Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Scorches In Sealabs?

Mr.Dr.Prof.Sgt.Walrus

It kinda doesn't make sense that the Grineer Scorch (flamethrower units) appear in a sea base underwater. There are two reasons I feel this is illogical:

The science reason:

maybe I'm not a smart as I think but using a flamethrower requires combustion, which creates smoke. Having several guys run around creating smoke clouds in an underwater base in a confined space doesn't seem smart. Maybe I'm wrong on this.

The elemental reason:

Everyone knows fire and water, like Hungry Jack's and McDonald's, don't go together. Maybe bring back the Spark Grineer (those Bombard clones that fired electric balls in Spy 2.0 missions) and have them replace Scorches in the Sealabs or have a Drekar Scorch.

Overall it is pretty trivial but it kinda bugs me. I wouldn't blame DE for ignoring this as their are tons of better things for them to do.

The science reason:

maybe I'm not a smart as I think but using a flamethrower requires combustion, which creates smoke. Having several guys run around creating smoke clouds in an underwater base in a confined space doesn't seem smart. Maybe I'm wrong on this.

There is a thing called "ventilation". Also, the space seems wide enough to not choke other people in fumes. I would be more worried about the grenades thrown near glass panels than flamethrowers in an underwater base (I mean, Tyl Regor can smash them with enough force and knock us down, and grenades have enough force to knock us down. With some dubious logic, grenades could potentially destroy glass panels in the Sealab).

The elemental reason:

Everyone knows fire and water, like Hungry Jack's and McDonald's, don't go together. Maybe bring back the Spark Grineer (those Bombard clones that fired electric balls in Spy 2.0 missions) and have them replace Scorches in the Sealabs or have a Drekar Scorch.

There are fires that spread when in contact with water, although I would enjoy having the Spark be in other missions rather than appearing in Spy Missions if and only if you tripped a vault's alarm. 

Wasn't the "water" in the sealab tileset originally supposed to be liquid methane or something like that?

Methane melting point: −182.5 °C; −296.4 °F; 90.7 K

Methane boiling point: −161.49 °C; −258.68 °F; 111.66 K

If the waist high water on the Corpus "ruins" / "tunnels" / "crashed ship" tileset applies a freeze effect to you then touching this supposedly liquid methane on Uranus should outright freeze if not kill you.

It doesn't make any sense.

If the waist high water on the Corpus "ruins" / "tunnels" / "crashed ship" tileset applies a freeze effect to you then touching this supposedly liquid methane on Uranus should outright freeze if not kill you.

Well yeah, that's probably another good reason why the concept was scrapped, but the main point that I was trying to make is that it would also blow you the @#$% up if you're not careful (pretty sure that was supposed to be the reason that the harpak was introduced, as a "safe" weapon to use around flammables. but obviously scorchers and bombards don't seem to care)

There is always pressurised methane (add pressure to gas up to a point, and it becomes liquid), although that would be rather implausible.