to use and won't.

Saryn's nuke was most likely nerfed because people whined about it being able to kill low tier enemies with ease. (Trash mobs)

Miasma's damage was overtly bugged; lowering duration increased base damage instead of just dealing the damage more quickly.  This lead to an 1875 base damage damage-over-time power becoming a 4500 base damage radial nuke where the next strongest radial nuke had 1500 base damage.

People just got used to exploiting Miasma (but only after it started trending; savvy players were exploiting -duration Miasma up to two years before it became prominent) to factory-farm content where it could kill without fail, and this only got worse after Transient Fortitude was introduced (since it made it more than twice as strong due to simultaneously increasing base damage and powerstr modifier.)

If DE fixed dumb stuff before it became a problem (let alone ingrained into popular consciousness) then discussions like these wouldn't even be happening.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

I am very happy with Saryn right now.  My only two wishes would be a 25-energy discount on her Miasma (cost of 75) to account for needing to have Spore and some form of Toxin proc up (usually provided by either Molt or Toxic Lash) to do respectable damage, and an easier way to scale up/spread Toxin stacks via Spore (I am fond of using Toxic Lash, but even with switching to melee and holding Block you are still way too squishy to use this method at high level).

I am very happy with Saryn right now.  My only two wishes would be a 25-energy discount on her Miasma (cost of 75) to account for needing to have Spore and some form of Toxin proc up (usually provided by either Molt or Toxic Lash) to do respectable damage, and an easier way to scale up/spread Toxin stacks via Spore (I am fond of using Toxic Lash, but even with switching to melee and holding Block you are still way too squishy to use this method at high level).

I had a weird idea right now. What if the effect of Toxic Lash also affected the reflected damage from channeled parrying?

Edited by Autongnosis

I had a weird idea right now. What if the effect of Toxic Lash also affected the reflected damage from channeled parrying?

I like this line of thinking.  What if it staggered enemies on reflecting damage?

I also think that increasing Toxic Lash's max block % to 95 or even 100 would allow Saryn to compete with the abuse cases at later post-game content while also requiring player input and decision-making for consistent results.  Also, the EHP nerf should be reversed; tying defensive performance to a QT+Rage+RegenMolt build (or whatever else) just because max energy was increased doesn't make sense (look at Chroma, who enjoys the same max energy while also being naturally tankier than Saryn, enjoys a faceroll godmode option, and has lower energy costs overall.)  

Edited by RealPandemonium

I like this line of thinking.  What if it staggered enemies on reflecting damage?

Well, that's another thing that could be done

Also, the EHP nerf should be reversed; tying defensive performance to a QT+Rage+RegenMolt build (or whatever else) just because max energy was increased doesn't make sense (look at Chroma, who enjoys the same max energy while also being naturally tankier than Saryn, enjoys a faceroll godmode option, and has lower energy costs overall.)  

Well, Chroma is a weird one - gets caster levels of energy but is a duration-based tank that sure as hell doesn't need that much energy. Atthe opposite end of the spectrum we get the Necromancer/caster Nekros with a measly 150 energy at max rank... I think some of the base values could warrant a second pass, particularly for energy and armour values.

Proposed change:

Toxic Lash effects apply to any weapon that is currently equipped (in use) by Saryn.

I don't see a reason why Saryn should, at any point, turn into a melee frame. 

But this change still allows for her to be played as that. The change doesn't take anything away, it just adds to it.

The synergy lives on, its just more fun. 

Would this cause Saryn to become overpowered? I honestly don't think so.