Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing Interest In Warframe Faster And Faster Each Day. (Dev Response Please!)

ProfessorMeeseeks

DE_Steve posted this you can find it under...

NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

ECONOMY

RNG GODS: These RNG Gods are angry! We are constantly thinking about RNG vs. time advancement. It would be a radical change to just drop it entirely. I promise we are considering all feedback and debating a token-system for some type of items. I can understand the frustration with the lottery aspects.

In my opinion, if they were honestly considering our feedback on this issue, they would stop adding so much to the RNG.

On the bright side, there's not much content to hold you over once you actually get something, so at least it's keeping you busy.

The simple reality of the situation is that the over-reliance on RNG for everything won't go away until there's some actual content to keep players busy when they're not doing hundreds of runs for a single item anymore.

okay, two things: 1) the rng rates for BP drops have gone down a little on bosses due to more content added to their drops, but in my whole of farming the the past day or two for frost, which only comprised of an hour or two since i've been focusing far more on void key farming, I was able to get his helmet, and honestly, with an MMO as original and unique as warframe, i'm not mad. The rng gods are kinda backwards atm too though, I've seen mods and pieces get stuck a lot on defense mission as wave rewards (e.g. having a pistol ammo box as a reward for 25 waves). The best answer I've found for this is just wait until it's over and run with another team, it usually fixes the issue, then I start getting awesome rare drops (I.E. I usually get about 5-10 rares an hour on pluto for rewards after a lockup).

2) instead of starting a hate thread about the rng system, why not do some research, because people constantly datamine info, and see what's going on. watch the livestreams, if you're not on the design council then message someone who is, or possibly a dev. I've messaged DERebecca and her response was prompt and answered my question.

if nothing else, submit a bug report, just stop spewing hate about a game because of bad luck with an RNG system and try to do something to help it along. Warframe is still young, and needs much nurturing and care and support from us to turn it into what could be an online masterpiece, and it's FREE TO PLAY!!! so it's only right that instead of being hateful that we try and help out where we can.

enough ranting, so yeah......spread the love man :D

P.S.: a new frame can be fun, but with the right tools and mods, you can turn your frame into something entirely new and unique. If you can't get frost right now, maybe look at how you can mod your frame into using a certain tactic that sets a new standard for your frame. (I.E. I call my ash "crowd control" :D, I've got stretch, flow, continuity (for invis) and focus fully leveled and some polarized so that I do around 1400 damage per hit to 13 enemies with blade storm, i can use this from across most mid-size maps, and i can usually use it successfully up to about 3-5 times if i grab enough energy while I'm attacking enemies XD) also, using the artifact system to your advantage helps :D

Edited by Codekid

Try woth others.. Maybenthe rng just dont want to give you the bp.. Maybe if you play woth someone else(who will be the host),it will gibe him,and offcourse you.. I did it with my frost bp..

This actually worked. I got it within 2 runs of having somebody else host AND kill him. I know they made the cronus harder to obtain by making it less common the more you do that mission. I had no idea that that was how it is on every boss now. I had a hunch but never really thought to test that.

The primary problem is that critical content needed to progress is locked behind loot drops.

In a hack&slash like PoE, you might be waiting for months for a particular unique weapon to drop (allowing you to create a powerful cookie cutter build), but in the meantime you are still progressing.

You are still levelling up, you are still collecting orbs for crafting, you are still getting rolls on the loot table for other valuable rares/uniques.

In Warframe you have to be grinding the specific content that drops it, and while you are doing so you have ZERO chance of any other BPs dropping. You will also be making zero/negligible progress on levelling your weapons & warframe, and will be collecting very few mods/materials.

It's basically a content wall locked behind the rng.

Enjoy the game for what is it, not collecting everything

This. Stop trying to get everything, and enjoy being a super space ninja. I never get what I want in loot drops, except for resources, really. I have three frames that I want, and I know these three fit my playstyle. Excal, Ember, Frost. Find what works, find a thing that you like in the game and play it. If you get bored, switch it up. Or, you know, don't play the game a while, play something else like Blacklight or Star Wars, come back in a bit and play as a space ninja again. That's what I do.

If you really can't handle it, spennd 5 bucks a month or whatever until you get enough plat for whatever it is you want. That way, you get the frame, with free potato, and you help support an awesome game. That's what I did.

Also, on the topic of RNG. What do you expect? It's a game in beta, just barely out of open beta too! give your feedback, make your voice heard, and make the game better. Why not make the RNG give out a guarenteed bp every 5 runs in a row you get mats? Suggest it to the devs. Be contructive, don't just whine.

If you watch the livestreams they have touched on this issue. The videos can be found on youtube.

The short of it is, They like rng because it lets casual players have a shot at rare items.

I have had a few things give me heck but the trick is to take it in stride.

I hope you got this bs about to be good to casual players is just a big lie,ok ?They let the rmg as it is just to make things frustating and push many players as possible to the market to buy platinum,simple as that.

