Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Character Revealed For Smash Bros!

unknow99

Hello guys,

the new Nintendo Direct just ended aaand... WOW that was unexpected!!

I never played his game, but I know that some people are losing their mind on this out of excitement.... Good surprise! :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3sladi/new_character_confirmed_for_smash/

Thoughts?

(still hoping for King K. Rool & Earthworm Jim to come aswell)

Hello guys,

the new Nintendo Direct just ended aaand... WOW that was unexpected!!

I never played his game, but I know that some people are losing their mind on this out of excitement.... Good surprise! :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3sladi/new_character_confirmed_for_smash/

Thoughts?

(still hoping for King K. Rool & Earthworm Jim to come aswell)

Well, at the very least, Nintendo's still making money. 

Oh Nintendo, you and your 2001 visuals.

I would say "never change", but

1. Please change.

2. I know you would never do that.

Ah yeah, that eternal debate...

Visuals are important. Gameplay too...

The thing is to get a balance between both, because you'll forget a pretty game without depth/story/fun as fast as a really ugly game with amazing controls/gameplay/lore...

Edited by unknow99

The thing is to get a balance between both, because you'll forget a pretty game without depth/story/fun as fast as a really ugly game with amazing controls/gameplay/lore...

This could be a valid argument if there wouldn't ve tons of games doing both well.

Problem is, Nintendo hardly innovates in any front. Not in visuals, not in gameplay.

You get soo much of the same things with the "just above acceptable" packaging.

And frankly, they are starting to fall behind even on gameplay front.

Rocket League in a sense already does what Mario kart does, but better. Yeah, it's not a racing game, but in every other area, it has a striking resemblance. (Then again Mario Kart is probably one of the better games Nintendo released lately, hell, that game even pushes the console in terms of visuals)

Edited by Cynaris

Problem is, Nintendo hardly innovates in any front. Not in visuals, not in gameplay.

You get soo much of the same things with the "just above acceptable" packaging.

And frankly, they are starting to fall behind even on gameplay front.

And yet, they still are earning profits. If that business strategy works for them to continue earning profits (after all, Nintendo is a profit-based organisation) for the foreseeable future, why use a new business strategy?

And yet, they still are earning profits. If that business strategy works for them to continue earning profits (after all, Nintendo is a profit-based organisation) for the foreseeable future, why use a new business strategy?

profits?

Nintendo has been losing money for YEARS. They started making some last year, but who knows how long that lasts.

profits?

Nintendo has been losing money for YEARS. They started making some last year, but who knows how long that lasts.

Money ≠ profits, mind you. You can earn a lot of profits but have little money (or cash, as some people prefer to call it). Nintendo has enough cash to sustain itself for quite some time. 

As for profits, they have been earning profits for a long time up until two years ago (and earning profits now). What you might be referring to is that their profit margins are dropping, which is true. 

If you need a good example, Fallout 4. Not games like Smash Bros or or Mario Kart, they have good fun but they are far from mechanically in depth in terms of game play when in comparison to other games.

If you need a good example, Fallout 4. Not games like Smash Bros or or Mario Kart, they have good fun but they are far from mechanically in depth in terms of game play when in comparison to other games.

Oooh Smash players won't like you if you say that their game has no depth like other fighting games... :3

Personally, I just laugh at their "meta" as much as I laugh at Warframe's "meta" : people forget that they play a game & think they're rocket scientists...

Oooh Smash players won't like you if you say that their game has no depth like other fighting games... :3

Personally, I just laugh at their "meta" as much as I laugh at Warframe's "meta" : people forget that they play a game & think they're rocket scientists...

Fanboy all they want I could care less if I wanted to,

You'll also typically keep groaning at a game with bad visuals. 

I don't even think the majority of Nintendo fans are even kids, Nintendo has nostalgia factor and that's the only thing keeping them up.

At least i hope they're not really have the children screaming mentality.

You'll also typically keep groaning at a game with bad visuals. 

Let me play Legend of Zelda in peace pls.

It has the most amazing and stunning visuals ever.

Let me play Legend of Zelda in peace pls.

It has the most amazing and stunning visuals ever.

Because it's made to look like that and looks great as it is.

Fallout 4 is an example of a game that has bad visuals (aside from lighting) due to the textures.

Smash Bros. isn't a game that needs stellar graphics, no fighting game really needs graphics that "wow" you in the same sense that Metro Last Light does. It instead needs tight controls, a good feel when it comes to fighting and a focus on gameplay.

Because it's made to look like that and looks great as it is.

Fallout 4 is an example of a game that has bad visuals (aside from lighting) due to the textures.

Smash Bros. isn't a game that needs stellar graphics, no fighting game really needs graphics that "wow" you in the same sense that Metro Last Light does. It instead needs tight controls, a good feel when it comes to fighting and a focus on gameplay.

There's only so much you can do with cartoon like visuals~