Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Prime Time #95!

[DE]Megan

Rebecca, I actually completely leveled up a 2nd serration, elemental, speed and Crit mods just for my sentinels. However, when modding my guns it drives me nuts that the game tells me a mod is already in my sentinel so I have to disassemble both guns just to make sure I am not using the same mod. Makes it painful to navigate through my weapon mods as well. I know a lot of players love the carrier not just because it can pick up loot but because they don't have to worry about making a 2nd set of mods to juggle around. kubrows have their own and damage mods, I think it only makes sense to do the same with sentinels. In my humble opinion I don't see why they the pistol and rifle mods for sentinels can be combined into one and possibly the shotgun and melee into another. The current system is very messy. I can only speak for myself here but I would rather level up a new set of mods then deal with what I currently have.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

And I attached Arcanes to it because I love the look of it, still do, and will reattach because I think it looks fabulous with the new skin. Video was for demonstration purposes that they are not in fact 'stuck'.

I tried to explain this in a short manner but I guess I'll have to expand and talk in a bit of detail.

The arcane needing a distiller to switch between helmets is not very problematic since:

A) There are very few options for helmets per Warframe.

B) The overwhelming majority of players use the helmet they like the most for the entirety of their time (excluding Old Arcane Helmets = stats).

C) The new releases are very infrequent.

This isn't the case for syndanas because:

A) There's a huge amount of options of varying shapes, sizes, materials and patterns including alternative versions of some syndanas.

B) The degree to which those various options fit with the Warframe you are using, the style you are trying to achieve or simply the minimization of clipping and other visual glitches is different for different syndanas.

C) New syndanas are released very frequently (much more coming from the workshop as well) which feeds into the massive pool of options for your back slot.

As for the 2nd set of mods: Universal mods are highly unlikely so the next best thing is completely gray out the conflicting mods (I'm sure the UI team won't mind doing that).

Thanks for your time. I enjoyed the stream and hopefully things continue to improve moving forward.

And I attached Arcanes to it because I love the look of it, still do, and will reattach because I think it looks fabulous with the new skin. Video was for demonstration purposes that they are not in fact 'stuck'.

They are limited however, which shouldn't be a situation for cosmetics, players should be able to swap between cosmetic choices freely without any kind of penalty. Arcanes add a pre-requisite to them that is entirely unnecessary and only discourages people from either using arcanes or buying new cosmetics. 

2) Whether or not people like leveling mods (duplicate or otherwise)... that's an explicit goal of the game's upgrade system. In the context of Sentinel Stats, people are already doing this, myself included (see above). The sub-categories of weapons definitely adds more friction here, so I do see your point. Fusing literal duplicates is more obviously repetitive than fusing an identically named mod with a different picture and label.

and the issue with this is how far can mod category splicing go before it gets to be too much? players already have to upgrade mods for rilfes, shotguns, setinels, kurbows, archwings, primary archwing weapons, melee archwing weapons, and i'm going to assume katbrow as well and that seems like a lot of categories to have to upgrade individually from fresh. which isn't counting other matters of repetitive grind such as ranking up weapons, frames, and companions, numerous times in fact. 

i'm not saying the current system is bad, though I can't say i'm overly fond of it, but it's a system that can only stretch so far before being really overwhelming. i mean i've been playing this game for over a year and have problems keeping up, how would this seem to new players? especially if it keeps expanding like it is.