Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

Can you be more constructive about it? So the replies can be more technical aswel. (damage output?, popping spores too easy?)

Ok.

(No, because any high fire rate weapon can abuse the on hit effect.

Note that even a Viper fully modded does 200 damage per bullet. 

Yes, per bullet.

Now, add 60 toxin damage to that : 260 damage per bullet.

39 Fire rate.

It will be broken.)

I have not even considered the fact that some people will go full Power Strength Builds just to get the Multiplier number up, which is a good 80% ish bonus damage as Toxin.

Edited by YasaiTsume

This has been proposed a million times, DE simply doesn't like that idea. With the way Toxic Lash now works I can see why they don't want to allow it to work with ranged weapons, imagine how many Toxin procs you could stack and spread with a high rate of fire weapon. This would make using it in Melee completely obsolete since Saryn is too squishy for Melee anyway.

I don't know, this whole Saryn rework is a mess. They want Saryn to use Melee but they don't provide her with any reliable survivability mechanics, here's hoping we'll get a re-rework with Saryn Prime's release.

Ok.

(No, because any high fire rate weapon can abuse the on hit effect.

Note that even a Viper fully modded does 200 damage per bullet. 

Yes, per bullet.

Now, add 60 toxin damage to that : 260 damage per bullet.

39 Fire rate.

It will be broken.)

I have not even considered the fact that some people will go full Power Strength Builds just to get the Multiplier number up, which is a good 80% ish bonus damage as Toxin.

A certain rule set can keep it balanced. 

But Mirage already goes beyond anything Saryn could do. Meaning its already ingame, and not considered 'broken'. 

Confirming same issue. multiple times. FPS dropped to less than 10 after a handful of waves due to massive AoE stacking from saryn. 

The issue is not caused by AoE stacking, if it did the moment you kill all enemies the FPS should go back to normal and they don't plus Saryn's Spore didn't cause lag before U18 so it's definitely a mess up on DE's part that was introduced with U18.

??? iv never experenced this

This issue doesn't affect the host of the session, also, the symptoms start occuring only after about 15 minutes and they get progressively worse with each minute to a point where the game becomes a slideshow.

Edited by Vardog

The issue is not caused by AoE stacking, if it did the moment you kill all enemies the FPS should go back to normal and they don't plus Saryn's Spore didn't cause lag before U18 so it's definitely a mess up on DE's part that was introduced with U18.

This issue doesn't affect the host of the session, also, the symptoms start occuring only after about 15 minutes and they get progressively worse with each minute to a point where the game becomes a slideshow.

but im usualy not the host

No absolutely not get used to the idea that a singular caster frame exists in a state that supports melee  one single casting melee frame why are you trying to take that away from me?

What do you consider Loki or Trinity to be? Heck, Ember could just go with an Accelerant build, max strength, stretch, high efficiency and run around with Melee - totally viable.

Trinity is not melee her kit doesnt encourage it at all neither does ember and loki is a utility frame the fact he has abilities doesnt make him a caster he isnt directly killing with his abilities saryn uses her abilities to make her melee weapon cause more ranged damage

What do you consider Loki or Trinity to be? Heck, Ember could just go with an Accelerant build, max strength, stretch, high efficiency and run around with Melee - totally viable.

I'm extremely disappointed with this rework for Saryn. I miss being able to go into a room and use miasma for a room clear. I've been playing August (yes a short time) but when I first saw Saryn I fell in love with her and spent pretty much all my time and money making her perfect and now I feel as though all of that has just been thrown out the window. Now with this rework it has made me lose practically all interest in Warframe because there was no other frame that could come near Saryn for me personally. I can still be considered a noob I guess (already know those replies are coming) with only playing for a few months but I have played multiple other frames and none of them could hold my interest like Saryn could.

Edited by (XB1)Ice Cold Spirit

Trinity is not melee her kit doesnt encourage it at all neither does ember and loki is a utility frame the fact he has abilities doesnt make him a caster he isnt directly killing with his abilities saryn uses her abilities to make her melee weapon cause more ranged damage

You have a point, the one I was trying to make, is that even though they are casters - they can go Melee and make it work.

I'm extremely disappointed with this rework for Saryn. I miss being able to go into a room and use miasma for a room clear. I've been playing August (yes a short time) but when I first saw Saryn I fell in love with her and spent pretty much all my time and money making her perfect and now I feel as though all of that has just been thrown out the window. Now with this rework it has made me lose practically all interest in Warframe because there was no other frame that could come near Saryn for me personally. I can still be considered a noob I guess (already know those replies are coming) with only playing for a few months but I have played multiple other frames and none of them could hold my interest like Saryn could.

Noob! You happy? Seriously, no frame should just be defined by their fourth ability....Nova...

I had another weird idea. Toxic Lash it's called Lash but at the moment it has no reason whatsoever to be called so.

What if Toxin Lash buffed your melee attack range? Like, 3-5m base range scaling additively through melee range mods and warframe range mods?

That would be really cool.