The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Loading Screen Taking Too Much Time

Cothien

hi guys  , i have a problem , it's all started last night , when a wanna go to a mission , the loading screen take soooo long time , some time it's take forever , for the info i have a asus pc i5 , with 6go of ram, and an invidia card 840m , thank you soo much in advance 

The loading screen is also the Matchmaking/Connection screen. Check your internet connection, or maybe the servers have been overloaded. :p (weekend after all)

you should probably verify game cahce too.

check if it's anything of that.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

thank you for your help but , i cheked my internet connection " i changed  even my city " and i cheked also game cach , i waited for the weekend now we are in  tuesday  but still have the same probleme , please if you have an other solution let me know ,  also desactivated directx 11 and 10 , but nothing changed , please i really need help

perhaps run the Optimize tool in the Launcher.

since it started randomly, could be unrelated things, such as Heat, Windows Power Management Mode, Et Cetera.

The loading screen is also the Matchmaking/Connection screen.

no it isn't.

if you queue up in Matchmaking, you do not enter the Loading Screen until you have successfully found a Session and connected to it.

you couldn't start Loading if you hadn't Matchmaked yet because the game wouldn't know what to load.

no it isn't.

if you queue up in Matchmaking, you do not enter the Loading Screen until you have successfully found a Session and connected to it.

My computer loads maps at around 3-4 seconds once the loading screen pops up, I find it hard to believe that the game isn't still doing some type of connecting when I join a session and it takes over 20seconds of wait(loading screen) time when connecting to some one else that has a slow/laggy connection.

In other occasions, even though I'm the host, the missions wont start until everyone in the squad has finished loading the map.

I don't know if 'that' has been changed since I haven't had that happen in months.

Matchmaking might have been the wrong word to use, but yes it has to do something with the connection while you are still in the loading screen.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Ahcruna

I find it hard to believe that the game isn't still doing some type of connecting when I join a session and it takes over 20seconds of wait(loading screen) time when connecting to some one else that has a slow/laggy connection.

you're already connected to the Session. the Host is just slow and you're sitting around, waiting for map data on what to load.

you're done Matchmaking and joining a Squad long before you ever see the Loading Screen.

and yes, if you finish before others, you'll wait a maximum of 10 seconds for others to finish loading before the Mission starts without them.

you're absolutely correct that stuff is going on in the Loading Screen - it just isn't Matchmaking or connecting to a Host. :)

Since a Dev responded and this is about loading screens, I'd like to just quickly mention one slightly off-topic thing:

All this cool liset controlling in loading screens is kinda pointless if said loading screens completely freeze up during loading.

Isn't there any way to make sure they don't freeze? (and no, "get an ssd" is not a valid answer. Consoles can do it in destiny on hdd, why warframe can't?)

I'd gladly have it load a couple seconds more if that meant no awkward chokes.

Alternatively have an option to disable the whole flying thing and show a static screen like old times, to maybe shorten the load times for those who prefer that.

Just my two cents.