Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Void Puzzles / Obstacle Rooms (Incomplete)

Nuko_Miko

Question

Hello

NOTE: Since U9 came with a bunch of new content that needs to be added to this guide, I'd appreciate if everyone would contribute with screenshots and such because I got my hands full atm with work and I'd love this guide to be complete as soon as possible. I'll link each person's contribution in the appropriate place so don't worry about that :D

NOTE2: If you want to see U9 new puzzle rooms you can skip to pages 6 and 7, we got lots of new screenshots by MarmoshaCommander_Snake_Eyes11thCommandment, fuffi2milka, tuman18, and Lactamid

You can check those out for now. I will be moving them to the first page later when I get some free time.

Here are the main components of the Puzzle/Trap system:

Lazer Sphere:
lazersphere.jpg

Floor Panel:
floorpanel1.jpg
floorpanel2.jpg

Wall Lazers:
walllazers.jpg

Turret:
turrety.jpg

Video Set: (by Bliznub )

New Video Set: (By Guiltytwo)

Notes:
- At Update 8.1.0 they said that they fixed it so that Other teammates can solve host-only puzzles now.

P.S. please don't reply to this thread until I finish reserving enough posts (I will reserve 10 for now). Feel free to post now. I think 8 posts will be enough for me.
P.S. 2: If you find anything wrong/imprecise please message me and I'll fix it.
P.S. 3: I'm still working on this, so any suggestions are welcome. And I'm still uploading and editing the pictures that I have and I will try to take better oriented ones later. Edited by MrFireShot

for room 2 (the bridge cold floor one) you can wall run on the left side(from your screenshot's point of view) of the cold floor, doing so will basically allow you avoid the cold floor and also to jump off at the end of the run into a air slide/air slash which helps you clear some more distance.

Very useful information. A lot of this I worked out myself, but I was completely stumped on the colour changing floor panels and such. Thanks.

If helpful, I recorded last night a quick run of Room 7:

When I get some more Void keys I will record the others and post here, if you like.

Oh, and for prosperity I completely mis-timed the jump off that wall run. If you get it right it sends you flying through the door and into the secret room. I have no idea why the door stopped closing, but hell am I grateful.

Updated

No, I've seen both panels open on one side when I hit the first panel, but when I come back to that side for the 4th they've closed again.

I've never seen them close but I'll look into it and get back to you.

Thanks for taking the time to post all of this. I haven't done very many void runs, so was missing a lot of those.

You are welcome :D

how many rooms are there left ?

I'm not sure xD

maybe 4 or 5 more.

for room 2 (the bridge cold floor one) you can wall run on the left side(from your screenshot's point of view) of the cold floor, doing so will basically allow you avoid the cold floor and also to jump off at the end of the run into a air slide/air slash which helps you clear some more distance.

That works as well, Thanks!

Very useful information. A lot of this I worked out myself, but I was completely stumped on the colour changing floor panels and such. Thanks.

If helpful, I recorded last night a quick run of Room 7:

When I get some more Void keys I will record the others and post here, if you like.

Oh, and for prosperity I completely mis-timed the jump off that wall run. If you get it right it sends you flying through the door and into the secret room. I have no idea why the door stopped closing, but hell am I grateful.

Thanks for the video! I linked it into the original post.

And the doors for the secret rooms will always halt right before they close (to give you a little extra chance to slide in). 

good guy, fireshot, i'll need to take a closer look myself. i know of a place where crates spawn, not really a room, but you can add to your topic if you wish. i'll make screens later.

That would be really helpful. Thanks :D

There are so many

There are even more :D but I'm too lazy to post them atm xD

On room 1 anyone can activate it, ive never hosted a Void mission but ive completed the puzzle a few times.

Yes but only the host can see the colors. Others (even enemies) can step on the panels but they have a 75% chance of activating a trap and failing the mission. Doing it without seeing the colors basically gives you a chance of 4.125% to successfully solve it, whereas seeing the colors is a 100% chance :D

thanks this will be alot of help, my friends and i discovered alot of this by accident except for rooms 1,3, and 5, this will help make our void runs more profitable

Glad I could help :D

as i promised, fireshot, screens:

mjs4ro.jpg

this is where it is.

k2ddt3.jpg

this is the edge where you need to climb. spawns anywhere between 0-6 additional crates. :)

I actually know this one (because of loot radar) but I never actually got mods from there, so I'm keeping it on a low priority atm (since I have so few slots to post stuff and there is still like 2 cool obstacle courses and 1 puzzle room)

im curious as to why room 1 is only doable by the host and not the other players ?

i think it's related to a buttload of bad code responsible for a lot of host-client issues, just like elemental damage on paris, glaive throw delay and so on. game needs better lag compensation system.

im curious as to why room 1 is only doable by the host and not the other players ?

It's kinda what fauxhb said, plus the fact that only the host can see the changing colors of the Floor Panels.

Others CAN actually step on the panels and activate them but they can't see colors.

Edited by MrFireShot

Perhaps you could mention all those "small" hidden rooms, like the urns you have to use walljump to get, or the one u have to use wallrun to get to.

If needed, i could make a few screenshots as soon as im home and post them here.

(

teilzeit, where the hell is your forum badge? :D

great stuff OP

just did some void runs the other day with groups that wanted to "rush" (shudder)

so sad =/

but this thread is awesome =]

thx :D

Perhaps you could mention all those "small" hidden rooms, like the urns you have to use walljump to get, or the one u have to use wallrun to get to.

If needed, i could make a few screenshots as soon as im home and post them here.

(

Screenshots will be useful :D (fauxhb provided me with a couple screenies that I'll be using soon)

I'm planning to add those small rooms after I'm done with the big ones.