Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Rhino Is Getting Some Buffs/changes With His New Skin? I Have A Suggestion.

RagingGrizzly

With Rhino's new skin and tweaks just around the corner, I might as well say something that I thought would be useful for his skill set.

They said in a devstream that enemies affected by stomp would take more damage to his charge. What I thought would be kinda cool is if Iron skin had an effect on his charge, since the developers are trying to make it where all of the abilities of a frame be more rewarding if you use them in tandem as seen in the Saryn rework.

What I was thinking is if an enemy is struck by charge while iron skin is active, the charge would deal more damage along with a puncture proc.

The health percentage of his iron skin would determine how much more damage his charge would do, and the chance of the puncture proc. (Iron skin has 43% hp. Charge does 43% extra damage and has a 43% chance to do a puncture proc on successful strike)

I think this will make it be more useful outside of being a bullet sponge.

What are your thoughts?

Don't forget when he falls from high places he gets that aoe heavy impact dmg thing. But I don't play rhino now, and probably still wont play rhino after changes.

Yeah, I saw that. It looks pretty cool, and I won't have to use a slot for the mod.

Good idea, OP.

Thanks. :D

I like the idea. Just hope he doesn't end up being a broken rework like what happened to Saryn.

Thanks for the feedback. His changes sound more simple to me, so it shouldn't be like her rework. (At least I hope not, I still use Saryn tho!)

Same thing can be said about Excal, his radial javelin needs to matter in his skill set. Another thought was blinded enemies would take more damage from his jav.

That that would be cool.

Hell yeah. Also when EB is on, Javelins get replaced w/ EB sword slashes.

Im hoping they change his Charge animation wise. Right now it looks more like a dash and doesnt feel "heavy", which is kinda Rhino's thing.

Hell yeah. Also when EB is on, Javelins get replaced w/ EB sword slashes.

Im hoping they change his Charge animation wise. Right now it looks more like a dash and doesnt feel "heavy", which is kinda Rhino's thing.

Not so sure on your idea on his jav and eb, but the idea about his charge would be interesting. If they did change it, what would they do to it? Make him run extremely fast, hearing his stomping feet all the while?

If they decided to change it, that would be interesting, as I said. Personally I think t's fine how it is right now.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

What do you mean? Like automatic parrying if a melee unit successfully strikes his Iron skin?

Sorry, that was kind of poorly worded.

I meant that when using melee mode, actually blocking when holding the block button.

Right now, whenever Iron Skin is active Rhino can't block. 

Sorry, that was kind of poorly worded.

I meant that when using melee mode, actually blocking when holding the block button.

Right now, whenever Iron Skin is active Rhino can't block. 

Really? I'll go test that.

Edit: You're correct. Is that a mechanic or a bug?

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

• 2 months later...

...So you tell me it isn't already the case?!

DE, please make it happen.

(it doesn't even look hard to implement :

while(rhinoCharge.isActive())

{

if(rhino.ironSkin.isActive())

{

rhinoChargeBaseDamage *= 1 + (additionalDamageFromModsAndOtherBuffs/100);

}

}

)

Edited by unknow99

...So you tell me it isn't already the case?!

DE, please make it happen.

(it doesn't even look hard to implement :

{

{

}

}

)

We already got something like that when his revision come out. It wasn't what I expected, we only get a blast proc that doesn't really do anything since the enemies already hit by it are going to be rag-dolled anyways.

Dude, you forgot to open your function. And to define it too.

Nice catch!! :s

/**

*@pre Rhino got energy,isn't down & this happens during gameplay (not cutscenes)

*@post -

**/

public void ironSkinRhinoCharge()

{

{

{

}

}

}