This really frustrates me when people just trivialize the problem with the RNG, yes things are ment to be random but there is a point when some things are beyond just random and they are caught in a loop. As always I like to use this example to illustrate my point, I'm really going to have to find the exact place in General I found this. A team did a defense mission on Europa on Valifore, they went to wave 100, yes 100 and what did they get for their hard work, a Redirection mod ( I know some of you probably said at least it wasn't Hellfire lol) Somehow they need to adjust it so it reflects equal pay for equal work done. It's like a Surgeon getting paid minimum wage. 

If you watch the livestreams they have touched on this issue. The videos can be found on youtube.

The short of it is, They like rng because it lets casual players have a shot at rare items.

I have had a few things give me heck but the trick is to take it in stride.

They want rng because it lets casual players have a shot at rare items without doing jack. While, it also lets people who works their hardest a shot at not getting anything.

fixed the onesidedness of that.

Would you guys please stop crying about rng. pretty please? pretty pretty please? I'm seeing so much of this recently since open beta, yes some of the drops have become scarcer and it's because there's been so much added to the drop table since it's original implementation. It needs balanced, and it needs work, but warframe is still a youngling in gaming years and has so much time to grow and develop, and honestly, I'm sick of people screaming about how bad a game is because after releasing as huge amount of new content as they did, drops are a little broken. Well you know what? If you're really mad about being part of an awesome game as it develops, go play wow, and when you realize their drop rates are 20 times worse for rares, you may come back and see that maybe epic rare drops all this game is about. maybe if you just decide to socialize and run with others a little you'll have a lot more fun because it isn't just you trying to beat an MMO........lol beating an MMO, that's actually pretty funny

This is such a bullS#&$ excuse. You could easily devise a system that still lets casual players have a shot at rare items while not punishing those with bad luck. A simple mission counter and max number of runs before the bp drops (20? 50?) would be enough.

Ok. Let's try continuing this discussion without diving into ridiculous hyperbole, shall we?

1. The issue is not with gameplay. The gameplay is fine.

2. The issue is with how the drop chances on the total drop tables have changed with regards to rare materials, and void keys (and forma from Void enemies). Prior to u8, one had a much better chance of getting 1-2 rare materials on a run to a boss of a given region (say, Everest on Earth). This is a problem, as it can very easily lead to player frustration due to no visible progression.

3. The changes observed are that blueprints are much less likely to drop, as are rare materials (such as Neurodes or Control Modules). This can make collecting the parts to make a new frame very onerous. It took one about a week to fully craft a new Warframe before, assuming you were able to get all the resources necessary. Now that it takes so much longer, this timeframe is greatly extended.

Would you guys please stop crying about rng. pretty please? pretty pretty please? I'm seeing so much of this recently since open beta, yes some of the drops have become scarcer and it's because there's been so much added to the drop table since it's original implementation. It needs balanced, and it needs work, but warframe is still a youngling in gaming years and has so much time to grow and develop, and honestly, I'm sick of people screaming about how bad a game is because after releasing as huge amount of new content as they did, drops are a little broken. Well you know what? If you're really mad about being part of an awesome game as it develops, go play wow, and when you realize their drop rates are 20 times worse for rares, you may come back and see that maybe epic rare drops all this game is about. maybe if you just decide to socialize and run with others a little you'll have a lot more fun because it isn't just you trying to beat an MMO........lol beating an MMO, that's actually pretty funny

No, I will not drop this issue, because drop rates are a large issue right now for an otherwise quite good game. You don't get to say "you either like everything about this game or you should play something else," even if it makes you feel better - because it is flat-out untrue.

Don't try to falsely present people's argument as "this game sucks" when we are saying nothing of the kind. This isn't about "beating" Warframe, but again, nice try at trying to reduce an actual problem to this sort of hyperbole.

Doesn't feel very RNG, just random as heck.

. I'll let that soak for a little while.

Anyhow, I don't believe your numbers are accurate. I had a tough time with Excalibur, netting over ten of the helm, and ten of the...chasis? Not sure. Didn't get a systems. Must have run Ambulas like sixty times. Gotta take it in stride.

Ok. Let's try continuing this discussion without diving into ridiculous hyperbole, shall we?

1. The issue is not with gameplay. The gameplay is fine.

2. The issue is with how the drop chances on the total drop tables have changed with regards to rare materials, and void keys (and forma from Void enemies). Prior to u8, one had a much better chance of getting 1-2 rare materials on a run to a boss of a given region (say, Everest on Earth). This is a problem, as it can very easily lead to player frustration due to no visible progression.

3. The changes observed are that blueprints are much less likely to drop, as are rare materials (such as Neurodes or Control Modules). This can make collecting the parts to make a new frame very onerous. It took one about a week to fully craft a new Warframe before, assuming you were able to get all the resources necessary. Now that it takes so much longer, this timeframe is greatly extended.

No, I will not drop this issue, because drop rates are a large issue right now for an otherwise quite good game. You don't get to say "you either like everything about this game or you should play something else," even if it makes you feel better - because it is flat-out untrue.

Don't try to falsely present people's argument as "this game sucks" when we are saying nothing of the kind. This isn't about "beating" Warframe, but again, nice try at trying to reduce an actual problem to this sort of hyperbole.

Amen.