The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reset - Snipetron Is Exclusive Now

Mythblaze

I don't think it would be hard to add it to the list. I'm sure they are other people who would prefer it not to be lost upon reset atm and not have to wait to reattain the snipetron since it was removed from the market. It will most assuredly be changed when it is reintroduced in the future. That is why I view the current snipetron as exclusive. 

its been said countless times that its going to be reintroduced in the future. Dont get your panties in a bunch

This does not solve the problem for the OP, if the reset removes the snipetron, this means that in the interim he/she will have lost the weapon for that time and wishes to retain the weapon.  It does correct that it is not now an "exclusive" weapon permanently, only currently.

its been said countless times that its going to be reintroduced in the future. Dont get your panties in a bunch

The snipetron is still in the game, but now it's a http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lanka'>pewpew gun instead. I hear it's a clan research weapon. Certainly may have different stats but it's still the same gun model-wise

Edited by Rabcor

The snipetron is still in the game, but now it's a pewpew gun instead. I hear it's a clan research weapon. Certainly may have different stats but it's still the same gun model-wise

Wrong, as it happens. The model of the ST is being used for the Lanka, but the ST itself functions completely differently to the Lanka, not to mention that they are still separate weapons. The Lanka has not replaced the ST

The reset does not save the Snipetron at this time. I have heard through the Corpus-Grapevine that Lotus forces have secured the faulty Snipetrons (Corpus models firing Grineer bullets), and they may make a limited return.

Same skin/stats? ...Just to appease the horde? (A horde with which I am affiliated with, but I digress...) To be honest, at this point I find myself in agreement with the team's sentiment, that it simply doesn't fit, but I've always thought it would have been a better solution to just upgrade the currently 'in-circulation' ones it to the new, proper Corpus pew pew variety.

If the whole clan research thing just happened to get in the way of that solution, why not give it a slight model swap with identical stats and call it a Tenno relative of the Latron (they both end in -tron, don'tcha know~)

Same skin/stats? ...Just to appease the horde? (A horde with which I am affiliated with, but I digress...) To be honest, at this point I find myself in agreement with the team's sentiment, that it simply doesn't fit, but I've always thought it would have been a better solution to just upgrade the currently 'in-circulation' ones it to the new, proper Corpus pew pew variety.

If the whole clan research thing just happened to get in the way of that solution, why not give it a slight model swap with identical stats and call it a Tenno relative of the Latron (they both end in -tron, don'tcha know~)

No, give the Snipetron a new model [and upgrade the model of existing Snipetrons] but keep the stats the same. Just don't mess with how my gun feels to use please.

Sorry, I missed that part; I was reading on my phone.

No sweat. Honestly I'd only have really been totally okay with DE changing the (Old) Snipetron into the (Corpus) Snipetron if the (then-new) Vulkar was statistically identical to the old Snipetron, which it turned out not to be.

I distinctly remember the snipetron being laughed at and/or never used.

The only reason people want it now is because you can't get it. And that's a $&*&*#(%& reason.

I put it last on my list of BPs to get because it was more novel than functional. They removed it before I could grab it, so I was a bit upset. They realized that removing it without telling anyone was a bit uncool, so now they're offering a chance to grab one again.

I do not consider my reasoning $&*&*#(%&. Thanks. :-)

I distinctly remember the snipetron being laughed at and/or never used.

The only reason people want it now is because you can't get it. And that's a $&*&*#(%& reason.

What a beautifully broad, sweeping generalisation. You'll find a lot of people actually enjoyed using it. Let me make a generalisation of my own. The people who laughed at the Snipetron before it was removed are not the same people who want it back.