The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Primary Loadout

Fa11en0G

Question

I just got nova and I was testing her and leveling and I got the 2nd ability Amd and I knew how to charge it up but I use a soma mostly (Dont judge I like seeing yellow when I'm killing idk why), but it does not get affected by crit damage just Base damage so I keep seeing 50 damage per hit at the ball.

I like mp and Amd becuz it helps with def so I need a new primary I got the orthos prime for a melee and gammacore for secondary (becuz it does a lot of damage and it matchs the theme of nova LASERS) I'm MR 6 and reply answers please

Thank you

Ps I'm used to Loki so it easy for me to spam my 2nd ability without thinking that how I noticed it.

8 answers to this question

Nova's goshdarn Wiki

Check that and you'll find that Soma is a bit un-useful for AMD Nuker Build.

Read the whole thing, mate

I like mp and Amd becuz it helps with def so I need a new primary I got the orthos prime for a melee and gammacore for secondary (becuz it does a lot of damage and it matchs the theme of nova LASERS) I'm MR 6 and reply answers please

^^^^

And to the OP, I'd recommend the Boltor Prime or Tigris (Since you're only MR6). They doesn't depend on crits to destroy everything

Edited by Kevlar5

Opticor works very well. AMD is a one-handed action so it can be cast while a weapon is charging, and it's damage is not reliant on crits. 

Plan to shoot at enemies normally, and just toss in the AMD cast: Charge the Opticor, cast AMD, release the charge - not only will you still be able to shoot at enemies, you'll have a mostly (if not fully) charged AMD to follow up with, and it costs you no additional time, effort, or ammo.

Why not switch to your Gammacor for charging up AMD?

Anyway, for a non-crit Primary that functions similarly to the Soma, how 'bout the Braton Prime?

Solid weapon, lotsa status procs, yay Day of the Dead skin :D

Ignis and Kohm are also fun, not least for mowing down bigger groups of enemies

(dat Kohm mass dismemberment, any Nekros' wet dream).